Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 for PS3 just bought, very desperate for help though.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 for PS3 just bought, very desperate for help though.

Hi, this is Stallone1993 off the PSN if any1 has ever ran into me online on the PS3. Anyways i just bought UTIII today and played it for a bit, wow what an action packed game. I just have a few questions that I need answered please

Question ONE:
    Here is what I've done so far:
    1) Installed Game requirements.
    2) Fully INstalled game.
    3) Played online.
    4) Installed some mods.
    5) Deleted Game Data because I decided that I wouldnt sacrifice 2 GB just for a few quicker seconds of loading.
    6) Reinstalled game data. (Not Full install)
    7) Played VCTF only to find it freeze everytime when loading the map.
    What is up? Am I permanently screwed? Has this been recognized in the past? I do understand that installing the game fully does fix this issue, but I mean I have NO MODS CURRENTLY INSTALLED and the game will freeze only when on Vehicle CTF? Any solutions? I really dont want to give up 2GB, is there a way I can play Vehicle CTF without fully installing?

Question TWO:
    Some people are saying Headsets work, some people are saying they dont. I have a JABRA BT125 headset (warhawk Blutooth), and it works in every game. Is it possible to get it working with UTIII? If so, how?

Thanks guys, I hope you will be able to help me! The game is AMAZING but the only thing letting me down is the first problem. The second one is meh, but i would like to get it working anyways.

You sure installing isn't worth quicker load times/fixing that problem? I'm sure Epic will fix it, but for now just installing is your best bet.

As for your headset, it seems pretty up in the air. They may all work, except some people who don't forward the proper ports etc can't hear. No one's really sure. Once again, though, Epic will definitely get on it.

Comment

How big is your PS3 HDD? 2GB isn't that much to sacrifice. Heck, you can even install a bigger HDD in the PS3 if you really are low in space.

Comment

True true. I got the mic issue resolved but even so nobody talks lol. I'm pretty sure its working because right when before i go into the game I start up my bt and it makes the beep beep noise. THen when i start UTIII i can hear it like pair up and like its ready to chat (like a kind of satisfying airy noise) but even so, that problem with the Vehicle CTF seriously needs resolving, because honestly, how is a nub supposed to know there is a full install option for it to temporarily fix it. LOL I know im a lil angry I just hat ehow now a days u pop out the 50 and the extra change for a game only to get slapped in the face by bugs, and future add-ons lol. "Oh check this out this game will revolve arround community online and such" Lol u buy the game and there is no online play... < Pain PSN game. Lol
        It's similar

Comment

Well yeah it still doesnt work even after I completely erased everything that even had the word Unreal on it on my PS3 and completely reinstalling everything. The only way out is 2GB off my HDD and I guess Im going to bring the game back and trade in Ratchet because I dont think this game is really worth the 60$

Unless Epic Games make the patch of the century that fixes all my problems.

Comment

UT3 > * > Ratchet and Clank AKA High Rez PS2 game

Comment

Originally posted by Stallone1993 View Post
              True true. I got the mic issue resolved but even so nobody talks lol. I'm pretty sure its working because right when before i go into the game I start up my bt and it makes the beep beep noise. THen when i start UTIII i can hear it like pair up and like its ready to chat (like a kind of satisfying airy noise) but even so, that problem with the Vehicle CTF seriously needs resolving, because honestly, how is a nub supposed to know there is a full install option for it to temporarily fix it. LOL I know im a lil angry I just hat ehow now a days u pop out the 50 and the extra change for a game only to get slapped in the face by bugs, and future add-ons lol. "Oh check this out this game will revolve arround community online and such" Lol u buy the game and there is no online play... < Pain PSN game. Lol
              It's similar

Lol, I know what you mean, we need some really big online game names coming out, Im also dissapointed of the lack of people talking in the game, I dont understand how Xbox Live can get almost everyone talking on mic, yet the ps3 cant, sorry for the off-topic here

Comment

Hi, this is Stallone1993 off the PSN if any1 has ever ran into me online on the PS3. Anyways i just bought UTIII today and played it for a bit, wow what an action packed game. I just have a few questions that I need answered please

Question ONE:
                2) Fully INstalled game.
                3) Played online.
                4) Installed some mods.
                5) Deleted Game Data because I decided that I wouldnt sacrifice 2 GB just for a few quicker seconds of loading.
                What is up? Am I permanently screwed? Has this been recognized in the past? I do understand that installing the game fully does fix this issue, but I mean I have NO MODS CURRENTLY INSTALLED and the game will freeze only when on Vehicle CTF? Any solutions? I really dont want to give up 2GB, is there a way I can play Vehicle CTF without fully installing?

Question TWO:
                Some people are saying Headsets work, some people are saying they dont. I have a JABRA BT125 headset (warhawk Blutooth), and it works in every game. Is it possible to get it working with UTIII? If so, how?

Thanks guys, I hope you will be able to help me! The game is AMAZING but the only thing letting me down is the first problem. The second one is meh, but i would like to get it working anyways.
                Hi Stallone,

I've been running Unreal Tournament 2007 (UT3) since launch and have ran several VCTF'S and have never had any problems with it freezing up on me.
                Not once has it ever froze up on me? Needless to say it could be with your game data file in addition you may also consider deleting your game save configuration file.

Make sure remove any user created content i.e mods before following the steps below.

Try removing completely the game data and your configuration file aka (game save file). safely and correctly shutdown your Playstation 3 once you have restarted the unit load up Unreal Tournament 2007 perform the intial install not the full install and re-configure your setting and try running a VCTF.
                If it continues to freeze up on you I would contact Sony and fill out a trouble shooting support form. You may also want to visit

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...rd?board.id=ut

Comment

Seems to me that you ****ed up your game and not epic..

Comment

Question ONE:
                    2) Fully INstalled game.
                    3) Played online.
                    4) Installed some mods.

Question TWO:

You don't want to "GIVE UP" 2GB of your hard drive for such an excellent game? Delete your **** and use that space for what your console was made to do, play games.

Comment

You're in the wrong section of the forum.

Comment

Seriously, Mr. Stallone from 1993, just install the stupid game. Even if you have a 40GB PS3, how could you be so worried about "giving up" 2 gigs? How is that so substantial to you?

I'm sure you can afford a new HDD also, since you've just finished filming your sure-to-be-hit Demolition Man.

Comment

LOL Demolition man. Dont forget Rambo! Lol anyways today it seems to be working fine...I've never changed anything or nothing...and didnt even install the 2 GIGS...how the hell could I screw up my game I don't know what you mean the last post on the first page .

Comment

Originally posted by SWJB View Post
                            Lol, I know what you mean, we need some really big online game names coming out, Im also dissapointed of the lack of people talking in the game, I dont understand how Xbox Live can get almost everyone talking on mic, yet the ps3 cant, sorry for the off-topic here
                            they have everyone talking because the packages come with headsets.. ps3 needs to think about releasing a similair package

Comment

Yeah they should make an official Blutooth device. The closest we've got to official was the Jabra BT125 that came with Warhawk because it is made (or chosen) to work with the PS3 and it does work fine with every game. It does have confllictions with this one, only thing is it must be on before the game is started, for some strange reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X