I just got Unreal Tournament III for PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got Unreal Tournament III for PS3

Hey, I just got Unreal Tournament III for PS3 and it's great! The graphics are good and the gameplay is awesome. I have three questions to ask though.

1. In Campaign mode when they tell you what you have to do, why do they spell flags this way, FLaGs?

2. Unreal Tournament III has like 40 maps or so and they are quite big. How could Epic possibly fit this on one DVD for the Xbox 360? If it can barely fit Gears on one disc which has small maps and not many of them, how could they possibly fit this on one DVD disc? You can only compress the files so much. It would be a shame if Epic had to put it on two discs.

3. Just for the sake of it, what looks better? Unreal Tournament III or Bioshock? I know they both use Unreal Engine 3, but Irrational Games had to optimize Unreal Engine 3 to do what they wanted it to, and because of that, was the engine improved graphically? This is just opinion based but screenshot evidence would be appreciated. (Sorry if this is not allowed on the Epic forums, if so, you (the administrators) may remove this question. Try to keep the other questions though as I am desperate for answers :P. Thanks!)

4. I've been playing this game and I have noticed that there is some anti-aliasing problems. Is this because I'm playing this on an SDTV and therefore, it must have to render the game in lower resolutions or does the game just have anti-aliasing problems? I also hear that Gears of War looks bad on an HDTV because the textures it uses aren't high-res and therefore it would look better in standard definition.

Please answer these questions if possible. Thanks.

-BrendanL

Originally posted by BrendanL View Post
    1. In Campaign mode when they tell you what you have to do, why do they spell flags this way, FLaGs?
    They explain it in the campaign. It's an accronym for something but I forgot what. They did this as just stealing flags from opponents is kind of silly

2. Unreal Tournament III has like 40 maps or so and they are quite big. How could Epic possibly fit this on one DVD for the Xbox 360? If it can barely fit Gears on one disc which has small maps and not many of them, how could they possibly fit this on one DVD disc? You can only compress the files so much. It would be a shame if Epic had to put it on two discs.
    Barley fit Gears on a DVD? Proof please. They won't release UT3 (360) on 2 discs.

Comment

Well to the OP they were some how able to fit all the content for PC on 1 DVD so why would they not be able to fit it all on 1 DVD for 360?

Comment

UT3 is like 7.95GB, it fit on one dvd *shrug, should be fine for 360

question for ps3 ppl: Does the UT3 on ps3 use 16xAF?
        i reduced mine to "0" on pc haha, just for the extra smoothness while still having everything on high.

Comment

All the same content was on the PC version, and based on the reading from the control panel it all adds up to 8068 MB which equals 7.88 GB. DVD9s, which are the DVDs used for 360 games can hold 7.95 GB. Theres still space left over, plus the use of compression tools can free up some more space. So all in all, it'll fit on one DVD for the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
            Well to the OP they were some how able to fit all the content for PC on 1 DVD so why would they not be able to fit it all on 1 DVD for 360?
            It comes in at about 10 gigs. A single DVD could do it... barely.

If Microsoft keeps being douches and doesn't allow downloadable content, despite how obvious and great a success it will be on ps3... I was hoping they would round up the best content available at the time of the release and include it in the retail copy of the game... but the small size of DVD makes that hard.

Comment

Microsoft does allow downloadable content..........anyway, where did you get that UT3 was about 10 gigs. Its actually about 7.8 gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                Microsoft does allow downloadable content..........anyway, where did you get that UT3 was about 10 gigs. Its actually about 7.8 gigs.

1. only their own downloadable content
                2. i think he was talking about Gears

Comment

1. They allow any downloadable content for any game. I think you guys are confusing it with User Created Content.
                  2. He didn't specify he was talking about Gears. He said that it was 10 gigs when he quoted someone who was talking about UT3. So......

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys. It really helped clear my mind!

Comment

User Created Content.
                      which is a pretty pivotal point for UT3

home brewed mods and mutators that the PS3 and PC will be able to use and the M$ kids cant

Comment

I thought they were going to be working on reaching a resolution for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SAHChandler View Post
                          I thought they were going to be working on reaching a resolution for that.
                          They will, but PS3 people like to think that they'll be the only ones with mod support. I'm not all that interested in mods anyway. I just want to play the game on the 360.

home brewed mods and mutators that the PS3 and PC will be able to use and the M$ kids cant
                          Dude, the PS3 people currently can't get mods unless Epic makes them available. So, theres no reason to be celebrating.

Comment

You guys aren't thinking clearly.
                            The PC version is bigger than 9GB it has to a huge install onto the Hard drive. The install setup tells you need 8GB free on harddrive, to copy over the game engine and uncompress the sucker onto your harddrive.
                            I'm assuming they don't bother copying over all the textures, movies, compressed maps.

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanL View Post
                              Field Lattice Generator - rofl, terrible if you ask me. They shouldn't have tried to explain why you have to cap the flag. The FLaG is supposed to power their respawner, so to destroy the enemy you have to remove their power source.

Comment

Working...
                              X