Favorite Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Maps

Just wanted to know what everyones favorite maps were, and why they liked them.

Onyx Coast:
    -it looks good
    -there is a leviathan
    -good balance between Axon and Necris

Necropolis:
    -it looks very good
    -i like the whole single bridge of death idea

Suspense:
    -its the map I mostly play
    -well designed

Corruption:
    -i like how it goes to overtime most of the time
    -using a goliath in this map is a pleasure

EDIT: How the hell did I forget Downtown:
    -its is the best warfare map for racking up kills
    -it has the hellbender and the beserker powerup right next to one another which is just asking to be used together for some pure carnage

PS: what are the names of the maps which have the PhysX thingy mibob implemented?

Comment

Downtown and Floodgate. Most orb routes and pickup fun, my favourite maps at the moment.

Comment

I dont play online, so i dont really play any team based game type. Although i dont dislike any map (in team games i.e warfare, ctf, etc) i dont really enjoy playing any of them because playing with a team of bots is just frustrating. So i just play deathmatch. So far, i like all the maps. If i chose one, i would be stuck between a rock and a hard place to choose between Biohazard, Fearless, Rising Sun and Heat Ray. (of the standard maps). I have no ONE favourite map...but, i do "prefer" certain maps (as mentioned above). Put a gun to my head to pick one.. I'll go with DM-SPC-Pyramid. However, i absolutely LOATHE Deimos. It sucks in every way. Plays horridly, feels VERY cramped, TOO overly distracting details.

In CTF, although i said i dont really play team games, i do like CTF-Hydrosis, and Coret, only because in UT99 i played these maps MANY times with my friends at lan parties.

Comment

All the CTF maps (non-vehicle) except for Vertebrae.

Comment

Avalanche - good fun nice and big

Torlan - Classic map, the necris version makes it more fun

Comment

Some of the maps definitely look like they had a lot more work put into them than others, I tend to prefer the brighter maps:

For the visuals: Onyx coast, Sandstorm, Islander and Suspense.

For the gameplay: Defiance, Suspense, Avalanche, Torlan and Kargo.

Comment

Heatray is my favourite, for having a strong, decent sized layout and a nice theme and atmosphere. And although a lot of players seem to hate the Darkwalker there, I for one love it; it just adds a lot of fun dynamics to the gameplay beyond the standard deathmatch stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                  Heatray is my favourite, for having a strong, decent sized layout and a nice theme and atmosphere. And although a lot of players seem to hate the Darkwalker there, I for one love it; it just adds a lot of fun dynamics to the gameplay beyond the standard deathmatch stuff.
                  QFT-- it's my favorite DM map.

Corruption would be my favorte vCTF; the battles in the middle are generally quite Epic.

I love invertebrate or whatever it's called for CTF. CRAZY design.

Comment

i only play DM... my favourite DM map would be Defiance... not exactly sure why, i guess its size and layout allows enough room for 16 players comfortably, yet still some tight areas like around flak and 50A.
                    theme is good too... and its performance is one of the best of the DM maps.

Comment

favorite among popular maps

onyx coast crazy battles with a shelter that allows covering from darkwalker and other ****

floodgate intense map. love battles at floodgate node. peoples on foot mixed up with vehicles coming along, just awsome. also love those elevators and making huge jumps to land three rox.

less played but love it

serenity feel like a little hide and seek in the woods ?

Comment

Originally posted by SWJB View Post
                        Just wanted to know what everyones favorite maps were, and why they liked them.
                        Sandstorm is awesome. I thought the climate and vehicles available were nice, but to my pleasant surprise there really was a real sandstorm, which is exciting and chaotic in the middle of battle.

Comment

Bump, Must not leave first page!

Comment

Working...
                          X