Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia 169.28 beta drivers are THE fix for 8800GT GPU owners running Vista 32bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NooKie7 View Post
    so it fixes all the problems wit the gt?
    I have a GTS and it fixed it on my card also, not just GT's.

VERY IMPORTANT make sure you uninstall your previous version first
    then use a program like Drive Sweeper to get any remnants. Then install
    the 169.28 version.

Comment

I, being an XP user.. Have never ever experienced any of the above mentioned issues.

Comment

Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
        I have a 8800GT and didn't have a single problem ever. So is this only for Vista users because I will get Vista in two days...
        you gonna get hell in 2 days mah booi

Comment

Originally posted by msny View Post
          I have a GTS and it fixed it on my card also, not just GT's.

VERY IMPORTANT make sure you uninstall your previous version first
          then use a program like Drive Sweeper to get any remnants. Then install
          the 169.28 version.
          If you read my OP I did say that there was a great chance it would fix the issue because this card is also based on the new G92 architecture but I didn't want to say definitely because I hadn't been able to test it myself. Thanks for verifying that it does indeed work.

And you do NOT have to uninstall the old drivers first ... that is the computer graphics world's biggest myth. I never do that and have NEVER had a problem because of that reason ... just run the install program and the drivers get overwritten. There is no reason to waste time doing an extra unnecessary step.

Comment

Originally posted by TYF00N View Post
            you gonna get hell in 2 days mah booi
            Please DO NOT turn this thread into Another BS Vista vs XP thread ... that is NOT the purpose of this thread. So please refrain from that so that this VERY IMPORTANT thread does not get locked. I appreciate it. You can always start you own I hate Vista thread. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
              I, being an XP user.. Have never ever experienced any of the above mentioned issues.
              Great ... glad to hear it ...please don't hit this thead just to say stuff like this though and try to start a fight about Vista and XP ... this is not the place for that so please respect the thread. If you never had the issue then there is NO Need for you to post anything here. Again thanks for your cooperation.

Again please read the title of the thread ... it is directed at a particular group of people. If you aren't part of the group chances are you don't need to comment on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Like you dudes always say so smugly to us Vista users just switch over and your problems will be gone. Vista is starting to show some promise for UE3 based games (actually Gears is the best current UE3 game in terms of AA) ... finally the drivers are starting to get there and for true/full FSAA support as there is no other option for Gears, soon it will be the same for UT3 .. no more forcing it through the cp and getting whatever.
                I'm a Vista user and don't need any convincing. Although I think its a driver issue more than Vista causing these lockups for some. Its up to the driver manufacturers to make their stuff compatible to Vista standards that Microsoft had layed out to them. That this driver beta version can fix the lockup problem for Nvidia 8800 series cards all by itself shows Vista is not the culprit, nor is UT3 which is a great game IMHO. I do think Vista has much gaming promise once everyone takes advantage of its features and capabilities. The same thing happened with almost every prior version of Windows as well, "until drivers became" compatible and stable.

Comment

Did you try these drivers? They should solve your issue as well since the 8800GT and GTS are basically the same card (built around the G92 architecture) but again I cannot guarantee that they will. Your test should be to play Gateway and any of the Torlan maps and see how your system behaves. If you get even one long freeze (5-15 seconds) then yes you have the problem and more than likely this will fix it.
                  I am at work and will try out the new drivers in a few hours. Also this Vista vs. XP **** on this board is getting ridiculous. Benchmarks show ATI cards to run almost the same speed in Vista as XP, proving that it's Nvidia's Vista drivers at fault and not Vista as such.

Comment

Cool ... it is definitely a driver issue no doubt about it ... that is why Nvidia and Epic worked on this together. I guess I am just trying to stay clear of the whole Vista/XP thing and just talk about what works for users who have a similar config as mine. That is really all I care about on this thread. Again the important thing is that another large segment of UT3 users are now able to play two really great maps again and should not experience any freezing on any more levels ... not even for a second (outside of what is normal like something loading in the background). Thanks for the post.

Comment

Great ... glad to hear it ...please don't hit this thead just to say stuff like this though and try to start a fight about Vista and XP ... this is not the place for that so please respect the thread. If you never had the issue then there is NO Need for you to post anything here. Again thanks for your cooperation.

Again please read the title of the thread ... it is directed at a particular group of people. If you aren't part of the group chances are you don't need to comment on this thread.
                      Well to be completely honest with you, after having reviewed the Starters post, it strongly implied to me that that very post was mentioning both Vista as XP users, as long as they had an 8800gt.

I was just contradicting that very post by dropping in a reply to state how i have never been victim of any of the above mentioned issues before, even though I have an 8800gt.

So maybe you, or whoever wrote the starting post, should edit it so that it no longer implies that all 8800gt users have it, on all operating systems, to prevent further replies like my previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                        Well to be completely honest with you, after having reviewed the Starters post, it strongly implied to me that that very post was mentioning both Vista as XP users, as long as they had an 8800gt.

I was just contradicting that very post by dropping in a reply to state how i have never been victim of any of the above mentioned issues before, even though I have an 8800gt.

So maybe you, or whoever wrote the starting post, should edit it so that it no longer implies that all 8800gt users have it, on all operating systems, to prevent further replies like my previous one.
                        All you and anyone else who hits this thread really need to be concerned with is what I am saying in my posts since I am providing the information and I made it EXTREMELY clear what this thread is referring to and who this fix is supposed to help. I can't do more than that.

Comment

And you do NOT have to uninstall the old drivers first ... that is the computer graphics world's biggest myth. I never do that and have NEVER had a problem because of that reason ... just run the install program and the drivers get overwritten. There is no reason to waste time doing an extra unnecessary step.
                          I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything, but Nvidia don't agree with what you've said:

Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.
                          http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_...ion_hints.html

And I think you would definitely have to do it if you went from an Ati card to an Nvidia one (or vice versa)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
                            I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything, but Nvidia don't agree with what you've said:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_...ion_hints.html

And I think you would definitely have to do it if you went from an Ati card to an Nvidia one (or vice versa)
                            Well that doesn't matter ... what matter is what works and this is not a big enough issue for me to debate .. if you feel comfortable doing it that way then go right ahead. I was merely informing you it is not necessary at all. Most of us know this and I was trying to give you a heads up. Do what you will though.

Comment

Okay I changed the title of this thread so it should be very clear which users I am directing this thread towards and what kind of config I am talking about exactly. I can't say if 64 bit Vista works with this because I don't have it ... if someone with 64 bit Vista can install the new beta drivers and play on Gateway and Torlan (any one of them) and report the results back here that would be great.

Edit: Hey if this thread helped solve your problem could you please rate it? Thanks ... that way I know if I am really helping out the community or just wasting my time trying to be a good helpful community member.

Comment

Okay I changed the title of this thread so it should be very clear which users I am directing this thread towards and what kind of config I am talking about exactly. I can't say if 64 bit Vista works with this because I don't have it ... if someone with 64 bit Vista can install the new beta drivers and play on Gateway and Torlan (any one of them) and report the results back here that would be great.

Edit: Hey if this thread helped solve your problem could you please rate it? Thanks ... that way I know if I am really helping out the community or just wasting my time trying to be a good helpful community member.
                                Good boy.

-.-

Comment

Working...
                                X