Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xan Kreigor

Excuse me Epic games

Xan Kreigor was in all the other unreal tournament games but not in this one

Why not?

Well anyway if anyone can make a custom model of him or maybe epic games can release a patch with him added that would be great.

If not well, the game still is the best this year thanks everyone & Epic Games!

Um..there is a beta version of xan available. Btw.

Comment

Idd.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591657

Comment

Thx

This is cool thanks!

Comment

You're welcome.

Still need to have a look at this model myself... DLed and forgot to try it out ingame. :S

Comment

Install

How do you add this thing to the game?

I had it working but then had to switch back becuase of the invisible problems people are having with XAN

Comment

Not sure, haven't installed it yet and cba to do it now. :P

Put the files in the correct place (it all has to go to the My Documents UT3 files) and do what that little readme (included in the download) says, i.e. adding some lines to your UTCustomChar.ini.

Comment

Install this

I worked this out the other guides where a bit confusing but I got it to work!

Step 1:Add XAN.int to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT

Step 2:Add XAN_UT3_MODEL.upk to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Characters

Step 3:Go to your windows menu and do a "Search" to find UTCustomChar and double click it (common sense becuase you can't see it i think it's a hidden file so just double click it in your search box) and then add these lines in there prper places (not very hard just add spaces and such)

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Pa rts.XAN_HEADMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_Facemask,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODE L.Parts.XAN_MASKMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.P arts.XAN_TORSOMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL. Parts.XAN_XShoPad01",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Pa rts.XAN_ARMSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL. Parts.XAN_LEGSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.P arts.XAN_BOOTMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")

Characters=(CharName="XAN KRIEGOR",Description="<Strings:XAN.CharLocData.OSC _Description>",CharID="Z",bLocked="false",Faction= "Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:XAN_UT3_MODE L.pix.UI_Portrait_Character_Xan_Male_Head01>",Char Data=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="Z",TorsoID="Z",ShoPa dID="Z",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,A rmsID="Z",ThighsID="Z",BootsID="Z"))

then you should be done save everything and these steps DO NOT i repeat DO NOT have to be done in this order or any order as a matter of fact just you NEED to do every step now if you go back into UT3 after all its saved it should work by going into "Options"->"Character" you know and he is in the Liandri section named XAN KREIGOR he even has a description!

I hope this clears it up for people who made those long **** guides but thanks for your effort! Oh yeah by the way in multiplayer I think everyone else only see you as Reaper or whoever that single-player guy is,and you make human noises not Robot noises as the beta suggests but maybe i did something wrong. All in All to sum it up this skin is Kick@$$! Thanks!

Comment

Credit

I do not take credit for any of this sorry but the guy who made it sounded like he had a hard time so most my credit goes to him

Also I don't take credit for these either

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Pa rts.XAN_HEADMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Facemask,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODE L.Parts.XAN_MASKMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.P arts.XAN_TORSOMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL. Parts.XAN_XShoPad01",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Pa rts.XAN_ARMSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL. Parts.XAN_LEGSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.P arts.XAN_BOOTMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")

Characters=(CharName="XAN KRIEGOR",Description="<Strings:XAN.CharLocData.OSC _Description>",CharID="Z",bLocked="false",Faction= "Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:XAN_UT3_ MODE L.pix.UI_Portrait_Character_Xan_Male_Head01>",Char Data=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="Z",TorsoID="Z",ShoPa dID="Z",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,A rmsID="Z",ThighsID="Z",BootsID="Z"))

That was in the original guide but was hard to understand where to put it so credit to that guy! Keep on being cool Epic Games and people on these forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmypwns View Post
                    I worked this out the other guides where a bit confusing but I got it to work!

Step 1:Add XAN.int to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT

Step 2:Add XAN_UT3_MODEL.upk to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Characters

Step 3:Go to your windows menu and do a "Search" to find UTCustomChar and double click it (common sense becuase you can't see it i think it's a hidden file so just double click it in your search box) and then add these lines in there prper places (not very hard just add spaces and such)
                    Step 2 is incorrect. You should not place your custom items into the main program directory but under your profile game directory:

C:\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomChars

Your method will work but it is not the recommended method.

And this is where that file is: C:\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini

The same directory where your individual UT settings and information is stored.

Comment

The Xan model looks great Takes me back to the good ol' times with him in 2k4

Comment

Its Xan Kriegor not Kreigor!

Comment

hey in my opinion this xan is perfect and really next-gen, the 2004 model is good also but a bit old...MacTom27 made a good job!!! have a look here http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594843

Comment

Originally posted by RealSubZero View Post
                            hey in my opinion this xan is perfect and really next-gen, the 2004 model is good also but a bit old...MacTom27 made a good job!!! have a look here http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594843
                            Yep for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              Step 2 is incorrect. You should not place your custom items into the main program directory but under your profile game directory:

C:\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomChars

Your method will work but it is not the recommended method.

And this is where that file is: C:\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini

The same directory where your individual UT settings and information is stored.
                              i'm still confused why the hell Epic choose to n00bify a lot of aspects of UT and yet left the custom content adding process to its old complexity (in fact, now it is more complex).

btw, dont tell me that epic hoped all UT custom creators are expert in creating installer which is a messy process itself considering the step needed in this case.

Comment

Working...
                              X