story ending (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Nope, and yes it sucks horribly, the guys at Epic who wrote it should have their heads thoroughly slapped, Malcolm's defining quality in previous titles is loyalty, making him a traitor goes against the very essence of his being, and killing Jester like that is beyond words.
    No no no. You got Malcolm wrong. I think. He is a good guy. Ronin is not famous around galaxy, they are expendable. No one knows for them. And probably, Izanagi have some plans with Necris and Phayder corp. They re a treat. They must be stoped. Wouldn't you stop Hitler even if you had chance to destroy town in which he lived just to kill him? Think. Millions over hundreds.
    And Ronin is just four of them.

Comment

it really wants you buy the sequeal

Comment

Well, it's called marketing. But EPIC has everything. Story is good too. But style is not. If you want a story like that, you need a different style. But, this game is a great product.

Comment

I have to agree that the ending was disappointing. I feel that the whole lust for revenge plot ending up in devastating results was realistic and justified. However, aren't we, as the player, supposesd to connect with the main character? And if so, does that not leave us with a sense of "Oh wow I just sacrificed my sister in the name of vengeance"? The whole cliffhanger was also disappointing, and I believe only a great game with a wonderful storyline can pull that off without leaving a bad aftertaste.

Thank goodness the Unreal Tournament series is focussed on multiplayer action. As for the Malcolm complaints... I hardly see how we can question his loyalty. Perhaps from the Ronin perspective it looks that way, but didn't Reaper and his team abandon Malcolm and the Izanagi in the first place? The lines of loyalty were cut by Reaper and his gang, and Malcolm would have to be alot more than loyal to send in his troops to pull these nutjobs on a revenge kick out of the Necris capital.

My 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
            Well that shows how much Epic follow their own story line.
            Weren't Brock and Lauren supposed to be Necris by now?

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
              That's what Malcom wants you to think.
              LMAO! (too short)

Comment

I dont know, I think the story is pointless. It only serves as a "hype-building feature" to convince people to buy the title IMO.

Comment

Epic should do another tournament and leave this story where it belongs - in the dumpster.

Comment

The story of UT3 reminds me of a PS2 game Timesplitters. It's just an excuse for a single player campaign. They really should've just stuck on the tournament idea. What does the word tournament even stand for on the game's title?

"remove the respawner's FLaGs", lol

Comment

I wouldn't really call it a story, more of an excuse to take early PR high poly shots from for pre release.

Worked a charm.

Comment

Sorry to bump this old topic but since I bought the game for holydays and beat the SP campaign,I wanted to add my thoughts.
                        In all the games Malcom appeared,he was never stated as a "good" guy nor a "bad" guy,actually,with the exception of U2,all the main protagonists arent white shining knights:In UC2 for example,Anubis gives up his planet & people to Liandri to only resurrect (necris type) his dead love.
                        Just think about malcom timeline,he enters the tournament,beat the previous champion,got nice allies with Lauren and Brock,everything was doing great until Gorge breaks his column.
                        In UC2,Malcom story it is said that he never fully recovered from this injury,and since then everything kinda went downhill,disbanding with the Iron Guards,maybe he lost his pride with that loss? or maybe he's acting like he always he's been doing : as an opportunist or buisnessman.
                        And about Reaper? I think he's gonna get necro'ed,which is kinda worse,since necris don't remember their past after being "resurrected".
                        Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                        X