story ending (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

story ending (spoilers)

is there more than one ending in the game depending on different difficulties, choices, or paths? I thought the one I saw was pretty bad, like the main protagonist loses anyway.

Nope, and yes it sucks horribly, the guys at Epic who wrote it should have their heads thoroughly slapped, Malcolm's defining quality in previous titles is loyalty, making him a traitor goes against the very essence of his being, and killing Jester like that is beyond words.

Comment

Yeah that ending was written to have a sequel
      so maybe in a bonuspack or something
      Would blow if we had to wait for ut4

Comment

Yea I think there will come some kind of expansion

Comment

well i hope the sequel is available for ps3, since after unreal tournament, none of the other unreal games were available for playstation

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            Nope, and yes it sucks horribly, the guys at Epic who wrote it should have their heads thoroughly slapped, Malcolm's defining quality in previous titles is loyalty, making him a traitor goes against the very essence of his being, and killing Jester like that is beyond words.
            I wasn't aware Malcom had any defining qualities, I thought he was just another dude in the tournament, who ended up winning it one year.

Trying to put a story into this kind of game driven by cut-scenes was horribly misguided. Did they not think it would sell on the consoles without pre-rendered movies? It kind of makes me wish they had just gone all-out comedy/satire if they had to do a story, that might have been fun to watch. (this is coming from someone who was totally single-player up until now)

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
              I wasn't aware Malcom had any defining qualities, I thought he was just another dude in the tournament, who ended up winning it one year.
              KriLL3.8™ is correct. In the UT lore, including character bios, Malcolm is supposed to be loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                KriLL3.8™ is correct. In the UT lore, including character bios, Malcolm is supposed to be loyal.
                That's what Malcom wants you to think.

Comment

Throughout the UT series, Malcolm becomes more and more stereotypically black. UT3's Malcolm is just unbearable to listen to. I'm surprised Epic didn't code him to eat watermelon and fried chicken too.

Comment

Loyalty? When does it ever imply he's loyal? In UT2004 he breaks away from Brock and Lauren.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
                      Loyalty? When does it ever imply he's loyal? In UT2004 he breaks away from Brock and Lauren.
                      His bio in the game, the manual and site:
                      Needs no introduction - most famous veteran of the Tournaments, recognized on every planet. With the typical calm pride of the Earth-born, and strong sense of loyalty, Malcolm is a true survivor and born leader.

Comment

the only thing i liked is when reaper crashed Akasas head with his RL! As i know in the previous games cars didn't actually have a personality, so Malcolm can be a greedy jerk

Comment

His bio in the game, the manual and site:
                          Well that shows how much Epic follow their own story line.

Comment

Reaper was an ******* and very, very unlikeable anyway

Comment

Originally posted by fif View Post
                              Throughout the UT series, Malcolm becomes more and more stereotypically black. UT3's Malcolm is just unbearable to listen to. I'm surprised Epic didn't code him to eat watermelon and fried chicken too.
                              LOL all true. Chicken and watermelon for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X