UT3 awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 awards

I feel UT3 deserves the same eligibility for 2007 awards as every other game released this year despite arriving so late. I see games being nominated and awarded that came a month before this one, and this game arrived around the 10th of December, and the pc version was also released in November, but I don't see anyone mention this game. So, if it's not being mentioned for this year, will it be mentioned for 2008?

It was released in plenty of time on the PC and really with so many games coming out from mid-november onwards, any respectable award should wait until the end of the year before deciding. But games released earlier always have an advantage, with patches and time for fans to build up communities. A newly released game (especially on PC), usually takes some time to really gain the resepct it deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by ephoenix6 View Post
      I feel UT3 deserves the same eligibility for 2007 awards as every other game released this year despite arriving so late. I see games being nominated and awarded that came a month before this one, and this game arrived around the 10th of December, and the pc version was also released in November, but I don't see anyone mention this game. So, if it's not being mentioned for this year, will it be mentioned for 2008?
      Well games like CoD4 and Crysis and Gears PC came out in the same month so yes I am in total agreement with you ... I just don't understand why UT3 is being snubbed so much. It is not even mentioned for best graphics in Gamespots awards ... how crazy is that ... what game looks better (not Crysis imo that is for certain)? And how is this game not getting any consideration for PC FPS of the year or even PC MP GoTY ... it is really a crock for UT3 to get completely overlooked.

Now hopefully the 360 version will address this issue and get nominated for some 2008 awards ... I don't know if it is too late for the PS3 version though ... it did come out this month so maybe it missed the cutoff date for this year and will also at least get some nomination love next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        And how is this game not getting any consideration for PC FPS of the year or even PC MP GoTY
        lol UT3 is good but definitely not game of the year material.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          Well games like CoD4 and Crysis and Gears PC came out in the same month so yes I am in total agreement with you ... I just don't understand why UT3 is being snubbed so much. It is not even mentioned for best graphics in Gamespots awards ... how crazy is that ... what game looks better (not Crysis imo that is for certain)? And how is this game not getting any consideration for PC FPS of the year or even PC MP GoTY ... it is really a crock for UT3 to get completely overlooked.

Now hopefully the 360 version will address this issue and get nominated for some 2008 awards ... I don't know if it is too late for the PS3 version though ... it did come out this month so maybe it missed the cutoff date for this year and will also at least get some nomination love next year.
          I appreciate your optimism

Comment

It just don't seem to have a high profile. Lot's of people don't know about it.

Comment

true, but I've seen advertisements, and I think commercials

Comment

Unreal and Unreal Tournament games have allways been games much appreciated by real fans. I feel the same way about quake, only hardcore fans realy want it and keep playing it. Quake 4 is only 10 euros now and it still doesn't sell. I think most ppl don't like it because it's too fast and there are some realy sick players online.
                Maybe UT3 isn't popular enough is because most ppl can't run it.
                UT has allways been a little underground imo. There are like 10000 sites about Counter Strike , but UT ? :\ ...

On the other side, if it won an award like best game... maybe more ppl will start getting into it...

I suggest we start making lot's of cool movies about ut and get this awesome game in the spotlight. And yeah, maybe then it can win some awards.
                If there are game engine awards (i have no idea if there are such awards) then it would make a realy good chanse.

Comment

Originally posted by fif View Post
                  lol UT3 is good but definitely not game of the year material.
                  I didn't say it was GOTY material ... I am hardly that noobish of a gamer ... I said PC multiplayer GoTY ... the same award UT2k4 won back in 2004 when it came out. I definitely don't see a better PC online gaming experience so this is a shock to me. And the graphics definitely deserved some notice ... the games they chose are not better than UT3 ... maybe Crysis if you like Photo/Superrealism (I prefer UT3 graphic style myself) ... but that is it.

Comment

its not pc multi goty either - cod4, tf2 eat ut3. id love this not to be the case but it is! both games are way more functional smoother, great scalable graphics - tf2 looks amazing even at loest detail somehow - they just feel more fun to play oh and massive user base, you can get a great game ant time of the night with a nice ping. oh and the both games forms have community liasons who actually comunicate with the guys on the foruns.

this game is reaping what they sowed when they made this, and rightly so , now go back and do it right and we will once have warm and fuzzy feelings towards you epic

Comment

Originally posted by T1tusCr0w View Post
                      its not pc multi goty either - cod4, tf2 eat ut3. id love this not to be the case but it is! both games are way more functional smoother, great scalable graphics - tf2 looks amazing even at loest detail somehow - they just feel more fun to play oh and massive user base, you can get a great game ant time of the night with a nice ping. oh and the both games forms have community liasons who actually comunicate with the guys on the foruns.

this game is reaping what they sowed when they made this, and rightly so , now go back and do it right and we will once have warm and fuzzy feelings towards you epic
                      Yea, COD4 and tf2 is way better and much more fun multiplayer games. It's really sad.

I for one think UT3 needs an award system or something. This works great in COD4 and gives you a reason to play and TF2 has Achievements which also is a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PacVeli View Post
                        Yea, COD4 and tf2 is way better and much more fun multiplayer games. It's really sad.
                        I was going to get the orange box until I realized the ps3 version has framerate problems. As for call of duty 4, that too, before I was utterly disappointed by call of duty 3. Apparently 3 and 4 had different developers, but I didn't know, since the third one was my first call of duty game; someone should have told me, because it was a waste of $60.

Comment

UT3 is my GoTy and my all time fav game, nuff said

Comment

UT3 is no where near game of the year, i am sorry. It's an unfinished game, should have taken their time with it and released it when it was complete.

Comment

Originally posted by [Da]Stoneco|d View Post
                              UT3 is no where near game of the year, i am sorry. It's an unfinished game, should have taken their time with it and released it when it was complete.
                              +1. 3 years to develop it, released a spotty beta demo that looked like it was done a year ago and released a "retail" version that mimics the beta's problems but with more maps. I haven't seen a single award this game has been nominated for. The hype isn't there anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X