Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual: Be nice to new players thread

Hello everyone,
    With Christmas upon us, we are very likely to see a noticeable spike in the number of total online players out there on the pubs over Holiday break… Some due to people getting UT3 as a gift, and some due to people having time off from school finals and work.
    Either way, it is likely that the skill level of these players will be considerably less than that of the people that are playing online now, and/or have been playing the UT series for years.

Being that the size of the community is well below what most of us had expected it to be at this point, it would not be in our best interest to drive off these newer players by demolishing them, or displaying a crappy attitude.

Where possible:
    -Try to offer basic tips on movement and weapon use, for people that have no clue on either one.
    -Instead of just head-shotting the poor sap that is trying to shoot you with his impact hammer from across the map, consider briefing him on the physics of the gun, etc…
    -Be polite and courteous… Taking a beating is much easier when people display sportsmanship.
    -You get the point…

I am hopeful that as Epic addresses the issues and oversights of UT3 since the original release, we will start to see a more healthy community develop… in the mean time, try to make sure that we do our part not to lessen it.

Merry Christchanukkwanzawhatever and happy fragging.

Happy Holidays to you Beer, great post!!!
    I'm not going anywhere this year so I hope to be fragging with a lot of you. Add me, but be gentle.

id-F1ak

Comment

Nice. I'm trying to obey this rules always.
      We all were noobs once.

Comment

I hate naabs.

Comment

"You were a noob once, too." As the Loading-Screen says...
          Last time, on an neraly empthy Server, is was showing beginners some tricks in Warfare, Vehicle-specials and all that stuff.
          Then a Player showed up, and start "playing", even while red and Blue Players are standing around near a Node without shooting. Sometimes a little "Think about" would be useful...

Other Question: are the whole Epic-Staff only plays on PS3?
          Would be a Slap into Face of all PC-Players, the PC, Birthplace and uprising of Unreal Tournament!

Comment

i'm nice to all ppl and i defo want to help them - but if they don't want help and just keep annoying me, then feck em

merry x-mas to all

Comment

nin, in that case go hate urself

Comment

When I camp, I say sorry

Comment

I don't think anyone cares to be nice. I wish they would think about how it detracts from the game and turns new players (and old ones) off. Doesn't matter if your are new or a veteran. I've been playing since deathmatch was invented and its always the winner of the match who insults the players who he got all his points from! Today I'm having a bad day playing (not feeling good) and in several games just today I've been called anything from a noob to a ****** after I say "gg" to the winner. I think its that kind of "I'm too good for the rest of you" attitude that wins the ultimate spoiled sport award. It's really unbecoming and upsetting. The better player should be appreciative and instead of belittle others should be helping other players get their skills up, or just be nice AND a good sport, or shut up. Let them go to their own private L33t server for where all the "God" players play with themselves...

Comment

Hi new players welcome to UT3. If you get beat up in servers don't let it discourage you. Just go on and do what you do, eventually you'll get good. and remember it's all for fun.

Oh yeah and just ignore trash talkers, simply don't read the text lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNut View Post
                      -Instead of just head-shotting the poor sap that is trying to shoot you with his impact hammer from across the map..
                      Heh that made me laugh ^^. I like your attitude BeerNut, we need to nurture the new players and make the community grow, you have a good point about it coming as an xmas present etc so player numbers online will rise.

Its an hour till Christmas so id better get wrapping, have a great day tomorrow everyone, i hope you all have a happy, stress free day despite the amount of cooking that will be going on.

Love to all UT fans

Comment

Maybe a list for 'haters'

I dont want to blackball any of the players but what does everyone think abt list of 'hater' players as a sticky so noobs can beware of them?
                        i think like the xbox 360 has a player rating system... players notoriety can be rated as well!
                        just a random thought

Comment

Yeah, be nice to new people. This game must be quite confusing when you play it for the first time... don't stress them even more. Personally I never called someone a noob so far (I still hate the word tbh) and I can't recall a single moment where I got personal. Usually I'm only ****** off by myself and the way I play, no need to blame others. :P

Sparing their lifes isn't my favourite tactic though... instead teach them the weapons and vehicles by killing them with it.

Comment

i will try to kill as many pros as i can and upset there chrimbo, so come on noobs, kill all the sado's

Comment

i gotta admit i'm guilty of being a jerk on the servers, but oh well years of playing has earned me the justification. i'll try only if they do. that's all i gotta say.

Comment

Working...
                              X