ForceWare 169.28 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Chief-Justice: the files are identical, they are the "official" ones.
    I know but thats not the point I was talking about.

Comment

So whats best here:

Keep the official 169.25 or go with these betas?

I get the hitching problem, but infrequently.

Comment

they r the newest so i keep them.

Comment

As long as you don't mind not having AA and some bizarre SLI bug (though it appears it stil works) these drivers are okay for a lot of people.

Comment

Thanks for the UT3 specific beta drivers. Just installed them and gonna play and see how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
              Thanks for the UT3 specific beta drivers. Just installed them and gonna play and see how it goes!
              These drivers are not specific to UT3 ... they are just general beta drivers made to work better with a variety of games and better support various hardware. UT3 may or may not benefit from these drivers depending on your configuration and the state of your system. You'll have to see for yourself but remember what I said about AA not working.

Comment

^^ I know but they are newer version than the ones on their latest beta download page. Nvidia Nzone had it listed on their UT3 downloads page (http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ut3_downloads.html) described as:

"ForceWare Beta Release 169.28 is provided below for customers experiencing issues with the retail version of Unreal Tournament 3. This driver is only recommended as an update for these customers. All other customers are recommended to use the latest WHQL or Beta drivers offered on NVIDIA.com."

So maybe the next official release beyond this beta driver will mention "fixes" for UT3. I just played a crapload of maps online since updating to these beta drivers and no lockups so far

Not sure about AA. I thought AA didn't work for anyone with UT3 without forcing it in Vista? UT3 sure looks sweet on my system regardless. If it isn't on not sure if I need it because things look sharp at my rez.

Comment

Working...
                X