X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeah the character al look buffed and enormous
    kinda juggernaut a-like
    but hopefully the'll add some skinny guys like those nightmare dudes from ut2004
    or barkthooth who would look amazing with al that shiny metal on him

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hoverboard animations for example are fine, dodging on the other hand looks simply retarded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like they way they run with both hand on the enforcers. Those guns must really kick because they look like they have a death grip on them. Both arms extended out in front with very stiff animation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the animations and character model designs are excellent, esp on the hoverboard, very naturalistic looking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyGaR View Post
    and why did games like Unreal Championship 2, which was built on an aging console, get such elaborate animations and UT3's look so plain and generic by comparison?
    UC2 is just one helluva amazing game ... man there is so much that Epic should have taken from UC2 and just improved upon ... animations is just one example ... the DM and CTF levels, colors and models from UC2 are also top notch. At least they did take the weapons and go a step further in almost every case but yeah I really dig UC2. I'm hoping for a next gen UC3 but if UT3 is successful on consoles I tend to doubt we'll ever see that Unreal Universe again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CODYO View Post
    For me, the biggest disappointment is the character models and animations. Why are they so bloated. Models are bloated and they move like disney land characters. Why are they made so big??? UT99 animations had athletic feel. UT3 has goofy feel. I'm surprised that there's not much complaint about this.
    I agree with you. UT99 wont be beet unless eipic does the right thing. The game is good, but its doing horrible right now. Frigin UT99 is doing beter and thats an old game. The pc version is a god **** ps3 version, that the problem.

"sweet only a few options for the graphical settings. Oh wait... this must be a p3 joke?"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think its hilarious when i see someone shaking their hips and floating by me with their hands in the air...
    they need to add a butt slap, middle finger, or cut throat animation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the jumping animation looks way more realistic ... maybe that is the issue for some people though ... this is unreal tournament and stuff like flips and somesaults were much more spectacular in UT2k3. I don't know though I like the new style a lot ... but then again I like Gears of War a lot and they share a great deal of similarities for obvious reasons.

That reminds me ... think I'll go play some over the top super acrobatic UT2K3, kinda in the mood for that version of Unreal atm. Ahhh it's great having so much Unreal too choose from.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
    Don't they "skate" when they taunt and move at the same time?
    Only on some taunts. The "gun to head" taunt only animates the upper body so your character retains running mode while moving instead of skating, however taunts that animate the lower body will cause the character to skate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DS3 View Post
    Dunno that you're complaining about. I think UT3 animations looks pretty good. Maybe jumps looking bad but movement itself is very nice.
    In previous UTs character could run FORWARD, BACKWARD, LEFT and RIGHT. Now its has more advanced system. Animation layers are blended so if you're running at full speed and trying to turn around, character will bend a little to the side to compensate momentum and so on. Looks very realistically.
    Oh. I'll give you a video soon
    Don't they "skate" when they taunt and move at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dunno that you're complaining about. I think UT3 animations looks pretty good. Maybe jumps looking bad but movement itself is very nice.
    In previous UTs character could run FORWARD, BACKWARD, LEFT and RIGHT. Now its has more advanced system. Animation layers are blended so if you're running at full speed and trying to turn around, character will bend a little to the side to compensate momentum and so on. Looks very realistically.
    Oh. I'll give you a video soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Matfei View Post
    It's called artistic style, and it makes the characters look powerful. As for the animations, they're good.

If you want to play as a realistically proportioned character, go play COD, ETQW, or Battlefield.

There's not much complaint since theres nothing to complain about. Move along.
    No way, I agree with him, the character design sucks. It doesn't make them look "powerful," it makes them look like funny stumpy munchkins wearing chunks of metal of questionable usefulness that weigh more than they do. In UT99, they were proportioned like normal people. Did they have to make them into fat little dwarves so it would be easier for the console kids to aim at them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just wish character models didn't get down-sampled so much, would be awesome to retain their awesome texture resolution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with the animations being too simplistic. Epic should have brought back the front flip from UT99. Im sure that would be more then welcomed by virtually everyone.

and why did games like Unreal Championship 2, which was built on an aging console, get such elaborate animations and UT3's look so plain and generic by comparison?

I mean, UT3 is all about pushing next gen technology, higher poly's, higher resolution textures, more advanced shaders, you name it. Plus iv read about all the animation licensing agreements epic has with companies to include in Unreal engine 3 .

http://unrealtechnology.com/features.php?ref=physics
    ^^^^^^^^
    perfect example

I can't help but wonder why animations seem to have been the one area epic may have overlooked? or it could have been a design decision i suppose.

We may never know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CODYO View Post
    I want to move along. But can't get over it. It's just too goofy. Ever see models double jump? it's the silliest thing.
    Ever see them double jump in 2k4? They look even goofier there.

You're taking nitpicking to the extreme, and failing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X