Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused about customized characters in servers (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh, so it wouldnt be changable in the PS3 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's part of the command line stuff you setup when you make a dedicated server, dunno if it's in an INI somewhere though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Only a limited amount of custom characters are allowed on each server, if it's set to 12 and you enter after said 12 spots are filled you're "demo guy", the PC version work(s/ed) like that anyway.
    Oh oops, missed that. So is the custom character max always set to 12, because i dont see a way to change it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    xFirexIcex: If you read my post you'd know it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was playing in a midway dedicated server, and the first round i was the demo guy. After the voting was done for the next map, game started and I was my custom character.

I think it's a bug.......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Only a limited amount of custom characters are allowed on each server, if it's set to 12 and you enter after said 12 spots are filled you're "demo guy", the PC version work(s/ed) like that anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh wow that makes sense. I kept wondering why sometimes I'd join a server and I wouldn't be my customized character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This may be a hangover to a minor bug in the PC version that was fixed in the first patch. If so, you might have to wait for the first patch release for PS3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea it's weird. Some games I get to use my custom character... and random games I don't. This is on the same dedicated server.

On a side note, a server might not allow the use of customized characters in order to gain peak performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skill View Post
    or they mite just hav not created a custom character. but ya custom characters are only allowed in some servers
    Nah s/he means his/her own character is not customized in some servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or they mite just hav not created a custom character. but ya custom characters are only allowed in some servers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In personal settings you can disallow users to use their custom characters. I really don't know why anyone would disable that, but you can.

Leave a comment:

• I'm confused about customized characters in servers (PS3)

In some servers you're using the guy that you customized, but then in others everyone has that guy that you have to use in the PC demo. I've checked the hosting options, but I can't find anything that toggles this. What's going on?
Working...
X