This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

serial number fix?

where the hell is it. im sick of putting serial number in every time i choose this UT3 game. EPIC lazzy gits.

I sure as hell don't have that problem.

Do you have a problem with/did you mod -your INI's?

Comment

Put -nohomedir in the shortcut of UT3.

Comment

**** you, you stole my avatar!

Comment

Oooh, twins. Anyone Single of you?

Ok, this Problem is weird, i have this too.
          But not always, from time to Time, UT3 decides to check my CD-Key, and i have no Clue whats the Reason.
          And yes, i have -nohomedir in my command line.

Comment

This will happen if something in your system has changed that UT3 uses to encrypt the CD key INI entry. It seems to use the MAC address of one or more network adapters, or other values that are not guaranteed to be constant.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
              This will happen if something in your system has changed that UT3 uses to encrypt the CD key INI entry. It seems to use the MAC address of one or more network adapters, or other values that are not guaranteed to be constant.
              Arh so thats why it`s happing.
              Wormbo on the case

Comment

Ok, i tried this out, The MAC-Adresses that i get with "getmac" in my DOS-Windows (Windows XP) will stay the same, and UT3 is keeping asking.

Comment

For me, it asks me every time my internet connection changes - ie;

If I'm connected and I join, it'll ask me for my CD-key.
                  I can then exit the game & open it as much as I want, & it'll not ask me any more.
                  However, as soon as I disconnect, the next time I run the game it'll ask for my CD-key again.

Same goes the other way round, if I stay disconnected to the internet I can run it as many times as i want, but as soon as I re-connect to the internet, then it'll ask for my CD-key.

This is really, really, really annoying, since I have a usb modem & I don't keep it connected 24/7.
                  Infact unless I'm specifically choosing to play a netgame I will always keep disconnected from the internet (why anyone would maintain a net connection that they aren't actively using is beyond me), which means I'm having to re-enter my sodding CD-key about 4 times a day, my tin box is chipped from constantly putting it away & taking it out again, & my manual is already getting tatty & dog-eared & I've only had it a couple of days.. :/

Comment

A friend just had this problem and we have just managed to fix it...

Could be a problem caused by your "My Documents" folder having been changed or moved e.g. located at the top level of a separate drive (this doesn’t seem to affect other games though to my knowledge).

For example, my "My Documents" folder is in its default Windows location, and UT3 creates its own folder within it:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Nickster\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\"

On my friend's computer this folder didn’t exist - he had moved his "My Documents" folder to a separate drive, i.e. the contents were at the top level so the "My Documents" folder didn’t exist, e.g. his “G:\” drive contained everything. It appears this was the cause of his problems today - each time he started the game it asked for the CD Key, it did not save any of his settings or campaign data etc.

If you don’t have this folder described above then the game is unable to write any data or store your profile settings, so have a look.

Make sure you have a “My Documents” folder (if you need to create the folder, do so) and then check that it’s recognised in Windows i.e. right click “My Documents” on the desktop and select properties - check the target folder location and move if necessary.

I really hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

there is nothing wrong with how the game handles serials, it works perfectly for many many people.

Comment

I wish Epic would ship the Game with the Serial written on a Post-it...
                        Sometimes i think the Game is analysing my Mouse-movement and calculates the possible whorst moment to ask for the Key, but only a Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_Spawn View Post
                          there is nothing wrong with how the game handles serials, it works perfectly for many many people.
                          Very nice Einstein, what about the other people it dosen't work for?

Do you have a solution?

I came here looking to find out why I keep getting asked for my serial as did others and you're not helping.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587940

Comment

Working...
                            X