Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)

You know I just got to thinking....why doesn't this game have a vehicle deathmatch mode? Originally when I was watching trailers and PC gameplay, I thought it would have this. But I must have been watching VCTF matches instead.

But I think it would be pretty sick. What do you think? Large maps with interiors(no vehicles) and huge sprawling outside areas with the vehicles.

Maybe a possible mod add-on?

imbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
      imbalanced.
      Is warfare unbalanced?

Also I edited in the ability for interior places as well, without vehicles. It would be a matter of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by leukoplast View Post
        You know I just got to thinking....why doesn't this game have a vehicle deathmatch mode? Originally when I was watching trailers and PC gameplay, I thought it would have this. But I must have been watching VCTF matches instead.

But I think it would be pretty sick. What do you think? Large maps with interiors(no vehicles) and huge sprawling outside areas with the vehicles.

Maybe a possible mod add-on?
        Hey, I was wondering, are you leukoism from PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by eth-meth View Post
          Hey, I was wondering, are you leukoism from PSU?
          Yeah, thats me. And leukoplast on PS3forums.

Comment

Originally posted by leukoplast View Post
            Is warfare unbalanced?

Also I edited in the ability for interior places as well, without vehicles. It would be a matter of choice.
            That's the whole point!
            In warfare it's about objectives, killing/rebuilding nodes and killing the enemy core. The vehicles are created revolving around that objective, they aren't created for death match purposes.

For example imagine a nightshade dropping two spidermines at central places/spawnspots.. And then wonder who is going to win with a huge frag difference.

Or the random guy with the blonde hair in his manta, running over people.

Comment

That's the whole point!
              In warfare it's about objectives, killing/rebuilding nodes and killing the enemy core. The vehicles are created revolving around that objective, they aren't created for death match purposes.

For example imagine a nightshade dropping two spidermines at central places/spawnspots.. And then wonder who is going to win with a huge frag difference.

That's why there should be spawn-choosing. Chose where you want to go. inside, or outside with a large assortment of vehicles. (in varying spots of course)

I dunno, maybe I am just used to Warhawk where they were able to successfully incorporate vehicles in deathmatches with perfectly balanced gameplay. And maybe thats why I was so disappointed with this game, cause I thought the vehicles were going to play a bigger part.

Comment

I'm Shadowmeld from PSU. But, to stay ontopic, I'm not sure how VDM would work, I think it would be interesting. I could imagine a huge killfest too, but yeah, i'm not sure how it would work.

Comment

Isn't that what VCTF is already?

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                    Isn't that what VCTF is already?
                    Different objectives.

Flag captures vs Frag limit.

^

See the difference?

Comment

See the difference?
                      See the sarcasm (i.e. smiley)? :P

Comment

LOL!

10 chars.

Comment

Great, Darkwalkers all over the Place.
                          Ok, it`s a bit more complicadet, if everyone can choose the Vehicle he wants, he will choose the best for the Job. On Food, it`s a Fair trade, the skilled Player wins. If you want an Advantage, pick up Powerups or Health, Armor or a better Weapon.
                          With Vehicles, this wont work that easy. If everyone uses a Manta, i would choose a Scorpion, cause thats the Vehicle for Manta-***-kicking. the first ones will see that i kill the Mantas like Flies and will come with a Hellbender, good for Mantas and useful against Scorpions. Now that more and more uses Hellbenders i would choose a Goliath for my next Respawn, the others will follow with some other like a Manta, good Vehicle for Goliath-Killing, but vulnerable by Scorpions, and now a new Circle will start again.
                          Not the best Player win, the Player with the best Vehicle gets the Frag.
                          Maybe it would be useful if there is only one Vehicle per Round aviable.
                          In that Case, Darkwalkers would be useless, the first who strikes a Hit against an Enemy will win.

Short Version: Best Vehicle or first Strike will win, not much Skin necessary.

Comment

imbalanced or not, I would like to try it. With the right maps of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
                              Great, Darkwalkers all over the Place.
                              Ok, it`s a bit more complicadet, if everyone can choose the Vehicle he wants, he will choose the best for the Job. On Food, it`s a Fair trade, the skilled Player wins. If you want an Advantage, pick up Powerups or Health, Armor or a better Weapon.
                              With Vehicles, this wont work that easy. If everyone uses a Manta, i would choose a Scorpion, cause thats the Vehicle for Manta-***-kicking. the first ones will see that i kill the Mantas like Flies and will come with a Hellbender, good for Mantas and useful against Scorpions. Now that more and more uses Hellbenders i would choose a Goliath for my next Respawn, the others will follow with some other like a Manta, good Vehicle for Goliath-Killing, but vulnerable by Scorpions, and now a new Circle will start again.
                              Not the best Player win, the Player with the best Vehicle gets the Frag.
                              Maybe it would be useful if there is only one Vehicle per Round aviable.
                              In that Case, Darkwalkers would be useless, the first who strikes a Hit against an Enemy will win.

Short Version: Best Vehicle or first Strike will win, not much Skin necessary.
                              You might be surprised at how it would turn out. After all, playing against humans is incredibly unpredictable for the most part. I think it might be a pretty fun play, at least to try it. And if it was done right it could be perfectly balanced.

And yes, the right maps would have to be used, right spawn points, and distances etc, etc. This isn't just a throw all vehicles in a existing map and see what happens ordeal. its a whole new mode with specifics to itself, and only itself.

I mean just like warfare, if done a certain way could be hugely imbalanced. But they seemed to have gotten it right IMO. And I don't see why they couldn't have done it for a VDM kinda mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X