X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Questions- please help

Hi,

I have UT3 for PS3. It's awesome! I just have a few questions about it:

1. Is there any way to be able to make it so that it's open mic and I don't need to hold down a button every time I want to talk? When I play with my friends, we talk a lot and it's hard to hold a button down all the time. So, am I missing something, or is this something that Epic needs to patch?

2. Where is the clan support? I thought you could at least put a clan tag in front of your name? If so, then where can I find it?

3. Is there any ways to turn off the swearing/vulgar language? I like hearing the taunts and commands, but every once and I while I hear "Son of a B****" or "F that". Can I disable that somehow?

4. How do I make the volume of my friend's mic louder?

5. Any chance that Epic might patch in a "party system" like COD4 and Resistance?

6. In the video settings, there's an option called Post Processing and there's choices like Default, Vivid, Intense, and Muted. What are these, and what do you recommend?

Thanks!!!!

anyone?

please and thx

Comment

Also, what makes a server pure or not?

Comment

1. Not sure about the mic thing on PS3. On the PC, it's usually configured outside of the game via VOIP software such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak.

2. There should be an option for your clan tag right in the menus.

3. There should be an option to disable vulgar language right in the menus.

4. Turn up voice volume (?)

5. Only Epic knows.

6. Post processing is a personal choice - it affects things like color correction, bloom, etc. I prefer vivid, but it's really up to you.

Comment

Can someone explain this further for me? Cause I don't see either.
          I have the PS3 version
          2. There should be an option for your clan tag right in the menus.

3. There should be an option to disable vulgar language right in the menus.

Comment

Anyone???

Also, I hosted a game. In it, there was me, my 2 friends, and like 8 bots. Everything else was standard. Do these stats count toward Pure Servers stats or the custom ones?

Comment

check through some of your advanced menus, im sure there are more options in there

Comment

No clan tag support in the PS3 version, but I think you can disable Mature taunts (not sure).

Comment

Ok, so:
                  1. Is there any way to be able to make it so that it's open mic and I don't need to hold down a button every time I want to talk? When I play with my friends, we talk a lot and it's hard to hold a button down all the time. So, am I missing something, or is this something that Epic needs to patch?
                  Am I correct in saying that, as of now, we must hold down the "Speaking button" when we want to talk? - Hopefully they patch this to make it open-mic.

2. Where is the clan support? I thought you could at least put a clan tag in front of your name? If so, then where can I find it?
                  So, there's no clan support for the PS3 version??!! Well, this better be patched.

3. Is there any ways to turn off the swearing/vulgar language? I like hearing the taunts and commands, but every once and I while I hear "Son of a B****" or "F that". Can I disable that somehow?
                  I still don't know how to fix this one. Some of you say there's an option in the settings, but I can't find it. Can one of you direct me to it? (I have the PS3 version)

4. How do I make the volume of my friend's mic louder?
                  Anyone?

Also, what makes a server pure or not?

For example, I hosted a game. In it, there was me, my 2 friends, and like 8 bots. Everything else was standard. Do these stats count toward Pure Servers stats or the custom ones?
                  Anyone care to explain this?

Thanks!

BTW -I think instead of the part of the forum just being "General Chat", UT3 should be split up into a PC section and a PS3 section.

Comment

vulgar language because it's rated M (not that that's stopped me from playing since i was....5.....)

Comment

yes I know - but I was wondering if it can be disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by jpzsports View Post
                        yes I know - but I was wondering if it can be disabled.
                        To be honest, why would you want it disabled? I think it's great.

The only thing I can think of is if you have young family members or parents around. But if that's the case...just wear headphones.

Comment

family members....

Comment

Working...
                          X