Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have UT 2004 Installed?

Hi Guys
    you may have noticed in another thread i am designing a UT3 Tweaker.

im coding a tool in to it which will allow you to set the speed of your mouse

i need to collect the speed what various people have set for UT2004

would you mind:
    Opening user.ini in your ut2004/system folder and search for "MouseSensitivity"

what number do you have there associated with it?

Brad

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
    Hi Guys
    you may have noticed in another thread i am designing a UT3 Tweaker.

im coding a tool in to it which will allow you to set the speed of your mouse

i need to collect the speed what various people have set for UT2004

would you mind:
    Opening user.ini in your ut2004/system folder and search for "MouseSensitivity"

what number do you have there associated with it?

Brad
    i had mine at 1.25 in the menu.

Comment

3.00 here and wtf my message is too short! lawl

Comment

4.5 my friend ...

[Engine.PlayerInput]
        bInvertMouse=False
        MouseSmoothingMode=1
        MouseSmoothingStrength=0.300000
        MouseSensitivity=4.500000

Hope this helps. I have all versions but UT99 installed. Going to get that today.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa View Post
          i had mine at 1.25 in the menu.
          That is not the setting he was looking for. Take a look at my post.

Comment

i just did a complete search of my UT2004.ini and i see no setting for "MouseSensitivity"

i was using the default values......so i'm not sure what to tell ya.

the closest i could find to what you are describing were:
            MouseXMultiplier=1.000
            MouseYMultiplier=1.000

i'm not even showing a section called [Engine.PlayerInput] in my .ini

Comment

Not sure how this is gonna help you though? Speed of the mouse is affected by a lot of things like if they have acceleration turned on, sensitivity of the mouse, settings in windows, FOV etc.

Comment

-----------

Comment

Originally posted by sgtmay View Post
                  i just did a complete search of my UT2004.ini and i see no setting for "MouseSensitivity"

i was using the default values......so i'm not sure what to tell ya.

the closest i could find to what you are describing were:
                  MouseXMultiplier=1.000
                  MouseYMultiplier=1.000

i'm not even showing a section called [Engine.PlayerInput] in my .ini
                  That is because the info is in the file "User.ini" not UT2004.ini.

Comment

Originally posted by weebl View Post
                    Not sure how this is gonna help you though? Speed of the mouse is affected by a lot of things like if they have acceleration turned on, sensitivity of the mouse, settings in windows, FOV etc.
                    That is definitely not the correct value. Make sure you are looking at the "User.ini" file. See my post for the correct entry.

Comment

6.75 -7.25

Comment

Originally posted by weebl View Post

your right, theres alot of variables involved. and the code will detect other attributes and alter the mouse speed accordingly.

Comment

2.0 here.

bla

Comment

[Engine.PlayerInput]
                            bInvertMouse=False
                            MouseSmoothingMode=1
                            MouseSmoothingStrength=0.300000
                            MouseSensitivity=0.650000

Still trying to get the mouse setting right for UT3, hope this helps with the mod.

Comment

this is what im basing it on

10. How do I make my mouse sensitivity like it was in UT2004?

Lets dig the ut2004 settings to get some info first.

-Open user.ini in your ut2004/system folder and serch for "MouseSensitivity"
                              -Get the number associated with it.

-Run UT3 and set the mouse sensitivity to 1, then exit.
                              -open UTInput.ini in your C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config folder
                              -set bViewAccelerationEnabled=False
                              -set MouseSensitivity=5

And now to set the rotation to the same as your 2k4 rotation:

Take your UT2k4 sensitivity that we got in the first step and multiply it by 2.4

Here is an example::
                              UT2004 sens was .50, multiplied by 2.4 gives me 1.2.

This is the number that we will use to get UT3 to feel the same.

A few lines down in the same file as above (UTInput.ini) you will find:

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX")
                              Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY")

And we will add the new rotation speed into it like this:

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=1.2")
                              Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=1.2")

Save and close UTInput.ini

(credits to crotale's tweak list)

Comment

Working...
                              X