Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What external server browser do you use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What external server browser do you use ?

Do you use an external server browser ?

If yes, which one is it and does this browser allow you to join a server directly from windows by skipping the UT3 UI ?
    I haven't found one external server browser allowing to do it..

OK in fact this is a disguised question to my unsuccessful thread : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25186984
    No one seems concerned by the issue but that may simply mean that no external browser can join a server and that everyone will have to stick with UT3 ingame server browser

I think I'm still in shock that a UT game has such a crappy server browser... A game that is played online, primarily, and they can't even make a browser with the features of their past games?

Comment

xfire allows you to join ut3 servers directly. i have noticed however, that it doesnt list what players are connected, much the same as the inbuilt browser doesnt. im not sure if this is just xfire not fully supporting the game, or a limitation in the gamespy framework that ut3 uses for multiplayer options.

Comment

sigh "when it's done". sigh . not really is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChookWoods View Post
          xfire allows you to join ut3 servers directly. i have noticed however, that it doesnt list what players are connected, much the same as the inbuilt browser doesnt. im not sure if this is just xfire not fully supporting the game, or a limitation in the gamespy framework that ut3 uses for multiplayer options.
          The query protocol doesn't include players list so you won't have that information on any server browsers unless there is (in the future) a patch or a query extension (which I hope for)

About XFire joining UT3 servers directly, could you tell me in details how UT3 is launched ? (I mean, do you have access to "push start" page then logging page, then "connecting to server" page... ?)
          If UT3 is already launched (and Alt-Tabbed), does XFire launch another UT3 replica or successfully connect you on the first one ?
          Could you look if there is a batch file created by XFire ? (it should be in the same dir as UT3.exe) ?
          All details are welcome... I am curious on how an external app success to join a server in UT3

Comment

Working...
          X