Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding more then 1 mod to the memory stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding more then 1 mod to the memory stick?

Hello. How do you add more then 1 mod to your memory stick without it getting overwriten and it will work on the ps3? I've tried adding more then 1 but it says that the file already exists and will overright it. I guess cause it's the same file structure and file name. so does anyone know how? Thank you and I am enjoying this game very much.

I'm running vista.

you can't, unless if you rename them but if your ename them it won't be recognized on ps3

Comment

Yea, it's a pain... I had to go back and forth 4 times (once for each file). There's got to be an easier way to move mod content on to the PS3.

D-Money71

Comment

Originally posted by djricekcn View Post
        you can't, unless if you rename them but if your ename them it won't be recognized on ps3
        yeah I tried renaming it and it didn't recognize it. I hope epic fixes this problem somehow. I hate going back and forth to add mods. I wanted to add all the mods out now to the memory stick that's why I got a 2gb thumbdrive. Oh well. Maybe a patch will fix this.

Comment

I wonder why folks call maps mods...?

Alot of folks havent seen a mod yet, mutators are not quite mods either, but oh wellt he world continues to spin.

Um the reason is the cooker outputs the name to be the exact same file, for that reason is your problem.

The soultions lead to more problems, seeing as they have it search for that very specific file name, further evalutes this problem.

Solutions require either Epic or Sony to do something , either patch UT to allow the file name that is cooked to be the name of the map or mod, and allowing UT to still read the uniquely named Jam file, or

through firmware the PS3 change how it treats Jam files by either allowing it to be installed from the OS, using a method of downloading it from the browser.

Maybe a better solution would be to allow jam files to not only have a unique file name but to have the ps3 browser download them to the game folder allowing UT to grab the file straight from the game folder.

JUst my 2 cents.. anyone else?

Comment

This shouldn't be a issue. The fact it is means that they were too lazy to make a simple search function that looks for cooked files.

Comment

I am sure they will fix it soon. You guys should just calm down. In this day and age to have any free DLC is awesome, and a few trips back and forth from the PC to PS3 was well worth it for the gorgeous maps !

Comment

They're already mentioned that they're working on coming up with a system for getting the MODs to the user in an easier fashion. Hopefully this will equate to the server sending the map if you don't have it, or an in game way of doing this.

Read the sticky plz.

/thread over

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                  This shouldn't be a issue. The fact it is means that they were too lazy to make a simple search function that looks for cooked files.
                  In the Age of Fear im shocked to seeing a game being able to even access a predesignated folder.

Do you remeber for how many years the AOEII engine would pull music files from the D drive regardless if the AOE wasnt even in there. You could put a star wars cd in there and it would play the star wars music as your japanese soldgiers attacked the enemy castle.

Course if you dint have a disc in the D drive it just wouldnt play music at all.

Or how many other games could never run unless they ran off of drive D heaven forbid to those who didnt have a drive d, or how about the games that needed to install to the C drive and in the case of no c drive it couldnt install.

for those who dedicated c to the os this was devastating.

Those were consider Triple A games, yet that was okay right?

Comment

Working...
                  X