This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bonus Disc / History Of Unreal

So I just fully checked out the bonus disc for the CE edition of UT3 and it is really impressive (specially the ued videos,) but I found it really funny that on "The History Of Unreal" video they did not mention UT2003 at all and kept pimping out the fact that they will only release a product when it is fully completed. wtf haha

even though ut2003 seemed unfinished I still think it should have been mentioned

UT2003 never happened. It was a simulation inside of a Liandri mainframe, and when they saw what a monstrosity it was, they shut down the simulation, deleted the files and nuked the mainframe from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.

Comment

Wow, UT2003 is part of Unreal history. If it never happened I want my $40 back Epic... LOL

Comment

I know another game that "didn't happen"

Comment

Ha. That's actually pretty funny.

Comment

Awesome. Don't forget the other game!

Comment

Be nice...

UT2k3 wasnt that bad... or at least my faint memories didnt make me believe it was that bad.

Or maybe ive been strangled to many times in the Godfather Don Edition and no longer capable of recalling such events.

My head hurts..goes back to watching old episodes of Gundam Zeta.

Comment

Originally posted by yourmom View Post
                ...I found it really funny that on "The History Of Unreal" video they did not mention UT2003 at all and kept pimping out the fact that they will only release a product when it is fully completed.
                I, too, found it telling that it made no mention of UT 2003. However, if you'd paid attention to how Epic treats UT 2003 in general, you wouldn't be at all surprised. I get the distinct impression that Epic would like to dissociate itself from UT 2003.

I also found the part where they talked about not releasing a game until it's done to be rather ironic, especially since that very same DVD came bundled with an unfinished beta of UT3 passed off as a retail copy. Let's just hope that the poor release doesn't kill the game and its online player counts.

Comment

That movie is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by dk3dknight View Post
                    Be nice...

UT2k3 wasnt that bad...
                    ...it only angered the bulk of the then very strong UT99 community and did permanent damage to the franchise. The damage was evident in UT 2004 player counts and also in UT3 sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                      UT2003 never happened. It was a simulation inside of a Liandri mainframe, and when they saw what a monstrosity it was, they shut down the simulation, deleted the files and nuked the mainframe from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.
                      Lmao!! nice 420th post....time to celebrate?

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                      Wow, UT2003 is part of Unreal history. If it never happened I want my $40 back Epic... LOL
                      Ditto haha

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
                      Awesome. Don't forget the other game!
                      What other game?

Originally posted by dk3dknight View Post
                      Be nice...

UT2k3 wasnt that bad... or at least my faint memories didnt make me believe it was that bad.
                      I played UT2003 from the time it came out, all the way up until UT2k4 came out. I love all the unreal games (including UT3) and have bought and played every version since the first one came out. Im not trying to bash epic, I think they are the best game developers on the planet. Its just funny how they didnt mention UT2003

Comment

Originally posted by yourmom View Post
                        What other game?
                        You know.. the other game... *jerks his head towards the very top of the forums/screen* o.o

Comment

Originally posted by yourmom

hahahaha
                          ouch!!

Comment

The other video "Behind The Scenes" of UT3 has some nasty quotes as well

Here's a few from our beloved Steve Polge:

"We complain a lot more about our games than people complain about them once they get on the outside."

"We do playtest every day"

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                              ...it only angered the bulk of the then very strong UT99 community and did permanent damage to the franchise. The damage was evident in UT 2004 player counts and also in UT3 sales.
                              Ghehe, so that's why I like UT so much, I just skipped UT2003 :P I went from start UT2004 to UT99 to UT3 :P

And the "other" game lacks indeed alot, so lets hope another "UT2004" comes saves the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X