Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Should I just buy the PC version or wait for 360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I just buy the PC version or wait for 360?

    My biggest issue is my rig, a 6600GT, 1 Gig of Ram, AMD 64 3000+

    I play the demo at decent performance at 1024-768 90% ,Screen Usage, 4 Texture, 2 World Detail, Default post processing.

    I might tune the settings a bit more if I get the game to make the balance of Graphics - Performance my optimal. Or should I just wait for the 360 version?

  • #2
    PS3 version will be superior to the 360 version no doubt. Buy a PS3.

    And me thinks that that the 360 might not get custom modding due to the strict XBL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sadly, your comp will struggle quite badly with the full version when approaching high settings. If you are definitely not upgrading, I would highly suggest waiting for the 360 ver.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you dont ahve a PS3, get the 360 version.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leukoplast View Post
          PS3 version will be superior to the 360 version no doubt. Buy a PS3.
          Did he ask for the PS3 version? No... Its hard to judge a game thats not even out yet for the Xbox.

          Unless you upgrade your PC the Xbox version will be better for you IMO. I'm sure the custom content issues will be fixed by the time it comes out also.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, no PS3... Grr. I don't plan on updating my comp for a while.

            I guess I will wait for 360.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would say 1 gig more ram and he can run it at low to med with not to bad fps.
              Yep a nice graphics card would be better though.

              Then there`s all the mods/maps as well as the editor to make his own.
              Also the keyboard and mouse.

              But if your happy the the xbox360 joypad then get what you think is better.

              Comment


              • #8
                Is your motherboard a Socket 754 or a Socket 939? If it's a Socket 939, consider upgrading to a dual core Athlon. Then look for a halfway decent video card, maybe a 7900 GS, x1950 Pro, or ATI 3850 (or 3870 or 8800 GT if you want to spend more). If you're on a Socket 754, it might be time to consider an entire CPU-mobo-RAM-graphics card upgrade, perhaps find an inexpensive Core 2 Duo processor and mobo combo. The DDR2 RAM is dirt cheap right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                  Is your motherboard a Socket 754 or a Socket 939? If it's a Socket 939, consider upgrading to a dual core Athlon. Then look for a halfway decent video card, maybe a 7900 GS, x1950 Pro, or ATI 3850 (or 3870 or 8800 GT if you want to spend more). If you're on a Socket 754, it might be time to consider an entire CPU-mobo-RAM-graphics card upgrade, perhaps find an inexpensive Core 2 Duo processor and mobo combo. The DDR2 RAM is dirt cheap right now.

                  What they said!

                  Well, if you like playing ut3 with a controller then perhaps you could wait for xbox 360 but if you like your mouse then I would suggest upgrading your computer. Then again if you have the demo running good right now the full version performs similar to it so you might not even really have to upgrade.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think upgrading my computer is out of the question for the moment...

                    I just recently put in my 2 weeks at my job, and I think I'll be buying a car with what I have left soon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      360 wont support anymods, anyone got a release date for UT3 on the PS3 in the UK?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FZ NEMESIS View Post
                        360 wont support anymods, anyone got a release date for UT3 on the PS3 in the UK?
                        That is not yet set in stone .... Epic is still in talks with MS to work this out and now that MS has seen or will shortly see how the PS3 users are responding to the Mod availability they will find some way to do it. MS is not a stupid company when it comes to making money. Also imo it is going to be the most stable of all three versions out the gate ... as it will benefit from all the mistakes that the PC and PS3 had/have and they will make sure those same issues don't exist with the 360 version. I know I am going to buy it for my 360 even though I have it for my PC. I know it will be cool sometimes to plop down on my couch and play this game at 720p on a 52" HDTV.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks for that, i used to own a 360 but its too damn unreliable and im happy with my ps3 now anyways, im really looking forward to getting my hands on UT3 for it when its released over here i was a keen Gears of War player and i hear of a Third Person Mod maybe coming to PS3 and PC?? sounds sweet. may sound a bit harsh but i hope MS dont allow the mod support as PS3 needs a leg to stand on for the begging of 08 as far as getting the best games on the market.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FZ NEMESIS View Post
                            thanks for that, i used to own a 360 but its too damn unreliable and im happy with my ps3 now anyways, im really looking forward to getting my hands on UT3 for it when its released over here i was a keen Gears of War player and i hear of a Third Person Mod maybe coming to PS3 and PC?? sounds sweet. may sound a bit harsh but i hope MS dont allow the mod support as PS3 needs a leg to stand on for the begging of 08 as far as getting the best games on the market.
                            You're already getting a year Head Start with UT3...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think you should just wait for the 360 version. I have the PS3 version, but I would really prefer playing it on the 360(IF it had mods), only because I have many more friends on XBL, and the 360 controller feels so natural when playing FPS games.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X