No announcement yet.

UT3 Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are running a monitor with over 1600x width resolution, you can save even more money with the 8800GT 256MB. Hardware tests with Unreal Engine games indicate that the 512MB offers no advantages unless you have a very large, high resolution monitor (see my previous post on this). Newegg has them in the $210-$220 range.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
      Depends on a lot of things.

I have an 8800GT and a core2duo 2.66ghz cpu. 2GB ddr2 ram in duel channel and if I turn up the settings to 5 the game will usually not reach 85 fps which is my refresh rate. If I had smooth framerates at 62 fps then I think it would probably keep up.
      Yeah I have basicly the same as you, but a little worse. I have a core2duo 2.13ghz cpu so I run it in 4/4. I get extra fps in DM but when it comes to warfare I just have enough.

Comment

Check out this chart before making any purchase:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...1057&chart=277

To the person who recommended the 8500, the nvidia 7600 GT outperforms the 8500 by about twice the fps according to this chart. You can pick one up for about $90.

Hello everyone! UT3 doesn't utilize any DX10 features. If you're buying your card just for this game, there's no reason not to consider a 7 series.

Comment

+1 on justice

i have the evga ssc
          it owns.. even i know amd x2 kinda choking in this game..
          but 8800gt ftw.
          around 300$.. that card rock....

Comment

i have HD3870. it's acording to my own sources (prices from tweakers.net and reviews/benches from Tomshardware, andandtech and tweakers) the 3870 offers 0.3% more bang for the buck at lowest prices. you can get one for 180 euros's here in holland. and the 3850 seems to be even more bang for the buck.
            that overheated story is because 3870 fan's run low clocks. they are much better as 8800's because they bring the hot air OUT off the case, instead of blowing it in. at 100% the stock cooler almost beats a DuOrb. (don't know where i read this) just follow a guide on the interenet to reclock fan speeds. btw, if u are going to OC, get the 3850. 8800GT and 3870 already run at kinda max speeds. 3850 can outperform 3870(non OC) when OC'd. and it's much cheaper. in general i'd say buy to your budget.
            150 euro - HD3850
            180 euro - HD3870
            220 euro - 8800GT
            above - get crossfire and better psu
            500> - 8800GT sli

Comment

My bro has twin 8800gtx's on a e6600 and I have twin 3870's on a 6400+. He's ahead of me in fps's by 10-15.(because of the processor)We took my 3870's and dropped them in to his com and he scored about 1000 points higher in 3dmark. Not to mention that crysis definitly ran better with the 3870's. In ut3 the fps's were about the same. I'll admit that when AA and AF are at 4x or higher the 8800gtx's get better performance, but without it the 3870's crossfired seemed to be slightly better. My two 3870's ran me 520$ and his 2 gtx's ran him over 1000$. Can anybody say bang for the buck. Also check out the benchmark scores that I originaly posted. These benchmarks are using the newer 7.11 driver. The original reviews were done on the 7.10 driver which was known to have problems with crossfire. I don't know about you guys but when I can get within 7% performance of the gtx sli setup for half the price, I know where I'll invest my money. P.S. I cant wait to see what quad 3870's can do compared to 2 ultras for about the same price.(actually cheaper)

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Check out this chart before making any purchase:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...1057&chart=277

To the person who recommended the 8500, the nvidia 7600 GT outperforms the 8500 by about twice the fps according to this chart. You can pick one up for about $90.

Hello everyone! UT3 doesn't utilize any DX10 features. If you're buying your card just for this game, there's no reason not to consider a 7 series.
                Hey you should of found a fair chart. In the link you provided you should of had the overall score on the screen first off. Not a game that is known to perform bad on the ati cards. Also the 8800gt that is being shown is the OC edition, not the normal. 3870=250$ and the 8800gt OC=340$. Also what drivers were being used in these tests?

Comment

You dont need to buy high end card to play UT3 smoothly. I got one core pc and geforce 7600GS and i run very smoothly with 1024x768 reso and settings are Post proc 100% , texture is 3 and world deatail is 2. And game looks good.

Comment

sincreator, im just going to assume you are an ATI fan, because your post made absolutely no sense. an sli motherboard would perform like absolute **** with a crossfire setup in it. equally a crossfire motherboard wont even allow sli to turn on without hacks.

so you switching gfx cards and getting a higher score was complete bull****. the 3870 can barely keep up with the 8800GT with equal drivers and resolutions of UNDER 1600x1200 / 1680x1050, after hitting this mark the 8800GT pulls away victoriously, not to mention ANY hint of quality control added (FSAA as you yourself said, turn it on 1 notch and the ATI falls apart)

ATI cards always have had higher 3dmark scores, but those are 3dmark and nothing more. i dont build my rig for benchmarks i build it to play games, and in gaming 3dmark is garbage.

ps: the tomshardware link you can select the game, but from the lack of selection he picked the one with the latest graphics, none of the others use sm3 at all, except 3dmark which the 3870 still fails.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                      Hey you should of found a fair chart. In the link you provided you should of had the overall score on the screen first off. Not a game that is known to perform bad on the ati cards. Also the 8800gt that is being shown is the OC edition, not the normal. 3870=250$ and the 8800gt OC=340$. Also what drivers were being used in these tests?
                      The purpose of my post was not to compare ATI to NVIDIA. It was to compare the 7 series to the 8 series. Not only that, it was only meant to be a general reference. If someone really cares about the nitty-gritty details then they can look it up themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X