Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Graphics

Hey everyone,
    I own a Xbox 360 and intend on getting this game for that console.
    But I also intend on getting it for PC as well because it won't come out on Xbox 360 until May.
    I have gotten the demo from File Front and when I installed it, its graphics looked like early Doom graphics.
    I went and changed the Screen Rendering % and the Texture and World detail to max, and the graphics looked amazing, but my game was laggy and terribly slow.
    I own Windows Vista, because it came with my new PC. I do have the specs for my PC if you click the link below
    My PC Specs/Hardware
    If anyone can help me out it would be terrific.

Thanks,

Boo

Your video card is utterly rubbish, and that's me sugar coating it, it's a laptop right?

Comment

No sir its a Desktop.
      But yes any suggestion on a new Video Card?
      and maybe a new price on it?
      here is my email
      iievanii@yahoo.com
      just incase you want to send numerous links and what not
      Thanks Krill

Comment

A 8800 GT is prolly the best bang for the buck imho.

Comment

what giggity, 8800 gt and u will run this smooth

Comment

Buy one of the following, these cards have the best price/performance ratio ATM :

ATI Radeon 3850 (cheapest of the three)
            ATI Radeon 3870 (mid)
            GeForce 8800GT (the most expensive of the three)

Buy the best one you can afford from those. All of them run UT3 well on good graphics settings, but the most expensive is the best. Your current display card is helplessly outdated and doesn't even meet the absolute minimum requirements for UT3.

Comment

You have a 6150SE with 128 vram and 825 shared ram, that's an old budget card, and yes 8800gt would be your best choice currently, but I'm not sure if you got a pci-e port or not, your current card seems onboard and most motherboard with onboard doesn't have a video card slot.

It's a Dell or similar I'm guessing?

Comment

The 8800 GT is $250, and, unless you're running at extremely high resolutions or plan on overclocking, runs nearly as well as the 8800 GTX and sometimes better than the new 8800 GTS. It's a completely astounding card. Only buy the Radeon cards if you're realllllllly strapped for money, as the performance difference between them and the GT is worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                  Buy one of the following, these cards have the best price/performance ratio ATM :

ATI Radeon 3850 (cheapest of the three)
                  ATI Radeon 3870 (mid)
                  GeForce 8800GT (the most expensive of the three)

Buy the best one you can afford from those. All of them run UT3 well on good graphics settings, but the most expensive is the best. Your current display card is helplessly outdated and doesn't even meet the absolute minimum requirements for UT3.
                  Maybe i'm biased but I'd say go for the 8800GT. I got mine, (evga supercloked edition) and It can run ANYTHING, yes ANYTHING (even Crysis, only at 2x AA thought) on max settings at 1440x900. You will NOT regret it, trust me.

Comment

The AMD ones don't stack up well to the 8800gt.

Comment

Is UT3 still arriving on the 360? Anyway ya 8800GT ftw :P

Comment

That HP m8000n PC has a PCI-Express 16x slot so you can put any modern video card in there. I recommend a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT (midrange) or 8800GT (high-end) for you. If you order online you can generally the 8600GT 256MB versions for about $120 and the 8800GT 512MB versions for about $260.

Comment

he may need a new psu.. to

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
                            A 8800 GT is prolly the best bang for the buck imho.
                            i have the 8800gt and it runs 100+ fps smoothly with everything at full details, never dips below 60or80 in full action. just do a search and youll find them on sale for $220-275 online...

Comment

I'm suggesting a 8800GT as well, if he can afford it, but in case he can't, 3850/3870 are a good alternative. They are cheaper, easy to get and still relatively fast. They'll run UT3 1280x1024 full detail just fine, and come at ~180$ at cheapest.

Comment

Working...
                              X