Colored Messages

How use colored messages?
    UT2004 works: ^1Hi! ^3LOL... etc
    UT3 don't work

up! (((

please answer

Comment

Why would you want colored messages?
      Why would you want to have chats in-game anyway?
      Why is it that I find your signature highly annoying?
      Also, I can't seem to pronounce your nickname properly.
      Last but not least, stop the breezerness, stick to regular colors.

Comment

Because they sux and become very annoying.
        Tbh i`m happy ppl cannot do it.

Comment

UT had never colored messages. Thats one of the many many reasons why noone is playing it. UTcomp mutator added those, and it is flamed here by a low-to-none skilled crowd. (they usually get owned then they they join a good server with good players, hence they dislike it).

UT3 has CustomUT, probably has colored messages too. Search for it.

Comment

who the f... will need colored messages?
            In Team-based Gamemodes it`s useful when messages appear in the Teamcolor, thats useful. Red for Red Teamplayers, Blue for Blue ones, and Green for Teamchat.

But sparkling random messages like "rofl" or "lol" or "w00t" or whatelse arent useful, and adding one of 16 mio. colors to them would not make it more useful.

But by Topic, i miss an ingame-Chat-Feature, ones who not writing the Text to the HUD of the Players.
            And maybe a Chat-symbol appearing over the Head of the Player who have written the Message.

Comment

Originally posted by Ertr View Post
              UT had never colored messages. Thats one of the many many reasons why noone is playing it.
              LOL.

FYI, UTcomp did suck. I don't need hitsounds, monochormatic fluorescent skins, retarded colored names with all the "1337" characters from character map, and ugly new menus to be able to kill people. Sure, this stuff can be disabled, but then you are at a disadvantage compared to everyone else.

And no, you do not need those retarded skins to see people, even matrix, and yes even when you are moving fast. I can see them all just fine, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                LOL.

FYI, UTcomp did suck.
                No further questions needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                  Why would you want colored messages?
                  Why would you want to have chats in-game anyway?
                  Why is it that I find your signature highly annoying?
                  Also, I can't seem to pronounce your nickname properly.
                  Last but not least, stop the breezerness, stick to regular colors.
                  LMao
                  --------
                  Head Officially bitten off.

Comment

Remind me again, how the hell does a cute gimmick like multi-coloured fun text determine a player's skill in any way, shape or form? Last time I checked, that was what twiddling the mouse/analog stick so your crosshair focused on the person you wanted to blow up was for, not rainbow names or magic honking hit sounds.

Ah well. Still, 'twas a smart move on Epic's part to make the skins plenty bright, thus completely ditching the "need" for those moronic "pro" brightskins which do little more than scar your retinas.

Comment

can anybody tell me how to talk on UT3 on ps3 I have a blue tooth?

Comment

You may be experiencing some echo effects though as you're in a basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleary View Post
                          LMao
                          --------
                          Head Officially bitten off.
                          Yes, that thing is called flaming and is usually cleaned and punished pretty fast on any regular forum. Here mods are full-time busy deleting opinions from non-content customers Epic doesnt want to face or hear. ( im not a banned account)

Comment

Originally posted by Ertr View Post
                            UT had never colored messages. Thats one of the many many reasons why noone is playing it. UTcomp mutator added those, and it is flamed here by a low-to-none skilled crowd. (they usually get owned then they they join a good server with good players, hence they dislike it).

UT3 has CustomUT, probably has colored messages too. Search for it.
                            Wtf,thats the most stupidest reply yet.
                            omg i have red,blue,pink in my name i must be i337 :P

Also i had no trouble spotting them without using utcomp,infact i hated utcomp.
                            Them bright colours killed the look of the skins imo.

Comment

Yes, noobs are pretty aggressive in defending their point of view, as ignorance is bliss.. They are also first to cry cheater at good players, or camper at hiding players in their beloved noUTcomp servers.

T@F
                              Them bright colours killed the look of the skins imo.
                              This sounds true. The solution herefore is to make better sports skins, like every sport in the world has. Since Epic failed in that, the solution is to make brightskins. And not whining. Blame Epic, not UTcomp.

Comment

Working...
                              X