No announcement yet.

Can UT 3 mods make it 3rd Person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I registered just to cast my vote, I'd love to see 3rd person UT3 come to PS3. Please make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by traumatism View Post
      i have to agree here. if the server permits 3rd person then thats fine, but to use it on a server where every one else is using 1st person is just plain annoying. the person with 3rd person view will have a higher advantage over the people who play first person. im nopt against the idea aslong as there was a way to allow it or not in the games
      I don't think it would be too much trouble to have a room show whether or not 3rd person is enabled, it's similar to people who do/don't want to play with PS3 players using a kb & mouse while they're on a sixaxis, just a simple matter of adding a filter. I agree, 3rd person support, but with filters for people who don't want to mingle.

Comment

My vote for the "cooking" process is in.

Comment

I not a good player in UT..cause is the first time I play it..but I think it's a suicide play UT in third person..

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            I don't see why people would want it to be third person, your character is in the way of your vision and that's the only thing it really adds, a rear view of your bum, I can understand why Tomb Raider is third person, but UT3? No thanks.
            Not in UT3. I did a Behindview offline and the crosshair was located not only above my head, but weaponfire went where it was, not straight ahead like 2k4

Comment

I used to play Competitive CTF on UT days:P

I used to bind 3rd person View to my mouse 3rd button to trans locate/Run/Dodge much more efficiently.

Would help more on UT3 to avoid static mech & its more fun to watch the character especially now they have a much better run animation/gfx than Crappy UT2kx :P

Any one tried this already on PC?
              http://files.filefront.com/MK3rdPers.../fileinfo.html

The author claims its GEOW style With Sniper Zoom done write!

Hope they cook this one for PS3, unless there is another one better than this which I'm not aware of!

Comment

well, it could be because some of us get motion sick when the camera is in the first person.

i don't get motion-sick, but i have gotten headaches while playing in first person view.

when i play third person view games, however, like Uncharted, or Ratchet and Clank, i don't get those headaches.

it's an option for us, that's all, instead of a rigid structure.

if you like the FPS view, that's great, i do too, but why should some people not be able to play the game because of something as silly as first person view only? options are nice, that's all.

Comment

duh

Some people are scratching their heads saying why do you want to play UT3 in 3rd person view, thats a stupid question. I want to play it in 3rd pov because of the freaking motion sickness after playing for an hour. Having a center object to look at actually helps get rid of motion sickness.

Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 3RD PERSON UT3!! That would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Kram4130 View Post
                      I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 3RD PERSON UT3!! That would be awesome
                      Go to the Mod sharing section there you can request it and its even got a screen shot of it!

Comment

I'm with Buddyluve I play a lot better in 3rd view. I'd love to see UT3 in over the shoulder or 3rd person alla GoW

Comment

mutator mod support for ps3

Dear Epic,
                          Please let us have the mutator mod! I would love to see UT3 in 3rd person view. It would be a good comparison b/w this game and that *other* game (gears of war). And would be fun for single player mode with the bots (as your character models are just stupendous)!
                          Also, when is the final tool set going to be released for the PS3! I think it's great that -- even though it is not yet finished -- you all are still releasing some select mods on the PS3, but I can hardly wait to start making my own (I haven't done this since back in the days of Quake2!) And I'd even shell out another $50 for it since I only got the PS3 version (doh!).
                          And thank you for this wonderful game. I was once a hardcore gamer and spent my days and nights and meals always with headphones on, sitting on a computer, dueling it out on Q2DM1. Striving to be the best ever. Well, I calmed down a bit. And became a casual gamer again recently (didn't really play videogames for a while after quake2 but that's a whole 'nother story). And wow, Unreal III is practically sucking me back in. It's so much fun and so intense. It's a wonderful experience and as a PS3 owner I am so glad you guys worked hard on this game optimizing it for the "hard to program for" architecture. (and i know my old Quake buddies would rip on me for using a console but, whatever. gaming is about fun).
                          Anyway, Epic/Mark, can we please have the mutator mod as a late christmas gift????
                          Thanks again! and merrrrry christmas.

Adam

PSN: dansmeek (anyone with a ps3 feel free to add me, I need friends badly, especially ones that play unreal!)

Old-school q2 name: UV-ZincA (hehe)

Comment

i want the option to play 3rd person in multiplayer!

Comment

When I heard that this would be an option I went out and got a copy. Please give it to us.

Comment

imho, shooters shouldnt be third person unless they have a duck and cover mechanism (gears, uncharted, etc). It is possible in the pc version, and it could be done super easy when we have to tools to cook mods for ps3

Comment

Working...
                                X