To Mr.Rein(About the PS3 version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pionata View Post
    ? All the midway servers have a ping ranging from 50 to 200 for me (around 4-5 servers under 100). Pings vary depending on your distance to the server; a bad ping for you may be good for me. I wouldn't bother Mr.Rein about your ping problem, try another isp.
    My ISP is the best in the country where I live. 100 - 200 ain't good for hosting. and I can't find servers with pings under 100.

Comment

i live in Norway i have 4000/500kbps U/D... all the servers i have over 100ms ping, it may work with a slow game like CSS but UT3 is way too fast paced. its almost impossible to hit anyone in instaGib... btw, i got low pings as 30ms in CoD4,css, TF2 and lots of other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Batzi View Post
        Can't Epic do the same?? At least 2 servers with acceptable pings? Warhawk has its own Sony dedicated servers same goes with Resistance. I still can't see why Epic wouldn't do the same. What if I can't establish a dedicated on another machine...
        The reason Warhawk and Resistance got the dedicated servers is because they're first party games...The dev teams (Insomniac and Incognito) work under SONY thus they have access to special privileges like servers...

Epic is a third party thus they don't get the same support from SONY...

Your over here complaining about something that truthfully Epic can do nothing about...Its up to the people to buy the game and put up servers...Were stuck with very little options because the UT3 community on PS3 is very small right now (same for PC)...I just did a server refresh and only 5 Warfare servers came up...This is not Epic nor SONY's fault, Midway is responsible for the marketing campaign and they pretty much sent this game out to die...I still haven't seen one single commercial for UT3...That is quite pathetic...

That said if you're experiencing a lot of lag I advise you to take your frustrations to your ISP...I don't have a problem playing this game online...Most servers ping at around a playable 70-150 for me...

Comment

Originally posted by G3N0M3 View Post
          The reason Warhawk and Resistance got the dedicated servers is because they're first party games...The dev teams (Insomniac and Incognito) work under SONY thus they have access to special privileges like servers...

Epic is a third party thus they don't get the same support from SONY...

Your over here complaining about something that truthfully Epic can do nothing about...Its up to the people to buy the game and put up servers...Were stuck with very little options because the UT3 community on PS3 is very small right now (same for PC)...I just did a server refresh and only 5 Warfare servers came up...This is not Epic nor SONY's fault, Midway is responsible for the marketing campaign and they pretty much sent this game out to die...I still haven't seen one single commercial for UT3...That is quite pathetic...

That said if you're experiencing a lot of lag I advise you to take your frustrations to your ISP...I don't have a problem playing this game online...Most servers ping at around a playable 70-150 for me...
          COD4 is not a first party title and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Batzi View Post
            COD4 is not a first party title and works great.
            oh no it doesn't and i doubt Sony gave them any dedicated servers...

The only thing COD4 has over UT3 is a larger community and thats because unlike Midway, Activision actually ran a marketing campaign and supported IW...

IW's servers are seemingly down at least 3 times a day, it can take up to 15 minutes sometimes to find a game, some peoples stats keep getting reset (one of my friends had his stats reset 5 times) and i get tons of lag playing that game...I loved COD1 and 2 but this one had some really stupid additions (small maps with air strikes and some of the perks like juggernaut are just really stupid) and the countless server problems really turned me off...Thats why i ultimately traded it in for UT3 knowing fully well im probably trading in a complete game for a rushed RC beta...I have faith in Epic though, they never let me down before, thats why i made the move...

I'm going to buy COD4 again for PC in a few months when i get a new computer...I don't know how it plays on Live but its just not worth it on PS3 at all...

Comment

Originally posted by G3N0M3 View Post
              oh no it doesn't and i doubt Sony gave them any dedicated servers...

The only thing COD4 has over UT3 is a larger community and thats because unlike Midway, Activision actually ran a marketing campaign and supported IW...

IW's servers are seemingly down at least 3 times a day, it can take up to 15 minutes sometimes to find a game, some peoples stats keep getting reset (one of my friends had his stats reset 5 times) and i get tons of lag playing that game...I loved COD1 and 2 but this one had some really stupid additions (small maps with air strikes and some of the perks like juggernaut are just really stupid) and the countless server problems really turned me off...Thats why i ultimately traded it in for UT3 knowing fully well im probably trading in a complete game for a rushed RC beta...I have faith in Epic though, they never let me down before, thats why i made the move...

I'm going to buy COD4 again for PC in a few months when i get a new computer...I don't know how it plays on Live but its just not worth it on PS3 at all...
              COD4 got patched a week ago and works perfectly well!
              It needs less than 10 secs to join a game now. no lag for me.

I was hoping for UT3 to be as lags free as possible. I am going to wait until the community gets larger and when they release patch 1.1 maybe this will solve the laggy servers!

Comment

They have to fix the Voice Chat dunno!

Comment

Originally posted by Hossa View Post
                  They have to fix the Voice Chat dunno!
                  well the voice communication is in a mess but you can live with that. Are you having lags when firing weapons?? That is more frustrating than the lack of voice communications!

Comment

u said in ur first post that the bots were playing dead...what difficulty were they at...ive only got the demo so far and they have NEVER done that to me yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Winter 47th View Post
                      Appreciate the info about newnet.

But I've been an online gamer since 2k4, since then the online gaming in all of the games till GOW was great and flawless, worked really well, but now with bulletlag, it's unplayable and frustrating.

And i realize since the PS3 is different from PC, can't they implement newnet on the PS3 version? it worked perfectly and has proven its effectiveness with Resistance, COD4, Warhawk and all of the PS3 MPs and i never seen a complaint about it.
                      No no i said undoable.. It's not possible in a game with moving projectiles. Most weapons in UT3 can fire 1 shot each second that will kill you in 1 or 2 hits. It's a spammy game, so you have to be able to avoid all that spam. A rocket is flying toward you, if it hits you you will die, and the same thing will happen the next second and the next.. Except if it's newnet, you will see the rocket where it was 1 second ago on the opponents screen, so when you move out of the way of the rocket you see on your screen, you are probably moving right into the rocket as seen on the laggy ******** screen.

Online gaming is not perfect. You cannot get rid of lag, especially not in a game like UT3. So, you are left with a choice: You punish people with poor connections (even though some can't help it) OR you reward those same people, making it an advantage to have a cheap crappy internet connection, destroying all competitive fun of the game, hell even destroying the basic gameplay mechanics.

Look, I feel sorry for you but epic has nothing to do with your problem. If it is a real problem, if there are several people in your region that get ****ty ping, there is an obvious vacuum that needs to be filled - put up a server yourself! Just download the linux client for free and set it up on a PC with decent broadband and there you go. Otherwise just get used to the lag. Really 200 ping isn't that terrible for vehicle gametypes.

Comment

does unreal tournament for PS3 Support voice chat??? And yes its definitely your internet service provider I never have lag on unreal and finding a game on COD4 is no problem!!! Back to my question!! either its not supported or everyone is micless, which would be a shame!!

Comment

Originally posted by booshack View Post
                          No no i said undoable.. It's not possible in a game with moving projectiles. Most weapons in UT3 can fire 1 shot each second that will kill you in 1 or 2 hits. It's a spammy game, so you have to be able to avoid all that spam. A rocket is flying toward you, if it hits you you will die, and the same thing will happen the next second and the next.. Except if it's newnet, you will see the rocket where it was 1 second ago on the opponents screen, so when you move out of the way of the rocket you see on your screen, you are probably moving right into the rocket as seen on the laggy ******** screen.

Online gaming is not perfect. You cannot get rid of lag, especially not in a game like UT3. So, you are left with a choice: You punish people with poor connections (even though some can't help it) OR you reward those same people, making it an advantage to have a cheap crappy internet connection, destroying all competitive fun of the game, hell even destroying the basic gameplay mechanics.

Look, I feel sorry for you but epic has nothing to do with your problem. If it is a real problem, if there are several people in your region that get ****ty ping, there is an obvious vacuum that needs to be filled - put up a server yourself! Just download the linux client for free and set it up on a PC with decent broadband and there you go. Otherwise just get used to the lag. Really 200 ping isn't that terrible for vehicle gametypes.
                          Well put chief, it's undeniable that as online game mechanics become more sophisticated especially in terms of speed, so do the need for better connections, though i have 4096D/+500U speed line, lag is still something that i have to bear with, unwillingly, cause the highest connection available in my country is what i currently use.

Supposedly 8MB connections'll be up and ready by 2k8, but I'd rather doubt it, and my BS meter agrees.

Cheers m8.

--

Mar, yes, mic is supported in the PS3 version, though the game is so frantic that i don't think anybody's got the time to speak, so that's probably the reason why you don't hear much voice and interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                            u said in ur first post that the bots were playing dead...what difficulty were they at...ive only got the demo so far and they have NEVER done that to me yet...
                            maybe "skilled", I can't remember. I know I was playing VCTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter 47th View Post
                              Well put chief, it's undeniable that as online game mechanics become more sophisticated especially in terms of speed, so do the need for better connections, though i have 4096D/+500U speed line, lag is still something that i have to bear with, unwillingly, cause the highest connection available in my country is what i currently use.

Supposedly 8MB connections'll be up and ready by 2k8, but I'd rather doubt it, and my BS meter agrees.

Cheers m8.

--

Mar, yes, mic is supported in the PS3 version, though the game is so frantic that i don't think anybody's got the time to speak, so that's probably the reason why you don't hear much voice and interaction.
                              Thanks!!! sorry about that internet service provider problem!!! I know how you feel, I just swiched to comcast!! Its great!! I know I shouldn't be doing this probably but ever since the divx updated its been some websites u can download movies music videos and tv shows straight to your PS3!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X