X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SebastianO View Post
    A bullshots is a screenshot of the game that has better graphics than the final product, we can´t know that the screenshots are bullshots until the game is out, some pre-orders the game and therefore it can be used for marketing, not so nice to the gamers.
    Thanks for the explanation. I had not heard that term before but it's very appropriate given the way games are marketed these days.

I enoy UT3 immensely as it is but I do feel like it has things "missing". It got better with the first patch as far as the basics, but I really hope Epic does step up and release some rediculous mega-patch/ "bonus pack". They don't have to justify the business motives for doing what they have done up to this point as far as I'm concened.

I just really feel bad for the devs at this point. They really did work hard on there respective parts, textures, skins, level design, gameplay, marketing (yes you too Mark) etc. But I think in the end when it was all put together and the business end came into play there were too many features cut because of time and cross platform development. Maybe we were all just too vocal about releasing it before the beta demo and they just said. "Fine screw it, here it is. You wanted it, Midway wanted it, here you go."

Epic has a great game here. I just hope through post development by the devs and the community that it becomes... Epic, so to speak. With tons more maps, game elements, characters, fixes, menu changes and all of the little things we miss from older generations of Unreal this game could very well equal or surpass all of it's older brothers, imcluding UT and Unreal themselves.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy and play the hell out of UT3 as it is now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sure Epic was getting some stiff pressure from the publisher. If they were smart they would have skipped a publisher like Midway and gone digital using Steam. That way you don't have to worry about crappy front ends like Game Spy either for your copy protection.

UT3 the game itself is fantastic. I'm a big fan of it. However the thing that kills it are the 20 levels of menus to get to a game online, no web admin, no compression redirect, and poor custom map and modding support. They also got stomped by Team Fortress 2 and COD4 coming out at around the same time. Both have much better online support and much better single player experiences. The UT3 single player is obviously cobbled together to throw a bone at the console crowd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if sales are bad the question isn't "What is wrong with Epic?" The question is "What is wrong with PC gamers?" All they care about now are those stupid mmorpg's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
    I know, but mentioning "sales" in your first sentence isn't exactly the best way to create a long-lasting thread.
    Uggh. He's right. Kids.

I'm actually interested in the topic you raised about the textures, maybe if this fails you could try again with a slightly more focused question.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know, but mentioning "sales" in your first sentence isn't exactly the best way to create a long-lasting thread.

And btw: Lack of graphic modding possibilities isn't really a main issue that keeps players away from the game, imo. Personally I even don't give a **** about graphics as long as I get my solid 50 fps at least. Gameplay > Graphics.
    The lack of mod support for the mod community from Epic is very disapointing. IE MapMixer

Link:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593711

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im just suprized Epic has not closed this thread. I have seen them closed posts for less than this lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by masterp0 View Post
    i have seen so many games that have great graphics that are absolutely garbage and are almost unplayable. just about any old school gamer will tell you that graphics don't make a game great. UT3 still has a ways to go but the artwork is not the problem. if you want better graphics, then please go find some other game with better graphics. noone is forcing you to play this game, honestly.
    But why stay quiet when I have paid full prize for this game, when EPIC can fix this very easy just by leating us tweak and mod the graphics? I like the gameplay but that isn´t enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xtremexp View Post
    ............., but the thing to wonder is: do eveybody has a nvidia 8800Gt + in his computer,... don't think so... that's why UT3 doesn't need a high range PC and this is good!
    Yes, but that shouldn´t stop EPIC from caring about those with a 8800GT, they should have added better graphics for those with better computers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can´t agree.
    i have seen so many games that have great graphics that are absolutely garbage and are almost unplayable. just about any old school gamer will tell you that graphics don't make a game great. UT3 still has a ways to go but the artwork is not the problem. if you want better graphics, then please go find some other game with better graphics. noone is forcing you to play this game, honestly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think when the UT3 game was released it was like a beta game. Perhaps Epic was busy with gears of wars? I would have prefered to wait 1 month more and get a 99% free bug game. 1 month later, we had first patch, most of bugs are gone now but still there are remaining ones and missing features particularly as for gameserver administrators: no webadmin,file download not working properly (there is not point in fixing redirection of files if people always have to reconnect because of "URL" error, people are lazy they just want to join server, switch and if it's ok then they go on playing or else they don't try to see where the problem come fron ...).
    Globally the game is good, the only thing i will never understand is why they released UT3 with all these years of developments and with the bugs provided in it.Of course the bugs are not quite important since patch 1.1 but still when buying a new game i expect a finished product not a beta game... they should have released it 2 months after i think.
    And as concerning graphics, yes of course it is not as good as Crysis, but the thing to wonder is: do eveybody has a nvidia 8800Gt + in his computer,... don't think so... that's why UT3 doesn't need a high range PC and this is good!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This thread isn´t about the sales, it´s about the game.

And btw: Lack of graphic modding possibilities isn't really a main issue that keeps players away from the game, imo. Personally I even don't give a **** about graphics as long as I get my solid 50 fps at least. Gameplay > Graphics.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by masterp0 View Post
    disagree. infact i think the artwork of this game is one of the reasons this game is not completely dead and there is hope of it being patched and made more popular. some people need to just realize that maybe this game just isn't for them and move on.
    Can´t agree.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE= The graphics in UT3 rely much more on artwork than on technology, which is a shame for a PC-game.
    [/QUOTE]

disagree. infact i think the artwork of this game is one of the reasons this game is not completely dead and there is hope of it being patched and made more popular. some people need to just realize that maybe this game just isn't for them and move on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yay, we need more UT3 sales threads! o/\o
    Actually, it's about a technical issue, and it's a perfectly valid point to raise. I'd like to hear some more talk on it myself. Are these things true? If so what can be done about it? Is there something modders should know?

And so on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yay, we need more UT3 sales threads! o/\o
    This thread isn´t about the sales, it´s about the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X