This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell Epic?

So I finally bough UT3 after playing the demo for weeks....

First let me say, I love it that you an use your demo name in the final version.

now the bad news....
    For some unkown reason to me, the game looks WAAAY more crappier then the demo, and I play bought at default settings (except for resolution)
    And my game always freezes in the first cutscene..... The first time I got through the part where it froze, but there was no sound whatsoever.

So my question is, is it me or did Epic screw me over by releasing a demo that was better looking (also played better, since it used AA. SO aiming was easier)

I played the demo on this:
    AMD 3500+
    ATI X800 GTO 256 Mb (ordered a 8800 GT, but its been taking months now...)
    2 Gig RAM
    And the demo played fine, no hiccups or anything....

Nah the demo isn't better looking, check your Advance Video settings. Make sure that screen thing is not 50%, that's what confused me at first when I couldn't understand why the game looked so bad.

Comment

the demo looked better then what I now have...

and what does the screen percentage mean?

also I'm installing the first patch, will this somehow remove my "no-cutscene" problem?

Comment

screen percentage is a setting in the video options of the game... you've sure tried to turn your graphics up >.>

read ultron's tweak guide located in the technical//troubleshooting support forum for things to help with the cutscenes.

Comment

Make sure you updated your card's drivers too if you havn't already:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

And is your screen % now definately at 100%?

Comment

Play drunk... It all looks good, even your sister...

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodai View Post
              So I finally bough UT3 after playing the demo for weeks....

First let me say, I love it that you an use your demo name in the final version.

now the bad news....
              For some unkown reason to me, the game looks WAAAY more crappier then the demo, and I play bought at default settings (except for resolution)
              And my game always freezes in the first cutscene..... The first time I got through the part where it froze, but there was no sound whatsoever.

So my question is, is it me or did Epic screw me over by releasing a demo that was better looking (also played better, since it used AA. SO aiming was easier)

I played the demo on this:
              AMD 3500+
              ATI X800 GTO 256 Mb (ordered a 8800 GT, but its been taking months now...)
              2 Gig RAM
              And the demo played fine, no hiccups or anything....
              You may find some answers on freezing here. Seach is your friend use it.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585666

Comment

the demo is exact same as the full game graphic wise, chek all settings as stated above. the screen 100% is the same thing a hdtv does to un hdtv sources it upscales them by guessing what would be where , most of the time its done really well sometimes however it can look very rough.
                iv never seen it in a game before though for pc... make sure your screen percentige is 100% that will sort it out also AA can only be forced by nvidia cards at this moment i think as the game doesnt do it (grr"!)
                good luck and it should look the same as you have been playing.

Comment

downloading the latest driver atm....

And I didnt know we had a troubleshooting board... sorry, but more people visit this one anyway :P

Comment

Working...
                  X