Stinger Minigun - overpowered or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinger Minigun - overpowered or not?

IM0 it is a bit 2 powerful.. 12 damage per round with that ROF? ...any player with decent aim can gain loads of kills, especially with the damage amp..then its just plain ridiculous?! (lol, godlikd bots..um..) I understand that there is balance..it hasnt got great range and it takes a (very) short time 2 wind up..so then countering someone with it with a well placed shot from range is the key..but..miss? Then you're dead? (fast movement, small areas) In terms of just plain damage..i think its a bit 2 much. Maybe it should go down from 12, to like 8 or 9...

And on the second day, He implemented a search function into his forums.

Comment

And it was good. Or would have been if it was ever used...

Comment

Maybe we need a new thread... as the old ones usually ended up in whine, rant or flame wars and then suddenly disappeared. *poof*

Btw: No, it isn't overpowered.

Comment

How do Epic actually go about balancing the vehicles and weapons, I remember reading that Dice used a fairly sophisticated stat gathering and processing system when they were testing BF2, so if you had a big enough sample of players of varying skill levels playing a given map for long enough, then any vehicle/weapon balance problems would show up in the stats

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
            How do Epic actually go about balancing the vehicles and weapons, I remember reading that Dice used a fairly sophisticated stat gathering and processing system when they were testing BF2, so if you had a big enough sample of players of varying skill levels playing a given map for long enough, then any vehicle/weapon balance problems would show up in the stats
            Epic probably actually played their game with different values to see what worked best.

And IMO the Stinger is fine. Its incredible inaccuracy makes up for its higher damage.

Comment

Maybe not overpowered.. just abused. 6x stinger kill ftw.

Comment

I think it's fine the way it is.

Comment

Not overpowered, only overpowered when I use it

Comment

its only overpowered when someone kills me with it.

Comment

maybe it should temporarily overheat or something after 50 rounds like an MG?

Comment

Stinger Minigun - overpowered or not?: Not

Comment

nope...i think the minigun is fine the way it is...miniguns are like one of the most powerful weapons on earth anyway

Comment

Not!!!!!!!

Comment

afaik the ut2004 minigun was the same, if you're good at keeping your crosshair on the enemy you can usually mow them down, better to damage the enemy over time than have a chance at missing them with other weapons

Comment

Working...
                              X