Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ummm, I thought "unlockallchars" unlocked all characters? (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm, I thought "unlockallchars" unlocked all characters? (PC)

PC version.

Yeah, so I don't really want to play through the single player because it's awful, (Epic, go back to the tournament format with comedic elements please) yet, I want all the unlockable characters. I started out by putting the unlock codes "jihan" and "phader" into the character selection menu-- nothing. I also tried the "unlockallchars" in the console and only seemed to receive the steroid pumped Lauren.

Hmm, so what's the deal here? How many chars are there to unlock and how do I get them?

good question i have played and beaten the single player and all through the thing i kept seeing a new character is unlocked but who are they? what should i expect to find? how about someone who knows post here with a list of them all and how to get them.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seven_Force View Post
      PC version.

Yeah, so I don't really want to play through the single player because it's awful, yet, I want all the unlockable characters. I started out by putting the unlock codes "jihan" and "phader" into the character selection menu-- nothing. I also tried the "unlockallchars" in the console and only seemed to receive the steroid pumped Lauren.

Hmm, so what's the deal here? How many chars are there to unlock and how do I get them?
      There's at least 3 characters who don't seem to be unlockable via any means but ini editing -- The Iron Guard white guy with hair, Kensai, and the Aspect Liandri bot.

Comment

ok... I'm still not clear. It appears the only character I have unlocked with the aforementioned methods is Lauren. I thought there were more? Anyone like to chime in?

Comment

after entering unlockchars Kai (reapers team), some other woman (Akasha's team), lauren (Iron guard) [and may be more] are unlocked.
          as far as i can tell, these are the only ones that unlocks after finishing campaign.

team name -- total members after unlocking
          Iron guard = 6 members
          Ronin = 5
          Krall = 4
          Necris = 6
          Liandri = 4 members

Comment

Open this file with Notepad:

MyDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini

and use Edit|Replace to replace
            bLocked="True"
            with
            bLocked="False"

You'll get a ****load of new characters. All the ones that you get this way that were not added by the "unlockallchars" command are duplicates of ones you already have...faces and bodies...with new names and no in-game descriptions of who they are. Given this, I don't see a point in doing this.

Bottom Line: with everything unlocked by editing the .ini file, these are the characters that have unique faces and a biography:

Iron Guard
            Lauren
            Barktooth
            Harlin
            Slain
            Ariel
            Blackjack

Ronin
            Reaper
            Bishop
            Othello
            Jester
            Kai

Krall
            Scythe
            Cerberus
            Gnasher
            Scorn

Necris
            Akasha
            Loque
            Damian
            Kragoth
            Malakai
            Alanna

Liandri
            Matrix
            Aspect
            Cathode
            Enigma

[Not listed are the duplicates, who only have different names and no bio's.]

Comment

There is a blocked Liandri that requires INI editing called "New Corrupt."

It's essentially the head of the rightmost robot on the Liandri squad image.

Comment

Since I think I listed the team members from left to right, New Corrupt would be the Enigima avatar with a different name and no biography and thus, I did not list him...why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Templar View Post
                  There is a blocked Liandri that requires INI editing called "New Corrupt."

It's essentially the head of the rightmost robot on the Liandri squad image.
                  "New Corrupt" is called Aspect. He uses the hidden Liandri head #4.

Comment

Hey guys i had that problem, easy fix. Find my thread "unlockallchars doesnt unlockallchars". In there is a link from FalseEmperor to a UTCustomchar.ini file. Replace ur one with that one. Note it has config for XAN , get that skin to. Then you will have all the skins + tons of customization options

Comment

Originally posted by Archon3 View Post
                      Hey guys i had that problem, easy fix. Find my thread "unlockallchars doesnt unlockallchars". In there is a link from FalseEmperor to a UTCustomchar.ini file. Replace ur one with that one. Note it has config for XAN , get that skin to. Then you will have all the skins + tons of customization options
                      Whenever I try to select Xan in the custom character options UT3 crashes.

Comment

A much better thread can be found here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=589971

Comment

I can help there. When u unzip xan jz 2 utgame in my docs it wont work. U gota unzip the utgame, published, custom char, and the 3 files in there 2 the respectice place (custom char). 1st delete what u previously unzipped. Then unzip those 3 files and make the folder where it must go. If i remem properly, i think its my doc, my games, ut3, utgame, published, cooked pc, custom chars. Im not sure EXACTLY.but its something like that. Could b unpublished .. Trial and error will solve the prob

Comment

Archon3: you're not making much sense.

Comment

Sorry..typing in a hurry.. Ok. In the zip file, if you double click on the XAN BETA file, and keep digging you'll end up with 3 files.. Um.. Those 3 must be unzipped to the same folder it came out of.. **** i dunno how 2 explain..um um um..the file order in the zip file must correspond with the files in the UTGame dir. in my documents? *just make sure that the XAN folder isnt just simply unzipped..it doesnt install properly. You must extract and place them yourself? If i dont make sense i apologise.. I cant think straight i am VERY drunk atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X