Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Keys Keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had it for 2 years and it's magic. While it may not be terribly useful for games like UT3, creating macros for processing programs like word and photoshop is where the advantages shine off this keyboard.

Comment

I'm extremely happy with my G15 k/b.

Since we haven't switch our clan server from UT2004 to UT3, I haven't set up the G keys for UT3 yet. However, I use them partly for admin'ing our 2K4 server...add bots, kill bots, next map, restart map...and partly for "admin'ing" my 2K4 game...exit the game, netspeed 15000, netspeed 7500, stat fps, toggle behindview.

Comment

Logitech decided that rather than spend their profits on researching how to make their keyboards more durable and ergonomic, it was better to waste it on pointless gimmick features like an LCD screen, macro keys, LED's and pro-gaymer marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
          i really dont understand what macros are...are they just text in the form of a button push?
          so i could put "LOL" on a key?
          was wondering because the Logitech G9 can use macros too..but thats kinda a waste of a button on a mouse
          Their great... You can go to a friends house and put "Format C: /u" on one of his macro keys and he'll never know what hit him...

Comment

i never understood the g15. why the lcd? i have not once looked at my keyboard while playing a game of any sort, especially not unreal, thats why i bought a monitor...

the keyboard has the typical keyboard feeling to it, nothing spectacular.
            i prefer something with more pizazz and uniqueness to it (i use a thermaltake xaser keyboard for that reason)

ps: anyone can make macros with a macro tool (omg right?) and bind them to any of those function keys that you arent using.

Comment

I have the second revision G15, it's awesome. The macro keys, while not as handy for UT3 as other games, come in handy for other games and programs. The keyboard is really good to type with, the keyboard is comfortable, and the LCD screen is quite handy. I always leave it on RivaTuner to monitor my CPU and GPU temps/clock speeds and it works like a charm. Also, the Windows key lock is very much welcomed.

Comment

Ive had mine for about a year now. The keys have not faded one bit. I think that was only a problem with the first batches.

Comment

That's what I hated about my Saitek Eclipse... The S and D keys are so unbelievably worn out

Comment

anyone know if those front bay multimedia lcds are any good? i thought that would be more interesting than one on my keyboard :-D

Comment

What sort of things can you get the LCD to display? eg, will it do GPU/CPU temps?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
                        What sort of things can you get the LCD to display? eg, will it do GPU/CPU temps?
                        Yes. I know RivaTuner will display CPU and GPU temps on the LCD.

Some other nifty things:
                        CPU and RAM load
                        New e-mails
                        Date/time
                        Timer
                        Network traffic monitor
                        Now playing

And then there's a ton of custom stuff that people have made that have even more display options.

Comment

I don't see the point of the LCD, same as there is no real point in having an LCD on the m$ gaming mouse, you don't look down there while playing anyway.

Comment

I had a g15, ruined it by accident and got a tarantula. I actually prefer the tarantula as the keys seem to be a higher quality and the response time is quicker than the g15. but the g15 is still a sweet kb.

Comment

Working...
                            X