Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Warfare is Dying (or is dead already?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There's also elements of Double Domination in maps such as Sinkhole.
    I hated it at first, but now I think WF is far, far better than ONS. ONS was basic and not in a good way, it also had the feeling it was missing something.

Also there's no way you can evidently say "Warfare is dead", because just about every mode on UT3 is dead... WF being one of the most, if not the most popular.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
    Alright this is completely my own opinion but lets be honest, there is a small difference between Ons and Warfare. The difference between the two is that Warfare has orbs and environmental factors that effect the players (e.g. avalanche, flood gate etc). If anything it is a "next gen" ons.

Too many **** nay sayers on this forum saying both Gears of War and UT3 are going to perish. To all those people who post negativity on these forums on a daily basis, I have one question. I do not mean to sound offensive, I am just curious: why do you continue to stay on these forums if you think the game is prematurely doomed? If I am no longer interested in a game I just stop playing it altogether and toss it aside, simple as that.
    I agree, Warfare is great to say otherwise is STUPID. For those that don't remember ut2k4 team balancer SUCK too. We had to use a program called Uadmin or something like that I believe that finally gave it a good team balancer, Untill one of those mutators are out that do something similar, teams will remain unbalanced...

Also I agree anyone comparing this game to Cod4 is a complete idiot. Those type of games suck and don't even some close to the great gameplay available in ut3 so why even compare. Allot of people play cod4, well that just shows the world is full of a bunch of idiots who don't know what a real online game is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T1tusCr0w View Post
    cant the loosers just keep shouting "TEAMZ TEAMZ!!!!" untill they convice some mug to come of the winning team and get owned with the other chumps?

hehe / a slight joke but not much
    Yeah, that's how it works at the moment. :P They keep whining "teams teams teams!" but the only ones who are willing to switch are the top players and then the game often completely turns around... and they all whine again. >_<

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
    To all those people who post negativity on these forums on a daily basis, I have one question. I do not mean to sound offensive, I am just curious: why do you continue to stay on these forums if you think the game is prematurely doomed? If I am no longer interested in a game I just stop playing it altogether and toss it aside, simple as that.
    Because most of them live under bridges and eat billy-goats and ask three questions to people trying to cross. They want attention and they want someone to talk to or about them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cant the loosers just keep shouting "TEAMZ TEAMZ!!!!" untill they convice some mug to come of the winning team and get owned with the other chumps?

hehe / a slight joke but not much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some of us have been calling for team balancing since the first week of retail. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    This post is total B.S. welcome to the world of online gaming in UT we have read this NEVER had team randomazation, also if you are playing in a public server do NOT expect to get a great team orieneted game it ain't gonna happen and i have been playing online since Unreal co-op... if you want a great team game join a clan and practice with team mates get a team speak server and learn your positions and then play clan matches, also get your own server then you control what is on it ,by having your own server you also can have scrimmiages with other clans but do not expect this type of play on public servers,it is not up to Epic to make your gaming experience what you want it to be,that is up to you.

As far as a PC if you do not have enough pc power to run the game is that Epic's fault?I reinstalled the game with the new patch and i have not had one glitch hitch or otherwise any sort of problem ...i built this pc over a year ago it runs the game flawlessly at 55to 70 fps enough with the negative talk...
    I assume this is aimed at me so if not, disregard.

I am in a clan and I do play competitively, have done so for about 2 years now but that is of little consequence. I am aware of the vast differences between pub and clan play and yes we use Vent when we play. I don't believe that I worded my point to indicate my displeasure with the game but rather why its not doing so well in pub play. I pub for fun, not for competition and my expectation of pub play is realistic.

I am not sure if I misinterpreted or not but the concept of Team Randomization that I note deals with mixing up the players into different teams between maps which UT3 does not do and 2K4 most certainly does. The way it is now, once an imbalance is created, it does not go away until people leave the match.

I realize that randomly placing players on one of two teams a la 2K4 can and does create an imbalance just as often as not, however, it starts all over again on the next map with a possibility of creating better balance. In UT3, once the imbalance is created, the losing team bails very quickly not wanting to get raped for the rest of the evening.

As for game performance, don't think I mentioned it at all so I suspect that is aimed at somebody else. Regardless, I am quite happy with the UE3 performance. Played pretty good with Bioshock as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Churl Beck View Post
    By the same token, no one would call maps like "DM-Pressure" or "DM-Healpod" different gametypes just because they incorporate environmental effects. Conventional wisdom says that Warfare is a cross between Onslaught and Assault, but I think it's closer to a cross between Onslaught and Bombing Run.
    Agreed.

Also Magwa is right about team randomization. Unreal has never had that by default, and only after UT2k4 was out for awhile did ONSPlus come out, and that's the first mod I can think of that did any sort of team balancing.

UT has always had a feature to enable or disable team switching with the option of not allowing the switch to happen if it imbalances the team - that's as deep as it's gotten.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DemonOZ View Post
    Partially, Yes, its epic fault . But most of the blames goes to Midways (for releasing an unfinished game). You gotta realize that majority of the pc gamer are casual gamer that doesn't have a gaming PC, or very little knowledge of PC related stuff (and they don't download patch/driver or visit forum). And this is one of the reason why Console is beating PC, since console is cheaper, and can run the game "okei", and you won't need to worry about bugs or error that you may encounter during installation or gaming.
    Good point i did overlook the casual gamer good point indeed..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Churl Beck View Post
    By the same token, no one would call maps like "DM-Pressure" or "DM-Healpod" different gametypes just because they incorporate environmental effects. Conventional wisdom says that Warfare is a cross between Onslaught and Assault, but I think it's closer to a cross between Onslaught and Bombing Run.
    Touche sir....touche

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    As far as a PC if you do not have enough pc power to run the game is that Epic's fault?I reinstalled the game with the new patch and i have not had one glitch hitch or otherwise any sort of problem ...i built this pc over a year ago it runs the game flawlessly at 55to 70 fps enough with the negative talk...

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
    AMD 4400 Toledo 64x2
    2 gigs of CMS corsair DDR 400
    2 74 gig Western Digital Raptors sata 10,000 rpm striped raid array
    Asus 7800 GTX Vid card
    Turbo cooler 510 watt power suply
    Zalman 9500 CPU cooler ( this thing freekin rocks CPU stays around 31 C and 34 C under load)
    Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
    Partially, Yes, its epic fault . But most of the blames goes to Midways (for releasing an unfinished game). You gotta realize that majority of the pc gamer are casual gamer that doesn't have a gaming PC, or very little knowledge of PC related stuff (and they don't download patch/driver or visit forum). And this is one of the reason why Console is beating PC, since console is cheaper, and can run the game "okei", and you won't need to worry about bugs or error that you may encounter during installation or gaming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know what you're on, but I get onto Warfare servers jammed full every night. Do I care how many people are playing this or that other game? No way. Most online players are fair-weather fans, drifting from game to game, and giving each a boost in popularity by turns. UT3 has only been out a few weeks. Give it time; it'll continue an upwards trend in players. Every UT has had a popularity arc measured in years, as opposed to weeks like most games. A UT is a marathon, while most games are just sprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those who say don't post if you've nothing positive to say are missing the point ,these posters bought the game(I hope!) - they're investors, both of time and money. All the run up talk of just wanting a prettier,larger map UT2004 now looks like wishful thinking. Epic must be utterly depressed by the competitive/online community reaction thus far. Many here said all along dumbing down would never work, even games like TF2 take for granted / expect players to have a basic level of adult competence in reasoning .

Jeff Morris is obviously a good man ,who is passionate about gaming, but he and others were way overzealous in telling us what was wrong,too complicated learning curve wise, needed fixing, about UT2004 instead of polishing the diamond that it is and accepting that fundamentally they hit a home run with 2k4 ONS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like WAR better then ONS, but there is a big risk WAR will be a total failure online because of its "complexity". Not straight forward enough and unbalanced or newbie-confusing maps, 2k4 ONS was a bit too much too handle for some even..

Team randomization or not, I just remember the team balance mutators in 2k4. All they did was giving people one more thing to blame their bad performance on. As Magwa said; if you want team play, join a team. Some servers with active admins managed to keep the games fair and fun but they were rare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Asurastrike View Post
    I personally don't play Warfare because I don't really understand it. I skipped the SP and the manual really doesn't help. I stick to TDM and CTF.
    I'm in the same boat. And the SP campaign sucks so bad, you couldn't pay me to finish it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X