Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Warfare is Dying (or is dead already?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one thing that bothers me are just plain bad maps. Islander is a terriblely bad map when it comes to balance. Whoever controls the tank wins. Unless that team sucks...lol.

Lots of the maps that were released are pretty off balance. I think vCTF map Suspense would have been much better balanced if they had just put a jump pad in the building near the raptor/tank spawn that will lead you to the roof with one Avril spawn. That would change that map soooo drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by AFG34 View Post
      DEAD GAME

cod4 ftw.
      Idiot. COD4 is slow and ****, I hate it. You can't compare the two, unless you're an idiot.

Comment

The team balance can be a pain for me. I fought for about 4-5 maps in a team where only 2-3 players scored over 30 points in a 9v9. On the other side about 7 players scored over 30 points.

I had swapped from the winning team after I saw it was a bit easy. Its a pity that none of the others didn't.

The other reason I don't like it so much is because about 50% of kills at just 'hit and runs' or goliath kills. Really frustrating.

They should also change the rate of points too for capturing different nodes. Whilst I was eating I specced a game and watched the 3 top scorers. Every single one would run to the tank node, take it over (free points) and then get in the goliath and spam in the middle.

Once they died they ported to the main base, went to the tank node and spammed shots with the Goliath again. The only variance was when one of the others had the tank, so they took the manta to the enemies base (When it couldn't be attacked) and just ran over people coming out.

So, despite never attacking a node in the main battle, they still came out as top scorers. Really makes you think something is wrong there

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
          Idiot. COD4 is slow and ****, I hate it. You can't compare the two, unless you're an idiot.
          LOL! +1

eloquently put.

Comment

Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
            why do you continue to stay on these forums if you think the game is prematurely doomed? If I am no longer interested in a game I just stop playing it altogether and toss it aside, simple as that.
            I have followed Epic and Unreal since the very first Unreal. I am utterly disapointed in what they are comming up with, I cannot believe Epic fell in that hole, and as a ghost will haunt them to their death.

Actually, I don't complain much, but when the occasion shows I just spit out the things I want just for the sake of it. But its not just the disappointment of one game we have, its much, much more, for me and probably for some others.

Comment

onslaught was great due to its simplicity.

Warfare is slightly more complicated which seems to throw people off.
              I happen to really like warfare and think its a great addition.

People complain about everything. Reviewers are saying the game didnt change enough with the addition of warfare, and the fanbase is complaining because of warfare. EPic cant win.

Comment

Originally posted by phranctoast View Post
                People complain about everything. Reviewers are saying the game didnt change enough with the addition of warfare, and the fanbase is complaining because of warfare. EPic cant win.
                what u think is more important? what the reviews think... or what the peole think who decided to buy this game?

Comment

Originally posted by EffeKt View Post
                  why do you continue to stay on these forums if you think the game is prematurely doomed? If I am no longer interested in a game I just stop playing it altogether and toss it aside, simple as that.
                  I have one question for you:
                  Can you give discontented people their money back from buying the game?
                  I guess no
                  let the customer express him/her self

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
                    CoD4 is not slow and ****, both UT3 and CoD4 are great games. Fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinkledorf View Post
                      New poster here although I have been trolling the site for quite sometime, being a large fan and reasonably dedicated UT player. Played them all except 2K3.

I have a preference for ONS so War was what I had been anticipating with UT3. I realize that there are several issues with the game as it currently stands, but I feel the following are the main reasons why Warfare in particular is not doing so well.

1. Lack of team randomization between maps
                      2. Lack of team balancing
                      3. VOIP does not work

As mentioned, there are a number of other issues all of which have been numerously enumerated and debated to death on these forums since UT3 was released and they all need Epic's attention. However, Warfare will not survive unless the above mentioned 3 issues are resolved pronto.

The chances of two evenly matched teams generating out of the randomness that is the internets is extremely low. Secondly, the chances of the same number of people leaving both teams at the same time is even less. Lastly, without viable VOIP comms, Warfare is just chaos without any rhyme or reason. Sure at times a few players ending up on the same team can take queues off each other and play as a team but in general, it just doesn't happen.
                      Originally posted by Xvoid8f View Post
                      I think that the voice which commands the players to do things is a good idea. I think that voice saves Warfare such that expert and noob players alike may focus on common goals. There is no more excuses for being at a random part of the map.

SPEECH BINDER IS MIA

which also helps alot in all team gametypes - the existing voice menu is pretty useless in MP since if you stop moving to use it, youre fragged and casual players shouldnt have to INI edit to bind a few useful speech commands.

we really need a complete & easy to use speech binder ala 2k4 at the least... Please lets have a spiffy new Voice Binder soon!

Comment

I agree we need these:

1. Lack of team randomization between maps
                        2. Lack of team balancing
                        3. VOIP does not work

But now there is an additional strategy element with orbs, and it's more fun having hoverboards when you're without a vehicle. I couldn't be more pleased with the evolution of Onslaught into Warfare.

Comment

I am in agreement that War has great potential that can be realized if these elementary MP features are incorporated. Maps can and will be provided by the community if enough interest is achieved by the game itself. In its current state, I do not believe it has enough to keep players interested. Player balance alone kills matches faster than anything else I currently see, people get frustrated and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by phranctoast View Post
                            onslaught was great due to its simplicity.

Warfare is slightly more complicated which seems to throw people off.
                            I happen to really like warfare and think its a great addition.

well they can (and do most of the time) win, Epic unlike us has to sift through the tons of comments and throw out the whining and complaining and fanboism and find the actual bug reports and good suggestions that they can use... and hopefully thats exactly what they are doing to bring us patches, fixes, more content and 'cool stuff'!

sure they cant win by removing stuff like unplayed gametypes cause then the few ppl that played come out in force etc. but for the most part UT3 really succeeds at its core and is tons of fun! the problems this time are in the details...

ps. ppl thought ONS was too complex at first and played it just fine after awhile.

Comment

maybe i'll have to go through the "tutorial" to get a better idea of wth is going on in Warfare....

but even early on in the demo i specced a match, and there were so many people screaming at other people, calling everybody noobs who didn't know exactly what was going on, etc that i was put off by the negativity.

but i also remember having the same reaction when ONS showed in 2K4, yet eventually it became one of my favorite game modes.

i'll give War another shot in the next few days - maybe i'll use a pseudonym for a player name, or something... :-)

thanks,
                              CD

Comment

WAR is dying because they made DM too fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X