Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this game.

I've been waiting for this game since 2005 when i heard it was coming out and i must say i am very impressed with it and it is my favorite game as of now (before was tf2).

Anyway I think UT3 should be the game of the year.

It's better than Daikatana.

Comment

yea, there's a lot of haters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by rgitelman View Post
        I've been waiting for this game since 2005 when i heard it was coming out and i must say i am very impressed with it and it is my favorite game as of now (before was tf2).

Anyway I think UT3 should be the game of the year.
        I agree that it definitely deserves the PC Multiplayer GoTY ... nothing else is this exciting or visceral or looks nearly as good while running extremely smooth at max settings. Overall GoTY however belongs to Mass Effect, CoD4 or Bioshock imo.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

I love this game, it almost brings me back to the Quake days. Yes there are problems with it, but there are tons of next gen games that have problems as well. Its funny, I bought Cod4 today and it looked so bland: the typical square buildings, crates, and hedges. I am not saying the game is ugly, but UT3 has spoiled me with so much environmental and character detail. It clearly shows how much work they put into the game, sadly it doesn't get as much credit as it deserves since so much focus on the forums is based on comparing the game play to ut2k4.

Comment

It's hard to admit you like UT3 at the Epic forums, but I like it a lot too. Just get ready for the nerd herd to tell you why you aren't supposed to like it. They've created a whole list in their mind already.

Comment

i love the game, i dont care how the online community is as long as i have at least 1 good buddy to lan with its all good.
                one good player who knows what hes doing owns 23 noobs and yourself in a server.
                i dont have any problems with the game whatsoever! everyone is complaining about the UI, meh spoiled brats.
                then people are complaining it doesnt run well enough... well if you didnt buy a budget pc it would.
                95% of the unreal problems can be narrowed down to the user. the rest dont effect me so im happy LOL SCREW THE MASSES!

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  I agree that it definitely deserves the PC Multiplayer GoTY ... nothing else is this exciting or visceral or looks nearly as good while running extremely smooth at max settings. Overall GoTY however belongs to Mass Effect, CoD4 or Bioshock imo.

I agree UT3 should be multiplayer shooter GOTY. Although Mass Effect is thoroughly outclassed by The Witcher and CoD 4 by it's predecessors (CoD 1 and 2). Neither are real candidates imo. No, better look at Crysis, The Witcher, BioShock, World in Conflict, UT3, Supreme Commander, etc for GOTY. Although CoD4 will probably still win on hype alone (as that's all it has really).

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                    It's hard to admit you like UT3 at the Epic forums, but I like it a lot too. Just get ready for the nerd herd to tell you why you aren't supposed to like it. They've created a whole list in their mind already.

Its not hard at all, UT3's gameplay is very good, I love it. It's just that there are allot of issues that were not expected to be so poor like the UI, options, serveradministration and allot of other stuff. (see also my sig)

Comment

glad to see another person to like this game lota UT3 haters out there and im not planning on joining that group

Comment

ooo *** i love UT3!!!! even tho i suk compared to ut2k4 lol, but hey its fuking awesome!!!!!

Comment

Well, I was a hater of this game actually.

I had looked forward to this game since it was very first announced as UT2007.

I was sooooo dissapointed when I played the demo and became an opponent of the game.

Stuff was so **** and some things still are but I just bought the game today, loaded it up (after installing the latest patch) and enjoyed playing a round.

Patch 1.1 has brought the game back from certain destruction but i still think more needs to be done - especially around vehicles being too powerful against foot soldiers.

Epic - if you are listening - you deserve the poor rating that this game initially got because the demo was so dam poor and bears little resemblance to the game.

Why even release the demo? It virtually put me off the game. Imagine my surprise when I fired up the full version and applied the patch today and found the game mostly enjoyable! Now get your ar*ses out there and start telling people the demo is a poor reflection of the game and you ight win back some of those people whom you annoyed so much with the stupid demo.

Now - fix a few more things around vehicles being too powerful and you may win back some others too. Dodge jumping is still what people are crying for - this would at least go some way towards restoring the balance between vehicles and foot soldiers but i suspect we will not see it.

At least I will be telling people now to try the game (instead of avoid it) as it's been patched to fix many of the hates of people.

Good work on the patch front Epic but there's still more to do...

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Slokop View Post
                            Its not hard at all, UT3's gameplay is very good, I love it. It's just that there are allot of issues that were not expected to be so poor like the UI, options, serveradministration and allot of other stuff. (see also my sig)
                            I know, I have my complaints too. But some of the threads on this forum make me want to grab these people and smack them around.

Comment

For me it`s a great game,better than i expected.
                              Now i have more or less my old ut back
                              Yes there are some faults,but over time they will be fixed for the better.

Then theres the community,some of them do a great job on maps and mods.
                              All i can say is ut3 can only get better from now on

Comment

Working...
                              X