The Scavenger Can Do So Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scavenger Can Do So Much

I'm not saying it's overpowered, I'm just saying it's interesting at how versatile this vehicle is.

-It moves fairly fast.
    -It's sort of wide, making it an easy way to get hit-and-runs.
    -It can jump very high and very long.
    -It can latch onto walls.
    -It has a floating orb of death that can be laser guided onto anything.
    -Its orb can heal nodes.
    -It can turn into a pin ball.
    -It can expose spikes in pin ball form, slicing everything.
    -It. Looks. AWESOME.

The scavenger's always my first choice any time I get into a vehicle. Viper's my second choice. Fury third. Darkwalker fourth. Nemesis fifth. I don't even remember the sixth Necris vehicle.

yeah but even though its all that (apart from i aint seen it scale walls) its hard to control in ball mode, and is a tad slow to turn on the spot which balances it out. plus it is not easy to get the orb to shock its target all the time

Comment

Don't forget that the orb of death can heal nodes and vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
        Don't forget that the orb of death can heal nodes and vehicles.

Comment

Hmm...

-It moves fairly fast.
          True, although ín order to change direction, you have to switch to walk mode every single time again and hence it's lots of fiddling to travel longer distances... Manta and Viper are faster.
          -It has a pretty good amount of health.
          Hmm, nope. :P 200 hp -> 1 AVRiL, two full Flak primaries or two Rox.
          -It can jump very high and very long.
          True, sadly it's not really exploitable. :P All the maps have specific steps that can be reached with the Viper and the Scavenger... Still the jumping comes in handy from time to time (Centre node on Floodgate).
          -It can latch onto walls.
          Orly? Didn't try that yet. :O
          -It has a floating orb of death that can be laser guided onto anything.
          It has an uncontrollable, selfwilled wee-wee-laser orb thingy that heals nodes quite fast, admittedly.
          -It can turn into a pin ball.
          Yes.
          -It can expose spikes in pin ball form, slicing everything.
          True, quite powerful IF you can hit a thing with it. :P
          -It. Looks. AWESOME.
          Meh, with World and Texture Detail 1 everything looks crappy here. :[
          I don't even remember the sixth Necris vehicle.
          Nightshade.

You forgot: - The Scavenger can fly.

Comment

latch to walls? what? tell how now!!

Comment

But it does have an exploit/bug or what ever you may call it

Comment

in some maps scavenger can be very very usefull. very powerfull indoor ^^

i love to hide behind walls then pop up and do some free pancakes with it

also very usefull for stopping an orb runner from raping your node.

Comment

it is sometimes as deadly as a manta, you dont have to turn into a ball to runover enemies, you can simply walk into them lol, as for favorites, mine would be the nightshade first, i think its the best vehicle since you can runover people while invisible, deploy spider mines to clean a room full of enemies for you, set up emp mines around enemy vehicles (and then run them over while cloaked) or deploy bubble shields over your nodes to protect them/ or deploy statis fields over your flag so no one can make a quick run!

Comment

It's not my first choice (low armor, not very dangerous) but it sure takes the cake for coolest design. You could fill a map with these.

Comment

I heard there`s a raceing mod out with them.
                      But i guess it`s private alpha/beta,as i cannot find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                        It's not my first choice (low armor, not very dangerous) but it sure takes the cake for coolest design. You could fill a map with these.
                        A bowl-like shaped map with a load of scavengers around the edge. Everyone spawns next to them, jumps in, goes into the bowl... that would be a laugh lol.

Comment

225-250 Health would be better for this vehicle. I like that it has a lot of unique features, but it's just not as overpowered as some other vehicles, so it looks weak in comparison.

The orb weapon it has is slow, though, hard to lock on (often harder than it would be just to shoot someone with any other weapon) and is kind of buggy (can get stuck in the ground, or just doesn't seem to work often).

What I think might be really cool is if the orb, while not attacking, functioned like a limited version of the Takkra from Unreal 2 -- That weapon would attempt to shoot down incoming projectiles when deployed defensively. I think it'd be really cool if the Scavenger orb tried to do that with Avrils.

Comment

Don't forget:

It can fly and reach places it shouldn't in the first place. It is a bug/exploit. So don't ask (unless you are from EPIC and want to patch it).

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                              Don't forget:

It can fly and reach places it shouldn't in the first place. It is a bug/exploit. So don't ask (unless you are from EPIC and want to patch it).

lol yep i said earlier in the thread.
                              Not going to say out though as it is a stupid bug tbh.

Comment

Working...
                              X