Quick Nub thread about PC SPECS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Nub thread about PC SPECS

1.8 GHZ Core Duo 2 (ill overclock if need be)
    1 GB ram (Ill need more but january)
    7300 SE...

Tomorrow Im gunna buy a new graphics card... See whats best for my money... If Im lucky to find a 8800 GT Ill pounce on it before someone else does.

Even if I get a 8800 GT Would I be able to play the game highish settings?

8800GT will max the game out without a problem. IMO even if you OC the CPU, it'll still hold you back unless you're OCing by at least close to a gig or more.

Comment

Would you recommend I buy the Graphics card then upgrade CPU a month or 2 later when I got the money?

Comment

man u shouldnt be to far off when i started playin i had

amd x2 64 3600+ 1.9 ghz
        Vista Home Basic 32bit
        1.5 gig 677 mem
        250gb sata
        on board geforce 5200 fx

it was ugly but it ran ok enough to play

now i got
        amd x2 64 3600+ 1.9 ghz
        Vista Ultimate 64 Bit installed /32bit backup
        5.5 gig 800 mem
        250gb sata
        Geforce 8800 GTX 768mb

and it runs like a farkin dream in 800x600 maxed - i only have a 15 in flat pannel
        upgrading to 22" HD in a few days thanks to the jolly fat man and my GF

i can run it 1024x768 runs fine and fast but looks like **** on that monitor

Comment

what type of processor is it?

Comment

I remember back in the day when I bought a Voodoo 5 but didn't bother to upgrade my processor. My framerates were better in UT99, but they weren't outstanding if I recall correctly. I was forced into buying a faster processor to get the most out of the Voodoo 5. Unfortunately, I also had to upgrade my motherboard and RAM to make this happen.

I am just giving you a warning about upgrading in "rounds". You may be disappointed in the earlier rounds--making the first upgrade worthless until you get the other components.

Comment

Core Duo 2 processor

Yh I know, I mean Would It be wise for me to upgrade graphics card now? Would I be playing the game decent untill I upgrade CPU and RAM?

Comment

Since the strain is more on the GPU than the CPU at higher resolutions, an 8800GT should do the trick at any resolution over 1024x768. Also, RAM is pretty cheap. Try to get another gig.

Comment

K am going into town tomorrow with £200 to look for stuff, hopefully I can haggle the guy... do ma Puppy Dawg eyes and WHAM! FREE RAM PLEASE.

Comment

Going into town? You'll get it MUCH chepaer online... unless PCWorld is going to throw stuff at you for shopping there...

Comment

Get the card first. If you have XP, hold of on the ram. It will help load times, but according to this hardware review for UT3 on Gamespot (see lower down the page), it will not help with FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleary View Post
                        1.8 GHZ Core Duo 2 (ill overclock if need be)
                        1 GB ram (Ill need more but january)
                        7300 SE...

Tomorrow Im gunna buy a new graphics card... See whats best for my money... If Im lucky to find a 8800 GT Ill pounce on it before someone else does.

Even if I get a 8800 GT Would I be able to play the game highish settings?
                        upgrading the cpu should be top prioity to upgrade...

the game needs at minimum a 2.0 ghz processor
                        and if you are able to get the game to run you wont be able to go highish settings seeing it will be your cpu holding you back

Comment

for a 22" monitor, GPU is way more important for playing games.
                          even if he had the new quad core OC'd I doubt frame rates would be better than getting an 8800GT...very much

Comment

I got a 19 INCH CO... I mean Screen, I think Ill upgrade GPU and over clock CPU

Comment

Originally posted by fif View Post
                              Going into town? You'll get it MUCH chepaer online... unless PCWorld is going to throw stuff at you for shopping there...
                              What he said.. buy it online lol

Comment

Working...
                              X