How's the rank calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I think ELO has something to do with finding how good you are, finding the differences between your best and worst games, and comparing them with who you play with. If you are consistently good, you're probably going to get a better rating. This kind of eliminates a spike in rating due to a few lucky games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have found that if you play against bots it will kill your ranking quickly. You will get kills for them but your ranking will suffer for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by antych View Post
    At first I didn't really know what Elo is so had an impression that it's just added by enemydown and calculated from your stats. So I guess it's actually calculated by the game only Epic decided to hide from ingame stats and show only rank (which is based on Elo), right?
    No idea where exactly it is calculated (maybe some server/data center where both Enemydown and we players with our ingame stats have some kind of access to ), but as you say: the ingame stats show your rank (which is based on Elo), so game itself should be able to show Elo as well. It just doesn't do it for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At first I didn't really know what Elo is so had an impression that it's just added by enemydown and calculated from your stats. So I guess it's actually calculated by the game only Epic decided to hide from ingame stats and show only rank (which is based on Elo), right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your world rank is simply and only based on your Elo rating - just take a look at the top 20 or 50 list and see how the Elo values decrease when you look down the list. -> Elo = rank. And if I understand it correctly, Elo values are only based on 1on1 situations.

I suggest not to give a **** about it though... when I didn't play for nearly two days, my rank dropped from 40 to 300; there also isn't a way of telling which K/D ratio is good or bad, it depends on where you play. While I play with a ratio of at least 3:1 on WAR pubs, it can go below 2:1 in pickup games.

I just find the numbers itself interesting, i.e. which weapon I got the most kills with etc. You don't need a rank to judge whether you play good or not, you should be able to see it ingame.

Btw, I just added all my kills in the stats together. While my overall stats say 8000 kills, I only got 6100 by adding the specific weapon and vehicle stats. :S Seems that all the pancakes or something don't show up in the stats. ;P

Edit: Pally and Bender are totally bugged in the stats. :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think ratio makes no difference, I have it around 2 and at the same time my rank was between 80ish - to as low as 1100.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's based on who you play and how high they're ranked. If a high-ranked players plays on a server filled with noobs, (s)he's likely to drop a few hundred ranks no matter if (s)he wins. Meanwhile if a total newbie, ranked 70k or 80k, goes up against someone in the top 1000... even losing with just 1 frag for every 3 deaths will have you shooting up several tens of thousands of ranks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know that the ratio is directly related. Mine is about 1.3 or 1.4 and I'm about 750 or something according to the in game stats although I only play Warfare online ATM.

In Warfare, I think beating higher ranking players and being on the winning team push up rankings - I don't know if the actual game score plays a part or game goals figure either.

I'd be quite interested to know how it is all worked out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And hows the Ratio number (as on Enemy Down stats site) related? Can we make some comparision to the old EFF because that's how I used to track my personal progress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's suppose to be based on Elo rating, so it makes a difference who you play with. Throwing n00bs around will not improve your score. But I'd like to see some official / confirmed info, coz my rank is also jumping up and down almost randomly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They just give you an arbitrary ranking after every session, I think. At least, that's how it looks.

I'm guessing that they have tried to balance it so that if you do really well with just a few weapons or vehicles, but have poor ratios with some others, you can't get higher than a certain rank. I just happen to have not used certain weaps / vehicles much at all yet and get killed with them, so even though my overall ratio is 1.82, I still have not broken the 1000 mark (and in fact go above 2-3000 sometimes)... just my working theory at the moment..

Also it seems to punish you for killing players of lesser skill so that might be another thing.. to actually advance in rank you might be best off always using "quick match" to match you to people of similar skill.. which sucks, because I usually hate those servers as they're running **** mutators like CustomUT.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How's the rank calculated?

How's the rank calculated?

Like topic, I'm wondering since sometimes I do very fine in matches in Warfare and have significantly most score but yet I may see I still drop some places. I think it's weird. If you lose does that have any impact on the score? At least it shouldn't it, if you play with noobs and have like 3x times the score as your teammates you should still be rewarded as then no1 would wanna balance teams either. Sometimes again I see I climb a few placed despite I personally thought doing relatively bad too.
Working...
X