• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, penny arcade made a funny

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20071219.jpg \o/

Ahaha a funny. XD

Comment

Thats awesome LOL

I was pretty irritated at the stereotypical black-talk from both Malcolm and Othello in this game.

Why is it that 99% of all black skinned characters in movies and videogames talk exactly the same??? Did they all grow up in the exact same environment and learn lingo from the same people??? Why don't all the white, yellow, brown and pink people all talk the same? Oh thats right, they are different people, with different personalities.

I get ****** at female exploitation too. Luckily this is the first game in about 10 years that didn't make the female characters fight in combat lingerie.

Comment

Not funny, it's the PS3 version. :|

;P

Comment

But Othello's "Fo' Shizzle" taunt is the best taunt in the history of UT! Even better than the robot's "Ha Ha".

Comment

Penny Arcade was never funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Friendlyman View Post
              Why is it that 99% of all black skinned characters in movies and videogames talk exactly the same???
              It would scare away the racist audience by making them feel insecure if they didn't. Can't risk that, not even in a video game.

Comment

I didnt see the ghetto language thingy in the PC version.. am I deaf?

Comment

Originally posted by BioHaZarD View Post
                  I didnt see the ghetto language thingy in the PC version.. am I deaf?
                  In short: yes.

Comment

Please tell me these MC Hammer pants will be a customization option in future bonus packs!

Comment

Originally posted by Friendlyman View Post
                      Thats awesome LOL

I was pretty irritated at the stereotypical black-talk from both Malcolm and Othello in this game.

Why is it that 99% of all black skinned characters in movies and videogames talk exactly the same??? Did they all grow up in the exact same environment and learn lingo from the same people??? Why don't all the white, yellow, brown and pink people all talk the same? Oh thats right, they are different people, with different personalities.

I get ****** at female exploitation too. Luckily this is the first game in about 10 years that didn't make the female characters fight in combat lingerie.
                      Very true words. On the other hand the "hot" females are skinny as hell in 2k4, so yea there isn't a exploitation on boobs and sexy lingerie, but they're anorexic yet are able to wear combat armor and 10 guns in their backpocket.

Comment

Jawesome strip.

I wish Malcolm's voice would have remained the way it was in UT99 - what was it, Male Soldier 1 voicepack or something? Or at the very least, he could keep the accent he suddenly developed, but lose the gangsta talk.

His voice should be deeper, too. How old is he in this game? 50? Hell, in UT99 he already had a touch of gray in his beard. His voice should sound old and gruff, like Morgan Freeman; not young and hip, like Will Smith.

Comment

Hey, penny arcade made a funny
                          Wow there really IS a first time for everything.

Comment

i see they managed to sneak in some of that bloom effect in there as well.

Comment

I thought it was great. It really helped to make the characters memorable and distinct.

Comment

Working...
                              X