Voice hack possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice hack possible?

Anyone know if it is possible to hack the taunt voices in UT3? For example, say I wanted to have an Iron Guard character use Necris taunts; is that possible? I miss not being able to choose your voice like you could in 2k4. Anyone know if this can be done?

should be. I read about someone opening up a few files cause they wanted to delete them. try just messing around in the sounds files til u get somewhere. thats how i solve most of my problems.

Comment

It's easy to do via a mutator.

Now if what you're wanting is to switch voices on your end as a client, and have everyone on some remote server along with you hearing your switched voices, I suppose you could try actually hacking your game install.

I don't think it's a good idea to try that, and it might not work online anyway. and I don't want to mess around with my install to find out. The code changes would be simple.

I suppose it would be a good idea, first, to back up your entire game directory.

Then you'd want to export all your scripts. Then you'd search through all those scripts for instances of the string "VoiceClass=Class." This would net you the eight script locations where the various voice classes (and their associated voice packs) are assigned to the various characters.

You'd then just switch the assignments around the way you want them. And try to rebuild the whole schmeer. If that works (never tried it, good luck), there you are (wherever that is, online speaking).

Alternately, the various messages assigned to each voice class are listed in the default properties for that class. You could try switching those around.

None of which sounds horribly dangerous. I mean I doubt the video game police are going to show up your door and beat you into submission or anything.

Still, I'm not advising you to do any of this, and whatever happens if you do it anyway is your own problem.

Comment

Originally posted by .:Tr@ceR:. View Post
        Anyone know if it is possible to hack the taunt voices in UT3? For example, say I wanted to have an Iron Guard character use Necris taunts; is that possible? I miss not being able to choose your voice like you could in 2k4. Anyone know if this can be done?
        Come on guys! This isn't your job, this is Epic's job! We need a speech binder and we need to be able change our voices! It better be in the next patch or I"m shelvin' this baby.

Comment

Working...
        X