No announcement yet.

Add another bug to the list....redeemer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny the Redeemer has _always_ worked like this. Even the tiniest impact from a projectile, or nudging world geometry, exploded it. That's the nature of it.

Comment

The blocking volumes in the maps are only supposed to affect players while weapons seem to work on much more accurate per-poly collision with the scenery. If the redeemer missile is somehow treated as a player and colliding with these volumes then there's definitely something wrong, but I've not seen anything to suggest that it is yet. You should be able to fly it well past the invisible walls that surround the maps.

So far I've had barely any cases where a missile has exploded in my face myself. If it's going off the instant you fire it then it sounds like you're either accidentally double clicking the fire button or have a faulty mouse, causing it to detonate manually as soon as it's fired.

Comment

Maybe you're hitting blocking volumes.

Comment

Trust me on this, i'm not double clicking or using a faulty mouse. If the mouse were the problem there would be other weapons or functions that would double up or cause weirdness of some sort. I'm 110% positive it's not that. And as far as double clicking, Thats not it either. this happens as often as 3 out of 4 times. Yet in certain places on the map it NEVER happens. so no, it's absolutely not me or the mouse. It's must be invisable obstacles of some sort as has been said, but the question then is why don't i run into them in aircraft or why no other weapons hit them aside from the redeemer projectile. Like i said before, it may be one of the mutators and i will try the same areas with no muts applied just to see and report back. It would be the only explanation aside from the possibility it's the map itself. And it could be since it's vctf torlan made from the warfare map by a user.

Comment

Johnny. It's not you or your mouse. It's the Redeemer. It's always acted like that. It's also not blocking volumes. Just fire up in Deck with the Redeemer and watch that rocket fly.

Comment

Originally posted by iknowjohnny View Post
              Ok, let me make this clear to all thos who think i'm shooting it out of a window or some such scenario where i'm in a very enclosed place. Are you familiar with torlan? well, heres an example of a place where i die 3 times out of 4 while shooting in a FREE AND CLEAR area ! You know the platform thats tghe closest one to the base with a armor and health pickup under it, a raptor, and 2 weapon racks? well, standing up on top of that platform free an clear of anything, i can fire up into the sky and it detonates the instant i pull the trigger 3 out or 4 times even with no enemies in sight. I even tried it on a deserted map (0 bots) and it happens.
              Are you referring to the sniping tower inside the base? I decided to test this out, so I went up there (in both bases) and started spamming redeemers in every direction. They were flying so furiously that one would explode and deny the one behind it. I shot them straight up into the air and rewrote the ending to "Wargames." I shot them as close to the edge as I could and discovered that they actually go through the fence, but at no point did they explode on empty air. So I'm stumped on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall[AT] View Post
                you could shoot down the demer on 2k4 as well.

are you triggering the explosion by pressing left click while flying it around a map?

also, heres a tip for ya when flying the demer to kill a vehicle, don't fly it into it head on. If you know where it is try to demer it from the side or back where it cant see it coming.
                and when you fly it around from the back or sides get it directly over the vehicle and fly it straight down on it and explode the thing just above the vehicle for more splash damage you have always been able to shoot down deemers ...

PS make sure you are only pushing the right click mouse button to launch then fly it into something or click left mouse to explode but DO NOT hold both

Comment

Working...
                X