Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Tim-Tim View Post
    Anyway, I'd have expected Microsoft to try and cram Vista down our throats than let us keep using XP.
    No doubt. OEM's like Dell rebelled and began offering XP again as an option for new PC's after Microsoft tried to force them to go Vista only. That's good for gamers since XP still seems to be performing better, or at least it is for UT3 when coupled with Nvidia cards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TYF00N View Post
    there you go
    im sorry, its going right over your head. its using very high AND dx10, not just very high. thats why i plain out said VERY HIGH and DX10 hack. are you dense? you must be.
    http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/

stop and read what i said
    Originally posted by Rajinn
    crysis with the "very high" hack is a very noticeable difference
    perhaps next time i'll add the TOO at the end so you can understand.
    thats crysis on VERY HIGH with DX10, TOO on xp.
    and if you keep going your just trolling, as im sure everyone else understood the sentence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
    Sorry? But I just get tired of all the idiots that don't know what they are talking about come to forums and bash Microsoft because they think it makes them look smart. There is a reason that Windows is the largest gaming platform on the planet. Larger than Nintendo, Sony Playstation, and of course XBOX.

It works and it works well!

I am excited to see SP3 when it comes out and I have also heard of performance increases on some tests. I did hear that MS was going to tweak the memory management system in XP a little with the next Service Pack. If the gossip holds true then we should see some UT3 performance increases.
    No, that's because with a PC our other choice is Apple or Linux. Apple is the overpriced elitist fashion statement PC and Linux is just plain too intimidating for anyone normal to run.

Microsoft has an amazing PR and marketing department that is resonpsable for bringing their share of the market to the point where they can do whatever the hell they want. They managed to sell millions of xbox 360s before anyone started to realise they were built like **** and would all need replacing.

Anyway, I'd have expected Microsoft to try and cram Vista down our throats than let us keep using XP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
    i wasnt referring to crysis as the dx10 hack
    crysis with the "very high" hack is a very noticeable difference - heres a sshot in xp with dx10 hack.

bla bla bla
    there you go

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't get your hopes high. It's suppose to speed up Office and similar apps, not likely to have any impact on DirectX games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1st: you can easily upgrade your performance without SP3, tweak your system. theres about 16,000 guides on google that show you what the BS in the background is and also let you decide which things you need and dont. simple check - alt-ctrl-del, click processes, if you are gaming and you have more than 25 in windows xp sp2 including an antivirus then you have too much running. now for you smart guys who go "well i only have 18 processes running!" click Performance and how many THREADS are you running? you want to aim for about 500 or lower, 450 is ideal.
    I have been building and troubleshooting computers since 1997. I think I know how to optimize XP as I use it for far more important tasks than running some silly game, such as audio and video production. If you really want to know, I have 370 threads running over 28 processes at the moment, which I guess makes me uber-leet by your standards.

If SP3 turns out to be stable and gives an added performance increase over what I have now, I'd be pretty dumb not to use it. So I am not sure what you're going on about.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i wasnt referring to crysis as the dx10 hack, i was referring to alky projects dx10 for winxp. its a directx file you have to install and it gives some dx10 stuff.

thats why i said "very high" hack as well as dx10 hack.

rather or not you have very high settings, you wont have godrays nor water shimmers.
    ok enough about crysis this is a ut3 forum o.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those are not "DX10" hacks, as they are doable in DX9, but Crytek put an artificial cap on the DX9 settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    crysis with the "very high" hack is a very noticeable difference - heres a sshot in xp with dx10 hack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/d0e32cb0.jpg

im not putting it in shot format because it isnt a ut3 pic, you can click it - notice the definition of the texture? its the "very high" texture with higher res, what you might not notice is the water has a rainbow effect on the light - thats my dx10 for winxp (from alky projects).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/5fd2c1f4.jpg

a good pic of godrays. (again dx10 for xp)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/baf63da0.jpg
    just a pic i like :-D

anyways you can find your own dx9 pics with "high" settings if you want, im not posting any :-D

i posted a buttload of them here ps: link to different forum related to a clan in a different game, your choice if you want to go there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sincreator View Post
    I should of said this before. Why not have an install version of dx10 for xp? I mean if your running a game that uses dx10 features then it would allow it when needed, but when your doing normal stuff revert to dx9 or just disable the dx10 stuff. I've read in a few places that there is a way in crysis to get the very high settings in xp for the dx10 features. I dont know if this works or not i've personally never tried it.
    It does work. You go into the Crysis folder, then the Game folder, then the config folder, and open the file highspec.cfg in notepad. Change the line:

sys_spec_Full = 3

to

sys_spec_Full = 4

and then save. Load up the game, go into video options, and select the option that says "Change All Settings To" and select High. Then apply the settings, and there you go. All Very High settings are now enabled in the game using DX10.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when is SP3 coming out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
    Ingorance is bliss I see! Microsoft will force problems on us? Dang, you are an idiot! Why don't you go out and get mac! Nobody is forcing you to do anything! Or better yet, write a bug free operating system and shut up! Is Epic forcing the problems on us because UT3 has bugs and needs patches?

Man is not perfect so his software will not be perfect! Unless the two of you are perfect or can do better, all you are doing is displaying your ignorance and arrogance.

It would be interesting to see if SP3 does come with some performance enhancement. To bad we can't patch the two of you, you both are in need of an intelligence patch.
    Get a grip, dude. Microsoft's a monopoly, and they do what they please as a result of too little market pressure. It's fair game to bash them. Too many of us use Microsoft Windows because we have to, not because we want to. UT3, case in point. You can't buy the game for any other OS at the moment.

And no, I'm not a Mac fan (although I can see why some people are). I have two Linux boxes, and I also regularly run open source software applications on Windows. I've also worked with open source projects. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T@F View Post
    Not possible,say microshaft.
    as dx10 is build around vista.
    DirectX is only a API. It isnt connected to Vista that way. It will work in Windows XP without big changes. It is only marketing. But Vista is a bad choice for gamer: no DirectSound hardware layer, and its much slower in games. I want Vista with performance of WinME (WinME was really fast, but destroys itself very fast )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1st: you can easily upgrade your performance without SP3, tweak your system. theres about 16,000 guides on google that show you what the BS in the background is and also let you decide which things you need and dont. simple check - alt-ctrl-del, click processes, if you are gaming and you have more than 25 in windows xp sp2 including an antivirus then you have too much running. now for you smart guys who go "well i only have 18 processes running!" click Performance and how many THREADS are you running? you want to aim for about 500 or lower, 450 is ideal.

2nd, dx10 is an API, not just an upgrade to dx9 but a whole new sha-bang. alky projects are making a semi dx10 for xp, it works to an extent as in enabling godrays, but it doesnt enable hdr antialiasing, so far anyways. the truth of this matter is dx9 with a dx10 hack will never run as efficient as true dx10. microsoft already stated no dx10 for xp, well heres a tip for you guys: it doesnt do anything special! dx9 vs dx10... gears of war / ut3 i see NO difference non FSAA, and FSAA you only notice the flaws around HDR lighting. it also runs faster. question: can your system run dx10 AND fsaa? if not dont beg so much for dx10, you arent missing out on anything except extra lag which you would just whine more about.

and if anyone thinks about posting about "Crysis", and how it shows dx10 blah blah... please dont, just google it instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So far beta/RC1 SP3 has been crashing my game. I just did a format for kicks and installed SP3, the game+patch, updated drivers and so on and I've crashed 3 times. I read the log and it's nothing but gibberish to me. First time it says cannot render Dark Walker body, this one says something about blood spray and blah blah.

Oh well, maybe final SP3 will work out better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X