No announcement yet.

XP SP3 may run UT3 faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get your hopes high. It's suppose to speed up Office and similar apps, not likely to have any impact on DirectX games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
      i wasnt referring to crysis as the dx10 hack
      Originally posted by Rajinn View Post
      crysis with the "very high" hack is a very noticeable difference - heres a sshot in xp with dx10 hack.

bla bla bla
      there you go

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
        Sorry? But I just get tired of all the idiots that don't know what they are talking about come to forums and bash Microsoft because they think it makes them look smart. There is a reason that Windows is the largest gaming platform on the planet. Larger than Nintendo, Sony Playstation, and of course XBOX.

It works and it works well!

I am excited to see SP3 when it comes out and I have also heard of performance increases on some tests. I did hear that MS was going to tweak the memory management system in XP a little with the next Service Pack. If the gossip holds true then we should see some UT3 performance increases.
        No, that's because with a PC our other choice is Apple or Linux. Apple is the overpriced elitist fashion statement PC and Linux is just plain too intimidating for anyone normal to run.

Microsoft has an amazing PR and marketing department that is resonpsable for bringing their share of the market to the point where they can do whatever the hell they want. They managed to sell millions of xbox 360s before anyone started to realise they were built like **** and would all need replacing.

Anyway, I'd have expected Microsoft to try and cram Vista down our throats than let us keep using XP.

Comment

Originally posted by TYF00N View Post
          there you go
          im sorry, its going right over your head. its using very high AND dx10, not just very high. thats why i plain out said VERY HIGH and DX10 hack. are you dense? you must be.
          http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/

stop and read what i said
          Originally posted by Rajinn
          crysis with the "very high" hack is a very noticeable difference
          perhaps next time i'll add the TOO at the end so you can understand.
          thats crysis on VERY HIGH with DX10, TOO on xp.
          and if you keep going your just trolling, as im sure everyone else understood the sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim-Tim View Post
            Anyway, I'd have expected Microsoft to try and cram Vista down our throats than let us keep using XP.
            No doubt. OEM's like Dell rebelled and began offering XP again as an option for new PC's after Microsoft tried to force them to go Vista only. That's good for gamers since XP still seems to be performing better, or at least it is for UT3 when coupled with Nvidia cards.

Comment

Working...
            X