XP SP3 may run UT3 faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP SP3 may run UT3 faster

I've been reading around, and apparently the upcoming service pack 3 has unexpected performance increases, it isn't know whether this is true as far as a total performance increase in all areas, but apparently in some benchmarks SP3 ran some applications 10% faster than SP2 (which runs most stuff faster than Vista).. So it doesn't seem like XP is bound to go out anytime soon.

I'm curious to see how this will reflect on performance in UT3. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until Q2 2008 to find out. (no I don't recommend downloading any leaks)

LOL once SP3 is out, there will be OTHER problems

Comment

Originally posted by Tranceholic View Post
      That was exactly my thought. And Microsoft will force those problem on everyone via Automatic Update.

Comment

If you haven't turned the "Automatic" part off, that's what you get, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tranceholic View Post
          Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
          That was exactly my thought. And Microsoft will force those problem on everyone via Automatic Update.
          Ingorance is bliss I see! Microsoft will force problems on us? Dang, you are an idiot! Why don't you go out and get mac! Nobody is forcing you to do anything! Or better yet, write a bug free operating system and shut up! Is Epic forcing the problems on us because UT3 has bugs and needs patches?

Man is not perfect so his software will not be perfect! Unless the two of you are perfect or can do better, all you are doing is displaying your ignorance and arrogance.

It would be interesting to see if SP3 does come with some performance enhancement. To bad we can't patch the two of you, you both are in need of an intelligence patch.

Comment

Amen.

10 chars.

Comment

Thanks Majik, didn't really need the thread de-railed by the first reply, glad to see some people have common sense. However let's keep the flaming to a minimum, is it not possible to discuss OS/game performance without a flame war..

Comment

ya a problematic update is a tradition i dont think microcrap ever wants to break

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
                  Man is not perfect
                  Speak for yourself.

Comment

Sorry? But I just get tired of all the idiots that don't know what they are talking about come to forums and bash Microsoft because they think it makes them look smart. There is a reason that Windows is the largest gaming platform on the planet. Larger than Nintendo, Sony Playstation, and of course XBOX.

It works and it works well!

I am excited to see SP3 when it comes out and I have also heard of performance increases on some tests. I did hear that MS was going to tweak the memory management system in XP a little with the next Service Pack. If the gossip holds true then we should see some UT3 performance increases.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                      Speak for yourself.

Will? Obviously your not perfect either! Care to comment on the topic?

How bout you Spam? I mean Dan? Care to comment on the topic?

Comment

Pentium 3 800 owners with VooDoo 5 cards, download SP3 and get out your wallets!

Comment

MajikMyst, just don't respond to them please

Comment

Microsoft should just add dx10 via update/upgrade to xp. I don't know if its possible or not though. Maybe just for games or sumthin. Scrap vista all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                              MajikMyst, just don't respond to them please

Sorry again. I won't respond to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X