• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Processing?

I cannot understand this option.

What will it do on the PS3?
    Or what is it for on the PC?

Thanks!

I don't know, I keep running through these instant action maps with no bots looking for this "Post" they keep talking about but haven't found it yet.

Sorry, I'm a jack ***.

Post Processing is basically a filter the determines the intensity and clarity of the color scheme of the game. I think Vivid gives you the brightest color "look" to the game with the most contrast. The others just simply make the game look various stages of muted to colorful. The effects are subtle.

Around the week of release someone made a really nice animated GIF here that cycled thorugh each Post Processing setting with the same screenshot POV of the same map on each setting so you could see the differences.

Comment

I see now, thx!

Comment

Originally posted by QiKo View Post
        I see now, thx!
        No problem, just remember next time you get your post processed to please wear a condem!

Comment

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
          No problem, just remember next time you get your post processed to please wear a condem!
          loool omg !

Comment

This page has four images showing the difference if you want an example.
            http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_5.html

Comment

curious you mention because i have been chosing wich one likes me more today

muted: the game has almost not post processing ligh, if you put torlan, the sky will be blue, overall tones are more greyish,

default: the previous one but with more definition in materials, for example, take the flak cannon and the metal yellow parts will seem really made of metal, still no stress on illumination

vivid: the previous one but with some illumination aplied to the materials, with this setting, the sky in torlan will be white, and the amount of light on coloured surfaces will merge good. Also the rocks and foliage will be with pure colours. With this setting, colours will be very definied, its cool<- i have this on

intense: the previus one but with much more stress on illumination, the sky in torlan will destroy yuo vision, also searchng for enemy raptors, the illumination also have a huge stress over weapons, making them shine and painting them in white in certain areas of the map, making the weapon to look as almost completly white.
              the overall terrain will have a bloom effect that wil make the colours to shine far beyond the edge of the object, giving the impression of a dream ( well, is the effect that is put on movies to explain a dream) <- i have been using it until today, it produces so many shinning that is exageratd, i dont know if in real life objects shine so, im triying to search the best photorrealistic option, and i left it on vivid, also i think this (vivid) is the option that was put on most of ps3 footage i have seen

Comment

Working...
              X