UT3 for PS3 = Calm Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 for PS3 = Calm Down

Calm down on complaining about UT3 on PS3. We all know that Epic and other gaming companies always release incompleted games. If Epic did not send out UT3 on Dec. we would all be complaning about Epic not releasing it.

Thanks Epic for releasing UT3; so i can play it over my Christmas Break.

The mic issue is ridiculous. Why would they have the user HOLD down the RIGHT directional button to talk? Why cant we either have, a.) Voice activated, or b.) Quick push, then talk like in warhawk?

AND once again, where is the online community hiding!?

Comment

"We all know that Epic and other gaming companies always release incompleted games"

You kinda hit the nail on the head. Thats what ****** most people off. I'm more or less I'm convinced I bought the collector's edition of a game that's somewhere in limbo between beta and releasable.

Comment

do u realize that you can change the button to push for voice chat???? Go to Main Menu, Settings, Input, hit triangle and toggle speaking.

Comment

changing the button doesnt matter- whats realy more annoying, is they dont have any confirmation that you are speaking at all or who is speaking if they use a mic. And you can always map another button but holding it down to speak in a fast-twitch fps? come on. who did their QA testing

Comment

i have never heard someone talk on ut3. Maybe no one can figure it out???

Comment

Yea I put mic chat on the right stick button. BUT this game is really too fast for push-to-talk. Switching it to open mic is the first thing Epic should do. Other than that I really don't have any complaints about the game. It's the most fun I've had online, topping Killzone (besides Monster Hunter that is, best online co-op game ever created). And it's the most intense shooter I've ever played period. And I think the online community is pretty good considering most of us can't talk to one another. I've made quite a few new friends on UT3 already. The only other complaint I have about it is that the PS3 can't seem to use mods yet. But that is more of a complaint about the PC version, since people here are telling me it CAN'T make PS3 mods yet.

Comment

I'd say 90% of us would rather have a late game, than a incomplete game.

Epic better get their heads on straight and get us PS3 owners the mod support we deserve and that they promised us. Once they get us that, it will calm things down a bit, since with mods you can pretty much fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                  Yea I put mic chat on the right stick button. BUT this game is really too fast for push-to-talk. Switching it to open mic is the first thing Epic should do. Other than that I really don't have any complaints about the game. It's the most fun I've had online, topping Killzone (besides Monster Hunter that is, best online co-op game ever created). And it's the most intense shooter I've ever played period. And I think the online community is pretty good considering most of us can't talk to one another. I've made quite a few new friends on UT3 already. The only other complaint I have about it is that the PS3 can't seem to use mods yet. But that is more of a complaint about the PC version, since people here are telling me it CAN'T make PS3 mods yet.
                  I have to agree. I'm having a blast in UT3 for PS3. I actually haven't played the PC version since I got it. I wish we had type talk at least for after a game, so we could say Good Game and what not. I need to figure my microphone out still and how to add friends that invite me as a friend.

Comment

When you get a friends request in UT3 you have to check in the messages box in the community menu. The problem is, and I guess this is the ONE other complaint I have (for a total of a whopping 3 complaints*sarcasm*) is that when you log off of UT3, and didn't know you had any messages, they get erased, so you could send a message, and they might never see it, cuz the message prompt is hardly noticable, unlike the PSN message prompt, which is TOO big lol. So, those are the only things I think need to be fixed. 1. switch it to open mics, and fix whatever other problems the mics have. 2. make it so messages and friend requests save. and 3. Patch that freakin Editor so it can cook mods for PS3. Unless it was already patched, in which case we PS3 owners just have no friends LOL.

Comment

Please post all mic issues in the thread that is now 6 pages long about the problem. the longer the thread is the more likely it is to get seen.
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=592988

Comment

i rather w8 for 1 month or 2 rahther by getting a incomplete game

Comment

Originally posted by BirddMann View Post
                          Calm down on complaining about UT3 on PS3. We all know that Epic and other gaming companies always release incompleted games. If Epic did not send out UT3 on Dec. we would all be complaning about Epic not releasing it.

Thanks Epic for releasing UT3; so i can play it over my Christmas Break.

completely disagree....releasing a Broke game as this is (this isnt a bug in the game, its a broke game)...

just shows how some just have a lack of pride in their workmanship and the ring of sales means more to them than having a quality product (dont get me wrong, I do like the game, just VOIP to me is a mandatory feature for online games)

I would bring it back to the store now if I could, but you cant once its open

there are plenty of other games to play on and off line...I didnt need to drop 60 bucks for a broke game...

Comment

This game is sweet and if you wont play a game over a chat issue your a tard. Your right id rather have people breathing in my ear and hearing screaming babies like I do on cod....much rather that...phsyc. I would like a response from epic as to whats up with the mics. I do agree that it seems tuff without an indication of players talking. I still have heard no one talk, but thanks for getting it out for xmas epic=D

Comment

Releasing unfinished or disfunctional games on consoles is an even bigger faux pas (applause for using that term, I feel so sophisticated) than on PC's because it takes so long to get patches certified.

Comment

Working...
                              X