Simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question

Ok,I am slowly learning how to edit using the unreal editor and in the tutorial it says click on the subtractive and it gives it a texture esque look on the tutorial. On mine however, it's not doing anything but giving it a checkerboard esque look. Please help me!

you need to be in the level ed section,to get a better answer.

Anyway thats ok,thats what it should do.
    then you need to click on the wall and add a texture.

But ut3 ed is different now so you need to add material instead.
    Anyway just look in the level ed section,for what you need to know.

Comment

K, I've been posting on the level ed forums and no one is helping me, so I am asking here. Could someone please guide me through this, I have been trying for some time now with no answer on how to do this.
      Please tell me, how do I add a texture?

Comment

go to the generic browser. then click materials in the left hand column. then choose the surface which you want to change the texture of, then click on the texture you want it to be in the materials browser

Comment

I can't see any materials in the materials browser, where do I look for the materials while in the materials browser. In the tutorial it shows that I can open the textures used in the maps however I can't find the maps he is showing me.

Comment

If your still having trouble pm me.and i`ll pm you link on how to use the ed.
            I`m not going to post it here,as it will kill the bandwith he`s limited to.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz X14 View Post
              I can't see any materials in the materials browser, where do I look for the materials while in the materials browser. In the tutorial it shows that I can open the textures used in the maps however I can't find the maps he is showing me.
              You probably didn't install the game in the default directory, the editor thinks the game is installed on your C: drive at in documents and settings\documents\My games\UT3 (your path may vary, im on a Danish copy of XP and its a bit different), if you did not install the game there, browse to your game (example- D:\Games\UT3) and you will be able to find maps and packages to load there.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz X14 View Post
                They should be in: C: Program files/Unreal Tournament 3/UT Game/Cooked PC/Environments

Comment

*slaps forehead*

I was slightly confused when i first used it but once you get going its easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X