Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault

I don't understand , all said that assault mode was delete because not a lot of people was playing at it in UT2K4 , but when i was playing this mode on ut2k4 , for sure they was more people that now in ut3 in the cdd with car or the warfare , they was so a lot of map with 32/32 players and a big list with so so so a lot of map with a lot of players on , more than all the actually mode on ut3.

Really Hope that mode will come soon , it was in ut99 , it was on ut2k4 , it was for me the greatest mode with cdd with car , a lot of players ,always some maps at each hours of the day where it was so more people on.

Please EPIC ..creat this ***** mode on ut3 xD

[CLOSED]

(soon)

Comment

Yes we know
      this must be the 363st topic about the lack of assault in ut3

Comment

Original Poster speaks the truth.

Comment

So do the other 362 posters.

Still...

Comment

Well if Epic would actually say something instead of remaining silent as if they're embarassed about the game then maybe people would stop making AS threads.

Yes OP you're spot on, Assault is amazing, and a lot more people played it than most people seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
              Well if Epic would actually say something instead of remaining silent as if they're embarassed about the game then maybe people would stop making AS threads.

Yes OP you're spot on, Assault is amazing, and a lot more people played it than most people seem to think.
              They have remained silent since I originally asked in May of 2005.
              http://epicboards.ign.com/general_di...67/19636414/p1

Comment

yeah total right on dued bring back assault epic it might save ut3

Comment

Originally posted by tehlostone View Post
                  Don't say that conquest is it's equal. All conquest is is a revamped onslut.
                  ha ha ha, can't believe you managed to predict that correctly back in April 2005.
                  I changed my mind when I saw a video of some "conquest" map where an objective was to blow up a building with Malcolm jumping out as a cut scene, not sure what happened to that. Most likely it was a demo of the game, and an Assault illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                    ha ha ha, can't believe you managed to predict that correctly back in April 2005.
                    I changed my mind when I saw a video of some "conquest" map where an objective was to blow up a building with Malcolm jumping out as a cut scene, not sure what happened to that. Most likely it was a demo of the game, and an Assault illusion.
                    I be leet :P

Comment

What mystifies me is where were all the assault players in ut4k? There seems to be more threads about the lack of assault than actual people playing assault in the previous version of ut.
                      Unless you mean the racing version of assault, or assault trials, which IMO hijacked and completely ruined the real assault anyway.
                      I know the only way to get an assault game was to play convoy over and over and over on demo servers. The other maps were almost never played.
                      Unless u mean those ****ing racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by nkvd3941 View Post
                        What mystifies me is where were all the assault players in ut4k? There seems to be more threads about the lack of assault than actual people playing assault in the previous version of ut.
                        Unless you mean the racing version of assault, or assault trials, which IMO hijacked and completely ruined the real assault anyway.
                        I know the only way to get an assault game was to play convoy over and over and over on demo servers. The other maps were almost never played.
                        Unless u mean those ****ing racing games.
                        NA fans of the stock maps and high quality customs with a competitive mindset where located at www.drylobster.com. Was founded in late 2004 as a home for the community pub server and turned into the home for leagues.

Drylobster ran 4 very popular Mixer tournaments and was home for the TWL 3v3 Assault league. Sorry you missed out

For a more relaxed play with a mesh mash of maps, www.omnipotents.com

Comment

assault was like the 2nd most popular gamemode in ut2004 and the one with huge maps (apart from onslaught) plus it had another unique race variation witch was tons of fun also

Comment

The way I remember it AS was well below ONS, CTF, DM, TDM, and once vCTF came out it got even worse. Maybe it all stabilized, but it was pretty bad last I saw it before I quit playing for awhile. We're talking Bombing Run population levels. Really low.

I also agree Convoy was like the Facing Worlds of AS. Good map, but I would have loved more variety while there was life in that gametype.

Comment

Assault still has a lot of people playing it right now. I don't think it was ever as low as BR.

Comment

Working...
                              X