Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Uchiwa View Post
    if you remember ut2k4 assault , the command and conckers map, some vehicule were new , imagined and created by players , so , will hope in a time , when some new map will apear on the server , they will creat the big charge in the hellbender :')
    Yeeeaaah, and then we celebrate the resurrection of the legendary ut2k4-bender!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you remember ut2k4 assault , the command and conckers map, some vehicule were new , imagined and created by players , so , will hope in a time , when some new map will apear on the server , they will creat the big charge in the hellbender :')

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, hellbender's back seat isn't at all taht useful. Guess you being able to control a turret while driving kinda offsets for this fact but if it wasn't for the front turret being functional with driving, it would be a dead vehicle fast. Pushing with beams was VERY fun...and charging as well. Both gone now :/
    Hope Mysterial finds where the bar code broke...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 to the physics of the hellbender blast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
    I would still choose the Goliath over the Nemesis. Sure, the Nemesis is able to defend against aircraft and it's better at extreme range, but in my experience the Goliath always wins when it meets a Nemesis, it's not totally helpless against infantry at close range like the Nemesis is (not that you should ever let them get that close, but it happens), and the splash damage makes it easier to take out fast moving or hidden targets.
    It may be surprising, but I totally agree. I'm a tank ***** myself (1500 of my 8500 kills are Goliath kills :X) and I prefer it anytime over the Nemesis. Still I think that in general and for the average player the Nemesis is more powerful, since taking out aircrafts is a lot easier in it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
    [The Nemesis] is by far the most powerful ground vehicle...
    I would still choose the Goliath over the Nemesis. Sure, the Nemesis is able to defend against aircraft and it's better at extreme range, but in my experience the Goliath always wins when it meets a Nemesis, it's not totally helpless against infantry at close range like the Nemesis is (not that you should ever let them get that close, but it happens), and the splash damage makes it easier to take out fast moving or hidden targets.

But the Leviathan wins on the strength of the Shock Turret alone (many a Massacre has come from sitting in that seat).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Second seat does suck but I do like how the driver can now shoot. But it does need to be faster i mean i think you can hoverboard faster than the thing moves. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
    I hope you realise that the Nemesis isn't comparable to the Hellbender at all - neither in damage, ROF and range, nor in speed and general versatility.
    The SPMA and Nightshare are also worlds apart (in functionality as well as pwnage), but it's the only match-up that makes any sense to me. I guess Axon just got the shaft.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Add a damage indicator, something on the UI would work, or something showing around the barrrel of the gun.

Bring back the physical push the gun had, when I hit something I want to see them get pushed around a bit. It helps with hit indication and makes the gun more useful in sniping.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wish they fixed the perennial problem of bender stealing when i've found myself a nice turret camping spot. >

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    The Nemesis is the Hellbender's counterpart [...]
    Still I hope you realise that the Nemesis isn't comparable to the Hellbender at all - neither in damage, ROF and range, nor in speed and general versatility. IMO it's by far the most powerful ground vehicle (despite the Levi), I wish I had the chance to use it more often.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    I think the Nemesis is the counter to the Goliath. Hellbender's counterpart is the Nightshade.
    The Darkwalker is the Goliath's counterpart (big, slow, instapwn gun). The Nemesis is the Hellbender's counterpart (anti-air hitscan), the Nightshade is the SPMA's counterpart (indirect engagement). There are no Paladin, Cicada or Leviathan counterparts (but here's hoping for the bonus pack).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If they put the physics back into the power of the hellbender blast I will be happy enough. Thats the only thing it ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE BACK.

Epic: If you don't put this back in i swear I won't play UT3 once in a while. >;(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
    Agreed, an indicator to show charge would be great and extremely useful without being upsetting to balance or anything, it would just make that weapon more popular.
    Instead of counting 3 seconds I always just wait until that hazy smoke clears from the end of the turret. It seems to be a pretty decent indicator until the meter is fixed. Heck, they could even just make THAT the indicator by making sure the timing was correct.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Richteralan View Post
    I have no idea why holding a mouse button is bad or too hard?
    it adds fun and more control to the gameplay. always click-click-click is boring.
    Yes, yes, yes and double-yes! Exactly my opinion!

For me it "feels" a lot better to charge this weapon if I had to hold a button for it. Next thing is minor, but these details paint the whole picture: when your are extremely stressed by multiple raptors/mantas/etc, it sometimes happens that you release your charge by accident .. so your charge is gone! Things like that adds a lot more of adrenaline while in battle..

Next thing: am I right that others don't see the charge status of the Hellbenders beam/laser/whatever weapon in ut3? Thats boring as well!

Next thing: the old bender was really powerful _because_ it could take 3 persons! For me it is an advantage to have the driver and gunners separated - the gunners can concentrate on their aiming and the driver has one weapon as well: the bender itself! Now we won't see many funny "bender splasher" scenes anymore..

And what happened to the steering of the new bender?? Did I configured somethin wrong or why won't I manage to avoid driving zigzag all the times??

I'm fascinated from many things of the new version of ut, but on the other side I'm sincerely disappointed from at least an equal amount of things that are gone now .. therefore it happens often to me that I switch back to ut2004 when I'm too worried about those parts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X