No announcement yet.

New hellbender 2nd seat is retarded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I just think when people team up, they should OWN opponents who are just running around uncoordinated. So, yeah, that lone AVRiL guy might not even get a shot off, but with people firing from multiple directions, even an accurate second gun wouldn't stop all the incoming damage.

I guess I liked that people working together were a bit overpowered. Seems to me that's how it should be, otherwise there's just not much point to working together at all. Mostly means two people getting blown up at once, rather than just one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
      I guess I liked that people working together were a bit overpowered. Seems to me that's how it should be, otherwise there's just not much point to working together at all. Mostly means two people getting blown up at once, rather than just one.
      Actually I was talking about the gunner seat being a tad too powerful when you're alone in the tank (2k4, btw), defending a certain spot for instance and then switch the second seat to take out people with AVRiLs. Nothing against teamplay and working together, on the contrary. :P

Comment

Better fix for that would just be to make a delay in switching seats or something like that, wouldn't it? Maybe even make it so you have to hop out, and get back in. Seat switching just doesn't seem like something that should be encouraged at all, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
          It was already much better which the first beta patch, let alone the official one... I haven't really used the gunner seat so far, got to try the fixed one a bit. The 2k4 one is actually a bit overpowered, imo. It's so accurate that you can take out any AVRiL guy, no matter how quick his head pops up behind an edge. :P
          lol...ya.. the one in 2k4 is an auto sniper..

Comment

i was a force to be reckoned with in the 2nd seat on assault maps. especially space ones where i could knock people off of a road

Comment

i agree...i ignore the hellbender whenever possible. hell i've even found myself ignoring it when its the only vehicle available. it's just a liability. easily killed. no fun with this single non-punchy beam. drives funny.

i say, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

epic, you guys have turned off a lot of your fanbase.

Comment

I wouldn't pass up an empty 'bender. It's still faster than the hoverboard and 800 armor is a lot better than the "take a hit - fall off - die horribly" hoverboard. Plus the skymines are pretty nasty up close.

I always felt the skymines were more powerful in UT2004. Technically speaking they are still just as powerful. Everything else just got upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                  The only thing different about that rear turret's functionality is that we reversed it so you don't have to go around holding the button forever while someone is driving you around. Unfortunately the charge bar got broken somewhere so this fact isn't obvious
                  Will you (Epic, not you specifically) be fixing it?

And why isn't everyone else in this thread demanding it, too?

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne View Post
                    Will you (Epic, not you specifically) be fixing it?
                    I would like to know this as well. Thanks

Comment

It just troubles me that people have been complaining about the "broken-ness" of the Bender rear seat ever since the demo, and only now, more than a month after the game's release, do we get official confirmation that it is in fact "broken" (Mysterial's word, not mine - I'm not being polemical here). As a big fan of the 2k4 Bender, I'd very much like to see this one fixed.

Comment

I don't think we have anything to worry about. If Epic is aware it's broken, then clearly they will fix it in a patch. They're probably working on things that they deem more important.

@Xyx: Sure the Skymines aren't any more powerful than in UT2k4, but now you can drive and fire at the same time! It makes for a far more powerful vehicle and frees a team mate to do something else.

Comment

The bender needs to be beefed up. It stands no chance against its Necris counterpart, the Nemesis.

And the Goliath shell needs a larger area of a effect and more damage output. Right now, it's outweighed by the hitscan heatray of the Darkwalker.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                            The only thing different about that rear turret's functionality is that we reversed it so you don't have to go around holding the button forever while someone is driving you around. Unfortunately the charge bar got broken somewhere so this fact isn't obvious
                            I have no idea why holding a mouse button is bad or too hard?
                            it adds fun and more control to the gameplay. always click-click-click is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post
                              The bender needs to be beefed up. It stands no chance against its Necris counterpart, the Nemesis.

And the Goliath shell needs a larger area of a effect and more damage output. Right now, it's outweighed by the hitscan heatray of the Darkwalker.
                              I think the Nemesis is the counter to the Goliath. Hellbender's counterpart is the Nightshade.

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                                I think the Nemesis is the counter to the Goliath. Hellbender's counterpart is the Nightshade.
                                True, the Nemesis certainly can't be the Bender's counterpart. If properly used, neither Goliaths nor Walkers stand a chance against it. It clearly belongs into the tank class. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X