No announcement yet.

New hellbender 2nd seat is retarded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes it worse is not the new way of firing and charging. It's how visible it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
      Well, an audio cue would have been handy, too. The vehicles lack a lot of the small touches that help make them effective (audio cues for charging up, functional headlights, driving sound audible to pedestrians, etc.).
      There is an audio cue for charging. When you fire it makes a noise. When the noise fades it is charged. I don't know that for a fact, but it works for me.

It's not as fun to blast vehicles (esp Mantas) like it used to be, but it's hardly been nerfed. The rear turret still delivers a one hit kill on infantry when charged. I just played Torlan and parked it on a hill just like I would do in UT2k4, and it worked just as well. It now takes more than one hit to kill a Manta tho, but I think that's a good thing. It would make the manta way too weak against the Hellbender.

Let's not forget the best thing about the new Hellbender: You can now drive and fire the Skymines at the same time. I think that is a huge improvement.

Comment

It should be a feared vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
          There is an audio cue for charging. When you fire it makes a noise. When the noise fades it is charged. I don't know that for a fact, but it works for me.

It's not as fun to blast vehicles (esp Mantas) like it used to be, but it's hardly been nerfed. The rear turret still delivers a one hit kill on infantry when charged. I just played Torlan and parked it on a hill just like I would do in UT2k4, and it worked just as well. It now takes more than one hit to kill a Manta tho, but I think that's a good thing. It would make the manta way to weak against the Hellbender.

Let's not forget the best thing about the new Hellbender: You can now drive and fire the Skymines at the same time. I think that is a huge improvement.
          Um how do you charge the beam?

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
            Um how do you charge the beam?
            Just read one or two more posts in this thread and you'll know. To be more precise, you don't have to do anything to charge it.

Edit: You even quoted a post that explains it perfectly. o_O

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
              Just read one or two more posts in this thread and you'll know. To be more precise, you don't have to do anything to charge it.

Edit: You even quoted a post that explains it perfectly. o_O
              Grr just tell me

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                Grr just tell me
                He did tell you.

If you wait 3 seconds before firing it charges its self.

In Ut2004 hold button to charge.

In UT3 don't hold button to charge because it is self charging.

Comment

Axon veichles are boring. Necris is far better. *joins Necris*

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
                    Axon veichles are boring. Necris is far better. *joins Necris*
                    But Axon have the Goliath and the Leviathan, both of which cause the enemy to cry like little girls because they only last 2ms after their spawn-protection has worn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                      But Axon have the Goliath and the Leviathan, both of which cause the enemy to cry like little girls because they only last 2ms after their spawn-protection has worn off.

Those are exceptions. Tbh the Axon veichles that suck are Hellbender and Scorpion. Give me a manta or raptor anytime rather.

Comment

SPMA and Paladin aren't exactly made of win either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
                          Tbh the Axon veichles that suck are Hellbender and Scorpion.
                          You can cause lots of damage with the new Scorpion. Mantas and Vipers don't stand a chance and if you manage to be a bit sneaky, the self-destruct takes out bigger vehicles as well.

Very useful vehicle on Downtown for instance. Just as the Hellbender, btw. Still I prefer Mantas and tanks. ;]

Comment

And don't forget the new hellbender. It's terrible on wide open maps like Avalanche, but the skymine combo is devastating on maps like Downtown.

Plus what LêøÑ¡dås said, the scorpions are quite powerful.

Comment

Anyone else feel they nerfed the Goliath gunner seat, too? Except at close range, it misses like crazy, no matter how good your aim is, due to the huge random spread it has now. Same with the Darkwalker gunner seat, really. Maybe a little more accurate, but not hitscan, so just as crappy.

Seems like they de-emphasized teamwork, by making so you're almost always better off finding your own vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
                                Anyone else feel they nerfed the Goliath gunner seat, too? Except at close range, it misses like crazy, no matter how good your aim is, due to the huge random spread it has now. Same with the Darkwalker gunner seat, really. Maybe a little more accurate, but not hitscan, so just as crappy.
                                It was already much better which the first beta patch, let alone the official one... I haven't really used the gunner seat so far, got to try the fixed one a bit. The 2k4 one is actually a bit overpowered, imo. It's so accurate that you can take out any AVRiL guy, no matter how quick his head pops up behind an edge. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X