New hellbender 2nd seat is retarded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hellbender 2nd seat is retarded!

In the old hellbender the 2nd, or maybe it was 3rd seat, had a turret you had to charge up for a powerful blast. It was perfect not only for damaging but for PUSHING something around with the beam. I often used it quickly to shove another vehicle over a hill, make it flip or just plain screw up his steering.

The new fire-mode is just a boring hit-scan minigun style laser, and I am fairly irritated at how un-fun it is to use. Yes it is easier to do some damage with it i suppose but there's no fun reward for taking time to charge up a powerful blast and knock someone around.

Just my 2 fen. (fen is the equivalent of cents in China :P)

Agree, at least in the patch they upped the damage so its not completely pathetic, but yes they took the fun physics elements out of the game. The hellbender beam seat is one, a full blast just leads to an explosion on a vehicle and doesnt knock it around, which was alot of fun with the old bender. Maby put it back in but about 3 quarters as effective.

Also the main reason the paladin was fun, its immense knockback on vehicles and people has gone. Now is just a boring, less effective tank, with a stupid shield that 1: Doesnt protect you when its opening, and 2: Dissapears if you move it through anything. This is really frustrating.

Paladin was one of my favourite vehicles and i always put it in my maps, just sending scorpions flying across the map was hilarious. Now it looks nice but beauty is armour deep.

Comment

They managed to make the hellbender even more boring than it was before.

Comment

The first shot does more damage but if you shoot fast after that each shot does less damage than the first shot.

If you wait a few seconds between shots it does more damage per shot.

Similar to the the old one but you don't have to keep your finger on the button to charge.

Comment

Yeh, Zoo is right.

I think the beam still kills foot soldiers instantly when you let it charge completely. It's your own fault to use it in minigun style. Still an indicator to show the charging would be nice and I don't really understand why they left it out. :/

Comment

Agreed, an indicator to show charge would be great and extremely useful without being upsetting to balance or anything, it would just make that weapon more popular.

I would love to see that weapon get its kick back, hell...bring kick back to every weapon so it feels like we are really hitting the lighter weight stuff hard instead of poking them with wimpy looking lasers. The person reciveing the hits gets more feedback too in the strength of the hits coming from whatever is shooting at them, its almost win win in that sense, minus a slight disadvantage for getting knocked around a bit when your hit.

Comment

I used to solo in a hellbender all the time and i became very awesome with it. I went from thinking the hellbender was the worst vehicle in the game, to absolutely loving it more than scorps and mantas. Which was awesome 'cause most people avoided 'benders like AIDS victims in the '80s.

I'd quickly switch between both turrets and driving and usually prove much more effective than with some other ****s in the other seats doing who knows what.

With the charge turret having a physics effect I would always try and aim for the very top of a scorpion if I could see it sideways, guaranteeing a flip or 2
              You could even flip other 'benders if you caught them on a hill correctly. Plus using full-power blasts against raptors was awesome because it screwed their steering and made it difficult for them to aim at you.

**** **** **** why did Epic break a perfectly awesome weapon?

Where's the logic behind making something very fun into something less fun!@!#?

Comment

I would also add that Hellbender was a great support vehicle. You could have simply placed it on a hill like on old Torlan, charge up the rear laser cannon and provide cover for your teammates assaulting the main node. I miss the knockback effect as well as it often proved useful, extremely fun, and saved my *** countless times

Comment

The only thing different about that rear turret's functionality is that we reversed it so you don't have to go around holding the button forever while someone is driving you around. Unfortunately the charge bar got broken somewhere so this fact isn't obvious

Comment

Well, an audio cue would have been handy, too. The vehicles lack a lot of the small touches that help make them effective (audio cues for charging up, functional headlights, driving sound audible to pedestrians, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                      The only thing different about that rear turret's functionality is that we reversed it so you don't have to go around holding the button forever while someone is driving you around. Unfortunately the charge bar got broken somewhere so this fact isn't obvious
                      The indication bar for a couple things is broken..

Comment

Unfortunately, these relatively small problems have effectively rendered it useless. Even for the few people that have worked out that you must wait between shots, there is no way of knowing how long you have to wait, so either the firing rate or the damage is bound to be suboptimal.

It's a shame, because the skymines are still stupendously powerful, but it's a one-man vehicle now. An impossible-to-drive one-man vehicle at that.

Comment

Unfortunately the charge bar got broken somewhere so this fact isn't obvious
                          good old quote... "EPIC FIX IT PLZ".. =D

Comment

For my part , i think that the bender in ut2k4 for the turret , was perfect , i was really enjoying to charge my blast and on assault mode , push other bender out of the road and make them fall in the space xD , and , it xas a really powerfull Shoot , doing a lot of damage , pushing really hard other vehicule , that was really so funny.

But the actual turret of the bender in ut3 , is boring ,really , you do poor damage , and you borely push your mousekey to shoot , shoot shoot ..so boring -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                              Unfortunately, these relatively small problems have effectively rendered it useless. Even for the few people that have worked out that you must wait between shots, there is no way of knowing how long you have to wait, so either the firing rate or the damage is bound to be suboptimal.
                              Nah the rear gun has a flat rate of charge. Once you fire off that 1st precharged shot the following damage rate is the same if you wait for 1,2 or 3 seconds between shots or just hold down fire. So you may as well keep shooting untill your target is dead unless you are specifically wanting to fire full charged shots at foot players for 1 hit kills. It's fully charged in 3 seconds and you can count that off in your head easy enough if you are doing the sniping thing. Not ideal but not totally broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X